Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2015, 05:18 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,733,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlvancouver View Post
So you propose elementary school students take a "Blood Bore{sic} Pathogens Course" and "Universal Precautions Courses" instead of being vaccinated? Umm okay.

I'd suggest that the vaccination is slightly more practical
The risk of contracting Hep B is very low for children who do not live in a home with someone who has Hep B. The risk is not high by any means.

Old 07-08-2015, 06:57 PM

10,225 posts, read 6,311,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlvancouver View Post
So you propose elementary school students take a "Blood Bore{sic} Pathogens Course" and "Universal Precautions Courses" instead of being vaccinated? Umm okay.

I'd suggest that the vaccination is slightly more practical
Ha. But school staff do, and can REFUSE their vaccinations. Hey, are your kiddos teacher, lunch lady, janitor fully vaccinated? Secret? School staff are not asked to show their vaccination records, even for the deadly MEASLES. That is fine. Only unvaccinated children can get or spread diseases.

"Bore" typo, but maybe a Freudian slip? lol Those courses were a BORE every single year.

I will be blunt. I find you paranoid people very amusing in my old age.

Old 07-08-2015, 07:01 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,358,417 times
Jo, with all due respect, a vaccinated woman receiving immunosuppressive therapy, just died from complications of an undetected measles infection. As someone who is also vaccinated and taking the same type of drugs, I have good reason to be concerned.

Old 07-08-2015, 07:05 PM

10,225 posts, read 6,311,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
The risk of contracting Hep B is very low for children who do not live in a home with someone who has Hep B. The risk is not high by any means.
Who are Newborns going to get Hep. B from? Their mothers, who can have blood draws to test for it, or HOSPITALS where they were born. Future risks? When they are only one day old? What is the RUSH then for something that may or may not happen many, many years later?

My feeling is that HOSPITALS pushed this to save their own a...s against liability with this one.

Old 07-08-2015, 07:09 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,711,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
This gets into natural immunity from the disease. Epidemics of measles went around. There were times in school when so many kids were out with measles. No, none were hospitalized, maimed, or died. I grew up in NYC. Millions of people. By the time I got into HS and they came around with the vaccination in school, VERY FEW went down to the nurse for that vax. Why? Because by the time they have reached the teen years they all had it already, from the years when it was very widespread.

I also think that the birthrate at that time played a factor. The WW2 Baby Boom was over by the early 60s. Certainly in Manhattan by then, adults were having fewer children. Fewer hosts for the virus. The older children and adults were immune from having measles. The virus cannot live on a school desk indefinitely waiting for a baby to get old enough to go to school. So I suppose you could say that "Herd Immunity" from the disease was playing out with natural immunity.

It does make you wonder what happened with those teens who got that first vax, which they now say wasn't as effective as the one today. Since they graduated HS not long afterwards, did they ever get that newer MMR? Those teens would be in their 60's today. The "vaccinated" but maybe not immune after all these years?
1. In point of fact, about 48,000 people were hospitalized for measles annually prior to the vaccine. You were a child back then. Do you really think you knew the disease/hospitalization status for eveyone in NYC?
Measles | For Healthcare Professionals | CDC

The birth rate reached its peak in 1957, however, the number of births did not go below 4 million until 1965. It has never gone below 3 million since, and is at about 4 million again.
BBHQ: Boomer Statistics

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Really? What a cop-out. There's nothing you can do? How about covering your baby when out and about where snotty little children are prevalent (like at say, a doctor's office)?
Since most people apparently did not open my link about this and my computer won't let me do graphics easily, I'll print the words from it:
"So it's time for my dog's rabies shot. I'm going to go the anti-vaxer route and just skip it. So just keep in mind if she happens to get rabies and bites your dog at the dog park, it's YOUR fault for bringing your dog around mine. She bites YOU? Well, that's your problem, it's my right to bring my dog out in public without any regard to you or your safety."

