Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2015, 04:21 PM

102,197 posts, read 107,842,460 times

Advertisements

How the woman came to be incapacitated is kind of beside the point of the OP. The OP is discussing why no one reported what was obviously a rape-in-progress (according to the police, who saw the video/s), which several people filmed, not who was at fault for the rape occurring.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2015, 04:56 PM

2,078 posts, read 1,028,184 times
Maybe the people filmed it could tell but most people probably didn't notice due to their own level of intoxication. It looks like a giant crowd so people probably saw a lady getting down and didn't asses her level of consciousness.

Old 04-16-2015, 05:45 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,694,537 times
Not the smartest kids at these Spring Break beaches.

Old 04-16-2015, 08:16 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,297,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
You're trying to back peddle, you were bashing men in general and you know it.
No I was not. I do not bash men. If you'd like proof, see the child support thread in the Parenting subforum.

I am not backpeddling. I know what I said and what I meant. You were incorrect in your assumption of my premise.

Old 04-17-2015, 06:16 AM

13,754 posts, read 13,314,963 times
My son is in Biloxi and he got jumped and had his phone stolen. He said it was "Black Spring Break" down there. I have no idea what that means and he didn't explain. I was just upset about his phone. I imagine it may be a black college or two having spring break at a different time than the mainstream colleges? It's what the locals call it. I'm not sure if that has any bearing.

Bystander intervention can save lives!

Old 04-17-2015, 02:18 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,555,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrex62 View Post
Were it a guy getting raped under the same circumstances described thus far, I would place the same level of condemnation and proportion of blame to him. Guys likewise need to use better judgement in their lives to stay safe.

Between posts I have responded to and posts that have responded to me, YOU are the only one that has stated that the girl is being blamed for the incident. I have only stated that she made bad judgement calls and put herself in a bad situation.

The sad truth is that rapists DO need an excuse to rape. They look for opportunity and expectations of success and decide whether or not to rape based on that assessment. They are not usually waking up in the morning and putting on their rape gear and heading out to a party to troll for victims. They instead wake up just like you do, put on their party gear and head out for a fun time. If they happen to see an opportunity, they just might take it. Like every scenario, there are exceptions and rapists who do plan their day around the hunt for a victim. I just think if it were are frequent as you seem to indicate the rape stats would be much closer to 75% of women getting raped than the 20% bandied about by the advocates against rape culture.

As to the video, no I haven't seen it and don't even know where I would go to look for it. Do you have a copy personally?
You still blame the victim. Where is the blame, the personal responsibility of the person who ACTUALLY COMMITTED THE CRIME?

Old 04-17-2015, 03:39 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,891,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCpl2 View Post
I think they should have their penises cut off and she should be sewed up.. Both sides are stupid in that they are either raping her (which is about POWER and NOT SEX) or they are doing her without her consent which si just as bad... And her for hanging out with a bunch of drunk idiots and acting that way herself to get into this situation...

How many girls/women have you been around who start out on a mission to get drunk and laid by whoever they can?
I have seen girls approach a guy(cause he's cute) and his friends and its a one girl orgy because she is drunk and rolling with whatever happens.. You think women are innocent? Throw alcohol into the mix and you have what it is. The woman was consenting at the onslaught and the 7 guys she approached obliged her.
Times have changed and women use sex as a tool and usually regret it 15 hours later. Some of them don't.

Others are naive when out on their own for the first time and when in social situations like Spring Break are over their heads. One thing that is scary is guys who aren't college kids on break know the younger kids, especially girls, are going to certain locales and they take advantage of the situation. Call them predators. Guys in their mid-late 20s with money can sway a few young minds to do anything. They can talk a drunken young coed into having sex with them while they make a video of it. Then it shows up on the interweb.

Old 04-17-2015, 05:54 PM

1,881 posts, read 3,351,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron1022 View Post
Sub-human Neanderthal. And since Black folks want to whine about White atrocities, then lets just bring out the fact that THIS atrocity was by three BLACKS. Reality is that when a male does this to a female no matter what race.,he needs his nut crushed.
Video according to the Sheriffs office shows a young woman sitting in a chair(no color mentioned but, really does it matter? no. Assault is an assault.) in a semi-conscious state, obviously not in control of her full faculties.
Women need to stop putting themselves into these kind of situations. There are always predators that are opportunists. Am I saying she asked for it? No. But she didn't do anything to take precautions to prevent it either.
Its, like walking into a pack of coyotes, sitting down and expecting nothing to happen. THAT IS NOT HOW LIFE WORKS. You put yourself in a vulnerable position, there is predator right around the corner.

A half naked woman amongst a pack of young healthy hormone raging young bucks is going to taken advantage of. Period end of story. Now the sooner women get this through their thick skulls the better off they will be.
Females: Cover your hormone triggerers. Keep your mind free from pollutants(drugs/alchohol) and learn how to kick A.

