Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2015, 01:14 PM

15,535 posts, read 10,510,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
It's code for black folks.

Don
Since when? A thug has always been a person who engages in (or flirts with) criminal behavior. It has nothing to do with skin color.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2015, 01:15 PM

73,048 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
I see my questions still remained ignored and unanswered.

Go figure.
That is what happens when there are people who are more interested in histrionics than a civilized conversation.

Old 04-27-2015, 01:20 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,350,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
heh, no answer? not surprising.

i will continue to not capitalize anything i feel like not capitalizing, and there's nothing you can do about it.

i don't see a poster named superhero, nor do i see any other poster saying they want to 'take Murica back.' so yeah, start combing.
How am I going to "answer" something when you didn't even ask me a question? You didn't see SuperWoman1's post above yours? And obviously the Murica statement wasn't meant to be taken literal.

It's also obvious that you have selective memory also, or you aren't paying attention in these race related threads.

Take a look at the Huge Brawl in the HS and other threads where the perpetrator was Black and you'll see how Whites on CD claim they want to deal with the issue... From behind their keyboards.

"i will continue to not capitalize anything i feel like not capitalizing, and there's nothing you can do about it."

If you want me to take what you're saying seriously it would help. Ironically enough, I'm willing to bet you probably up-vote or make comments criticizing the "Black community" for the large amount of uneducated people.

Old 04-27-2015, 01:27 PM

36 posts, read 36,667 times
Any video that shows disrespect should be banned. This video makes me angry whether it's fake or not/ white or black. It shows disrespect.

Old 04-27-2015, 02:26 PM

4,794 posts, read 12,380,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
And I see no ethnic group that is spoken to in a monolithic fashion. I don't care what other black people do, how they talk, who they date, who they vote for, where they live or what they eat for breakfast, yet for some reason, as I try to live my life, I continued to be grouped as either the problem ("hood rats") or part of the problem ("good" blacks that still "enable" this behavior).

So as an African American, to some non-blacks, you're in one of three groups:

A) Hood rats
B) Non-hood rats who would rather a black person be a hood rat than an Uncle Tom or sellout (whatever the hell that means)
C) Non-hood rats who enable the behavior of the previous two groups

Oh and in typical C-D fashion, you ignored my questions, like the rest.

It would just be easier if you all would just admit you can't answer the questions you all keep dodging.
When blacks stop having the same monolithic views on politics and other social issues like cheering on a double murderer getting away it, then they won't be viewed as monolithic. It's that simple. I saw in some precincts that Obama got 100% of the vote. Even Saddam Hussein only got 99% in his rigged election in Iraq yet some places in Philadelphia and NYC Obama got 100 freaking percent! This is pathetic and shows blacks are not maturing politically among other ways, but actually regressing into group think. How much more monolithic can you get that 100%?
And the few blacks who don't follow the line are viewed with suspicion.
I remember there was discussion on ESPN about whether Washington Redskin quarterback Robert Griffin lll was authentic because he had a white girl friend and there was suspicion he might be, wait for it! a Republican. The same issue has come up here in the Seattle area with Russell Wilson. In 2015 blacks are really still having these kinds of discussions?
Ridiculous.

Old 04-27-2015, 02:31 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,121,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marjoriemorley View Post
Any video that shows disrespect should be banned. This video makes me angry whether it's fake or not/ white or black. It shows disrespect.
80% of the YouTube videos must be banned in that case . . .

Mick

Old 04-27-2015, 02:36 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,121,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgg View Post
To think, these people will be recruited by the Democratic party to vote.
Hey, they have to counteract the votes sought by GOP in trailer parks and Walmart, no?

Mick

Old 04-27-2015, 02:54 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,176,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
When blacks stop having the same monolithic views on politics and other social issues like cheering on a double murderer getting away it, then they won't be viewed as monolithic. It's that simple. I saw in some precincts that Obama got 100% of the vote. Even Saddam Hussein only got 99% in his rigged election in Iraq yet some places in Philadelphia and NYC Obama got 100 freaking percent! This is pathetic and shows blacks are not maturing politically among other ways, but actually regressing into group think. How much more monolithic can you get that 100%?
I remember there was discussion on ESPN about whether Washington Redskin quarterback Robert Griffin lll was authentic because he had a white girl friend and there was suspicion he might be, wait for it! a Republican. The same issue has come up here in the Seattle area with Russell Wilson. In 2015 blacks are really still having these kinds of discussions?
Ridiculous.
38 million African Americans voted for Obama? 38 million African Americans were glad when OJ got off? Is that the best you can come up with? If you think the majority of AA's care who The Dangerous Russ Wilson and RGIII date or vote for, then you're completely clueless and should probably stop commenting on a subject you clearly know nothing about. Blacks have been considered a monolithic group long before Obama or OJ.

Oh by the way, I'm not a liberal or a democrat and I was like 5 during the OJ trial, so that pokes a hole in that already stupid argument of yours to justify monolithic descriptions of blacks.

"Enough" will NEVER justify or equal "all". Amazing how "adults" don't understand that.

And once again, you ducked the questions I asked, in typical C-D fashion.

Yeah, "ridiculous" is the correct word, here.

Last edited by ATG5; 04-27-2015 at 03:21 PM..

Old 04-27-2015, 02:56 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,325,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradpiff View Post
thug is the new n word
this ^^^

Old 04-27-2015, 03:05 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,350,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
Ridiculous.
I spit out my soda from laughing so hard. OMG

ATG already touched the political side, so I'm going to finish destroying the rest. Where are you getting this data from? *gasp* You saw something on ESPN? So if I saw something on ABC where they were talking about a video showing a corrupt police officer does that make them all bad?

If you honestly think all Black people are Republicans because of what you witnessed personally then there's no hope for you, and you should check this out...

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/anecdotal

"In 2015 blacks are really still having these kinds of discussions?"

Yes, because in 2015 Whites can't seem to comprehend that Blacks share the exact same brain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events