That's how you anti-vaxers sound.
\

Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
From the law office of Morgan & Verkamp, Ohio:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE-AUGUST 27,2014:

STATEMENT OF WILLIAM W. THOMPSON, Ph.D., REGARDING THE 2004 ARTICLE EXAMINING THE POSSIBILITY OF A RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN MMR VACCINE AND AUTISM[SIZE=4]
“My name is William Thompson. I am a Senior Scientist with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, where I have worked since 1998.

I regret that my coauthors and I omitted statistically significant information in our 2004 article published in the journal Pediatrics.

The omitted data suggested that African American males who received the MMR vaccine before age 36 months were at increased risk for autism.

Decisions were made regarding which findings to report after the data were collected, and I believe that the final study protocol was not followed.”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][SIZE=2]http://www.morganverkamp.com/august-27-2014-press-release-statement-of-william-w-thompson-ph-d-regarding-the-2004-article-examining-the-possibility-of-a-relationship-between-mmr-vaccine-and-autism/[/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=2][SIZE=2][/SIZE][/SIZE]
Para 3 of same letter: "I want to be absolutely clear that I believe vaccines have saved and continue to save countless lives. I would never suggest that any parent avoid vaccinating children of any race. Vaccines prevent serious diseases, and the risks associated with their administration are vastly outweighed by their individual and societal benefits."

Quote:
Question here for mandatory vaccinations for public school. Hep. B is required from infancy. That is a blood borne disease. What about HIV, also blood borne, for which there is no vaccine?

Are you terrified there might be a HIV positive child around you children? You will never know that because of HIPPA. Children with AIDS are not banned from public schools. So if you want all children to be vaccinated according to the CDC list, what about children with HIV? Do you consider blood borne diseases for which there are vaccinations, LESS of a threat to your kiddos than a disease for which there is no vaccine?

Children bleed in school from Kinder to HS. Why is one blood borne disease more terrifying to you than another? Sounds to me that it is not the DISEASE itself, but the issue of vaccinations that you are up in arms against, otherwise you would be banning HIV kids from school because they can spread disease.
Hep B is 50-100 X more contagious than HIV.
Hepatitis B FAQs for the Public | Division of Viral Hepatitis | CDC

Quote:
I worked in both facilities for MR/DD and Public Schools. It was required by law that we had to take the OSHA Blood Bore Pathogens Course every year of employment for both. We also were required to take Universal Precautions courses mandated under OHSA.

Employees were offered Hep. B vax, which you want mandated for childhood school enrollment, but could decline. Why not? Well, for one thing that Universal Precautions courses shows how to PREVENT blood borne pathogens. Do YOU know HOW? Blood borne diseases do not differentiate children from adults. Can you UNDERSTAND that?

I suppose you think that VACCINES are they ONLY method to prevent blood borne diseases.

Edit: Ask Katrina, the RN about this, not the health care office workers. Why do vaccinated doctors and nurses wear gloves drawing blood or giving vaccinations? It is "mutual" transmission precautions.
Actually, OSHA does not require the wearing of gloves to give immunizations, and we do not use them for same in our office. We don't draw blook in our office. There is a greater risk of exposure from drawing blood, and one can be exposed to all sorts of things there are no vaccines for, such as HIV and Hepatitis C. You are correct, gloves are to protect the HCP as well as the patient.

Old 07-08-2015, 07:15 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,711,654 times
Quote:
Who are Newborns going to get Hep. B from? Their mothers, who can have blood draws to test for it, or HOSPITALS where they were born. Future risks? When they are only one day old? What is the RUSH then for something that may or may not happen many, many years later?

My feeling is that HOSPITALS pushed this to save their own a...s against liability with this one.
Most children who get Hep B get it from a family member. Also, infants and small children are more likely to develop chronic Hep B.
Why Infants Should Receive the Hepatitis B Vaccine at Birth | Shot of Prevention

Old 07-08-2015, 07:25 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,848,200 times
Most of the vaccinations are because these infections are especially dangerous to babies and teens... As an adult they are less worrisome and some don't extend protection past your young adult years... Are these viruses and bacteria less common now then before? Sure because of vaccines... I find it odd that there are people who hate vaccines... I wonder how hey feel if we created a school for the unvaccinated so that if one child gets it, they all do... Would they feel differently then....

