Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2015, 09:23 AM

468 posts, read 582,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabber_wocky View Post
How do you know what is in the vaccinations??? would it not be simpler if BEFORE people were let in from third world countries THEY WERE given vaccinations??
Would it not be simpler if Ebola laden people were not bought into a healthy population??

So every one should be vaccinated and spend billions of dollars for it, instead of VETTING/vaccinating people for a few thousand dollars BEFORE THEY BRING some disease into a nation that was VIRTUALLY FREE of diseases. Your priorities are backwards.

Old 04-26-2015, 09:35 AM

3,515 posts, read 3,685,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron1022 View Post
How do you know what is in the vaccinations??? would it not be simpler if BEFORE people were let in from third world countries THEY WERE given vaccinations??
Would it not be simpler if Ebola laden people were not bought into a healthy population??

So every one should be vaccinated and spend billions of dollars for it, instead of VETTING/vaccinating people for a few thousand dollars BEFORE THEY BRING some disease into a nation that was VIRTUALLY FREE of diseases. Your priorities are backwards.

I'm not even sure what you're going on about. Most of the new measles cases in the U.S. originate from un-vaccinated Americans who traveled overseas, this whole "let's blame it all on the illegals" rhetoric is getting rather old.

In Latin America, people tend to have a positive attitude towards doctors and medicines in general, vaccination is seen as highly important and that is why roughly 99% of children end up vaccinated in Mexico and 95-97% in various other countries. Its seen as preventative medicine. I'm far more concerned about the suburban soccer mom in the U.S. who thinks that Jenny McCarthy is a credible source of medical insight and refuses to vaccinate her kids because of oddball conspiracy theories.

Old 04-26-2015, 09:40 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,829,556 times
Thumbs down *

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310
Children not vaccinated put others at risk. I don't have a problem with this..
IF VACCINES ARE SO GOOD WHY WOULD THIS BE THE CASE??

Answer please...

Old 04-26-2015, 09:47 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,733,915 times
I see that many people are finally getting their wish to control the medical decisions of others and force parents to get their children vaccinated against their will. Congratulations. You are one scary bunch.

Old 04-26-2015, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
IF VACCINES ARE SO GOOD WHY WOULD THIS BE THE CASE??

Answer please...

Probably because there's a substantial amount of people who can't be vaccinated for legitimate medical reasons and thus depend on the principle of herd immunity to reduce occurrence of a disease and as a result, offer them some measure of protection.

Vaccination is awful until your kids come down with whooping cough and you're worried that they might have infected your newborn niece as well.

Quote:
Unfortunately, Hills’ timing was slightly off. Shortly after the meeting with her doctor and before her children received any inoculations, they all contracted whooping cough, which can be prevented through a vaccine. Her children were in isolation for a full week and she says her youngest were coughing so hard they would gag or vomit. “The kicker is that they may have given it to my five month old niece, too young to be fully vaccinated,” she writes in the blog post.

Hills opted to skip vaccines because like most anti-vaxxers she questioned the safety of these shots. “We stopped because we were scared and didn’t know who to trust,” she explains. “Was the medical community just paid off puppets of a Big Pharma-Government-Media conspiracy? Were these vaccines even necessary in this day and age? Were we unwittingly doing greater harm than help to our beloved children? So much smoke must mean a fire so we defaulted to the ‘do nothing and hope nothing bad happens’ position.”
Now, after caring for seven ill children, she understands the purpose of vaccines. From quarantine with her children, she wrote, “I said before that the irony isn’t lost on me that I’m writing this from quarantine. For six years we were frozen in fear from vaccines, and now we are frozen because of the disease. My oldest two are getting better, the youngest four are getting worse and fast . . . Tonight, the baby started ‘whooping’. I did the right thing going to the hospital when I did. I can only hope this painfully honest sharing will help others.”
http://blog.sfgate.com/sfmoms/2015/0...hooping-cough/

Old 04-26-2015, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I see that many people are finally getting their wish to control the medical decisions of others and force parents to get their children vaccinated against their will. Congratulations. You are one scary bunch.

Nobody is being forced to do anything. If parents want to buy into foolish conspiracy theories and get their science from discredited doctors and high-school dropouts, they are more than welcome to, just understand that your kids have no place in any school as a result of your decision.

There are states which for a long time have allowed no exemptions to vaccination other than for legitimate medical reasons with little controversy. As others have posted, the Supreme Court has set precedent in deeming the requirement of vaccination to be wholly Constitutional.

This whole thing is just a whole lot of hot air that most people opposed to vaccination will gripe about, deal with, accept and then get over it.

Last edited by Juram; 04-26-2015 at 09:58 AM..

Old 04-26-2015, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juram View Post
Nobody is being forced to do anything. If parents want to buy into foolish conspiracy theories and get their science from discredited doctors and high-school dropouts, they are more than welcome to, just understand that your kids have no place in any school as a result of your decision.
Many people are though. People who can't afford to stay home and homeschool their children, for example are being forced. Do parents who are not allowed to have access to public schools still have to pay taxes for something that they are denied access to?

Old 04-26-2015, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Many people are though. People who can't afford to stay home and homeschool their children, for example are being forced. Do parents who are not allowed to have access to public schools still have to pay taxes for something that they are denied access to?

They are not being denied access, they are simply being asked to meet the set standards which includes vaccination. In the end if they prevent their kids from attending a public school, they are the ones that are denying their own kids access.

Old 04-26-2015, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juram View Post
They are not being denied access, they are simply being asked to meet the set standards which includes vaccination. In the end if they prevent their kids from attending a public school, they are the ones that are denying their own kids access.
Semantics. Many parents are in fact being forced to go against their beliefs in order for their kids to have access to public schools. Something that all are supposed to have access to.

Old 04-26-2015, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Semantics. Many parents are in fact being forced to go against their beliefs in order for their kids to have access to public schools. Something that all are supposed to have access to.

Sorry? As a rule, society isnt meant to cater to every paranoid delusion out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events