Hefers like Beyoncé who let all there bits and pieces hang out triggering hormones, have a phalanx of armed guards to protect them for the hormone raging bucks that want to jump on the stage. You ladies don't; so stop watching that disgusting, pathetic cow, trying to emulate her, BE A LADY and cover your bits and pieces and go take classes that teaches you how to kick A. Just in case you meet a predator.
You really don't get it do you? Do you really expect a grown woman to live as if every man is a rapist? What are you telling me about men? That you are as evil as some women make you out to be? This is what you are saying, this is the subtext. Where is the conversation on YOUR part about what we can do to prevent men from being rapists? I guess its just something that happens normally. WHO THINKS THIS WAY? Do you not understand the flaws in your logic? WHY IN GOD'S NAME are so many men so keen to complain about women doing this or that or being gold diggers, being promiscuous, being liars, what have you- but NO ONE comes up with an answer as to HOW to change MEN'S behavior. ITS JUST NATURE i guess. There is no hope for you I guess. Men are coyotes, they are savages.

Beyonce has the right to wear what the hell she wants and perhaps you need to take more responsibility for your own mindset and actions. Woman earns her own money, makes her own decisions, and has alot of talent and class. Neither she nor women in general should be charged with being responsible for anyone but her own actions. Not yours, not the savages that you claim all men are and that we should just live with it. GIVE ME A BREAK. I know plenty of men who would die protecting their female friends and family. I have several male friends who have been in situations where the girl was drunk and they could have easily taken advantage, and didn't. Maybe YOU are the problem and not men in general. You really need to think some things through. Obviously, calling Beyonce a "hefer" and a "fat cow" sorta indicates where your sympathy lies.
Its also funny that women wear bikinis on beaches all the time and don't get raped. Should we wear burkas? Perhaps you would find the Saudi environs more to your liking?

I will agree with you on two things- the nut crushing, and that women need to learn to kick A. Tura Satana, made famous in one of my all time favorite films "Faster Pussycat Kill Kill!" was a half Japanese-half Cherokee woman who was raped when she was 11 by a gang of thugs. Her father, realizing that his daughter was developing amply and needed to defend herself, had her learn judo and karate. Those moves in that movie are real. All women should have compulsory self defense courses- men need to understand that women could kill them with their bare hands. Maybe that's the answer to the fact that I am suppose to believe all men are rape machines with no responsibility for what happens to them when women decide to dress how they like.

Old 04-18-2015, 05:39 AM

4,721 posts, read 5,311,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY to Chicago View Post
No they shouldn't be you hysterical dummy (typical irrational emotional women lol)....They have absolutely no obligation to intervene in anyway shape or form and I'm assuming many of them didn't even realize or think a rape was occurring.

Obviously they SHOULD have intervened (if they realized a rape was occurring) but they have no obligation to help anyone other than themselves....Case closed.

The only obligation a person has is to help themselves....Obviously it's better to help others, but you are not obligated to in any way shape or form....Case closed....You help/protect yourself from threats and if not well you better hope (key word is hope not obligation) that others are brave/kind enough to help you....
As a new poster, you seem to have a lot of hostility. I noticed earlier in the thread another woman was called silly by you, and now you call me a hysterical dummy. You don't know me, but I will tell you that you have no right to call me anything. That is not the way to debate an issue. We may not agree, but I will not call you names. I guess no one has reported your name calling to the moderators because they don't allow it. I will not report it, but it is time for you to debate with trying to denigrate your foes.

Old 04-18-2015, 06:43 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,561,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
How many girls/women have you been around who start out on a mission to get drunk and laid by whoever they can?
I have seen girls approach a guy(cause he's cute) and his friends and its a one girl orgy because she is drunk and rolling with whatever happens.. You think women are innocent? Throw alcohol into the mix and you have what it is. The woman was consenting at the onslaught and the 7 guys she approached obliged her.
Times have changed and women use sex as a tool and usually regret it 15 hours later. Some of them don't.

Others are naive when out on their own for the first time and when in social situations like Spring Break are over their heads. One thing that is scary is guys who aren't college kids on break know the younger kids, especially girls, are going to certain locales and they take advantage of the situation. Call them predators. Guys in their mid-late 20s with money can sway a few young minds to do anything. They can talk a drunken young coed into having sex with them while they make a video of it. Then it shows up on the interweb.
The first part of your post in sheer nonsense. You are making up a story to justify rape of a woman by multiple guys. When you say women use sex as a tool you are making yourself out to be a misogynist. I really can't see how anyone can think like this. Maybe it stems from something in your childhood. These three guys need to be incarcerated for a long time and hopefully this girl will get therapy for a despicable act that somebody should of stopped. A bunch of cowards in the crowd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events