Old 07-08-2015, 07:54 PM

7,027 posts, read 4,889,008 times
Quote:
There's no bet. First, my kids stay home when they are sick. Second, treating bacterial illness with natural antibacterial foods and herbs IS treating the illness!

Lemon, honey, garlic, cayenne pepper and many more can and do treat strep more effectively (while reducing swelling and pain) than antibiotics.
*face palm* How about when your kids are incubating the disease? Do they stay home from going with you to the store, the park, the doctor's office? Let me ask you why, since natural treatments are soooooo good at treating these diseases, why the diseases are still around? I'll answer that question for you. It's because you're not treating the disease. You're only giving supportive care to the patient. Would you forego the rabies vaccine if your child was bitten by a rabid fox? Or would you use garlic and cayenne pepper?

Quote:

When was your last pertussis booster? Oh, right, you probably got it with your Tetanus vax. I suppose the parents who won't vaccinate their "snowflakes" have gotten theirs? If a parent doesn't want "poisons" put into their "little snowflakes, they are fine though with poisons being put into their own bodies?
I did get it with the TDaP, in 2012. I hope you know you and your children may only be alive today because of the "poisons" other people put in their bodies on your behalf. You're welcome, from them. And what responsible parent would risk disease, missing work, perhaps losing a paycheck, or being in the hospital when they have children depending on them?

Quote:
Really? What a cop-out. There's nothing you can do? How about covering your baby when out and about where snotty little children are prevalent (like at say, a doctor's office)?
Covering? Seriously? Are you aware that even wearing a mask, you can and will be exposed to a virus because of how small a virus is? A virus, and even a bacterium can go through cloth like a line backer through paper. The only reason people wear masks is because some viruses and bacteria can be carried further by droplets that come from your mouth when you sneeze and cough. The mask prevents the droplets and at least takes care of the virus that is clinging to the droplets. But notice nothing worked during the1918 flu.

Old 07-08-2015, 08:05 PM

6,471 posts, read 6,671,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
Yup, and our children and infants are getting sicker, and sicker, and sicker with each added vaccine to the schedule.
On what could you possibly be basing that statement? It used to be COMMON for parents to lose a child due to childhood illness. My own mother had THREE siblings die in childhood. Two of them died two days apart. Can you even IMAGINE that happening to someone you know now? I could count on one hand the number of people I know, my age or younger, who have had a child die.

Thank god for vaccines, antibiotics, surgical procedures, cancer treatments, drugs, diagnostic tests, and so many other medical advances that have led to childhood deaths being quite a RARITY, and have led to a significantly longer average lifespan. In 1900, the average lifespan in the USA was 47 years!! Again, THANK GOD for medical advances!

Old 07-08-2015, 08:15 PM

7,027 posts, read 4,889,008 times
If I had a PhD come on this forum and tell you antivaxxers about how the sun converts energy to fuel and burns until it becomes a red giant, would any of you here believe him? If I gave you the chemical formulas that show in exactly what proportion hydrogen is turned into helium and so forth, would you doubt those formulas? If not, why not? A Phd in nuclear physics hasn't studied any more or knows any less than any other PhD who has studied disease and microbiology or anything else related to vaccines. So why is one believable and one not?

Do you guys actually know what the people who work at the CDC do? Do you know that they volunteer to go to places in the world where people are dying of diseases, some of which there are no cure for? Are you aware that in places like Pakistan, vaccination is forbidden by Islam extremists and people are being shot and killed when they attempt to vaccinate the children who live there (at the begging of the parents), but they know it saves the lives of children so they continue to risk theirs anyway? Are you aware that there are Third World countries that have had civil war for thirty years that have a better vaccination record than the US and more of their population is protected by vaccination?

How many antivaxxers here would give their child the smallpox vaccine if smallpox were deemed a threat tomorrow. Miss Terri? Some others? I'm just curious. How many? Yes? No? And why or why not?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events