Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2015, 03:41 PM

1,170 posts, read 1,022,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
Yup, and our children and infants are getting sicker, and sicker, and sicker with each added vaccine to the schedule.
How many of these truly wonderful [not] vaccines have you availed yourself of.
I mean they're just soooo nifty. Why not get them all, I'm pretty sure you could get them all at once if you really wanted.
Just think how healthy and protected you'd be.
Vaccines have damaged and destroyed multitudes of young lives...You gotta be blind to think that amount of vaccines (the poster i posted) is OK. How many did you have as a child...was it that many?
It's not vaccines (immune system disablers) that have stopped disease and kept it at bay...it's clean water, clean food, antiseptics and hygeine that saves and protects lives.
Vaccines just ruin lives.
Unlike you, I'll hold off on the insults.
Not true that people are getting sicker. Simply fiction. Vaccines save lives and the illnesses they largely eradicated are returning in no small part due to uninformed anti-vaxers and their cult of celebrity leaders like Jenny McCarthy.

All of the reputable data supports vaccines working. There is no doubt advancements in other areas support this reduction but without the continuation of vaccinations at levels to maintain "herd immunity" we are already seeing a resurgence.

Old 07-08-2015, 03:46 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,524,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
As an adjutant therapy, sure. As a primary therapy, absolutely not.

Back to the topic? Hasn't the horse died yet? A little diversion is a relief from the completely irreconcilable positions already thoroughly expressed in this thread.
Now that is funny! I'm sure you mean adjuvant therapy but the picture of

had me laughing. Adjutant stork therapy would be dangerous!

BTW- sorry about the huge image, I can't remember how to size it and manually resizing it (dragging it to be smaller) doesn't seem to work.

Old 07-08-2015, 03:59 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,733,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
That is very dangerous. You and she should look up scarlet fever, rheumatic fever, and glomerulonehritis, all complications of untreated strep. Antivirals will do nothing for bacteria.

I know what the complications of strep are. The fact is, that poster treated her daughter with proven methods and the treatment was effective. I would think that she would have gone to the doc for antibiotics if the infection could not clear using more natural methods.

Old 07-08-2015, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlvancouver View Post
OMG! You mean you'd expose your special snowflake to diallyl disulfide, allylpropyl disulfide, and allicin? Those are poisonous!!!

( They're also compounds in garlic, which some of the same "out there" naturopaths and "diet as medicine" flakes consider toxic).

Google garlic toxicity
Garlic Toxicity

It's hard not to get caught in your own pseudo-science net sometimes.

[Take this post with a heavy dose of both garlic and sarcasm - I am not saying stay away from garlic, just mocking those that seem to view long tricky to pronounce names as evil science/ pharmaceuticals, while hailing "natural" as risk free]
omg, you are so illogical, condescending and off point.

Old 07-08-2015, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
Treating it with woo, yeah. That is not the appropriate treatment. It IS essentially untreated strep.
Wrong. Just because you don't understand herbalism or nutrition in an in depth manner does not make it "woo".

Old 07-08-2015, 04:18 PM

10,225 posts, read 6,311,516 times
Question here for mandatory vaccinations for public school. Hep. B is required from infancy. That is a blood borne disease. What about HIV, also blood borne, for which there is no vaccine?

Are you terrified there might be a HIV positive child around you children? You will never know that because of HIPPA. Children with AIDS are not banned from public schools. So if you want all children to be vaccinated according to the CDC list, what about children with HIV? Do you consider blood borne diseases for which there are vaccinations, LESS of a threat to your kiddos than a disease for which there is no vaccine?

Children bleed in school from Kinder to HS. Why is one blood borne disease more terrifying to you than another? Sounds to me that it is not the DISEASE itself, but the issue of vaccinations that you are up in arms against, otherwise you would be banning HIV kids from school because they can spread disease.

Old 07-08-2015, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Question here for mandatory vaccinations for public school. Hep. B is required from infancy. That is a blood borne disease. What about HIV, also blood borne, for which there is no vaccine?

Are you terrified there might be a HIV positive child around you children? You will never know that because of HIPPA. Children with AIDS are not banned from public schools. So if you want all children to be vaccinated according to the CDC list, what about children with HIV? Do you consider blood borne diseases for which there are vaccinations, LESS of a threat to your kiddos than a disease for which there is no vaccine?

Children bleed in school from Kinder to HS. Why is one blood borne disease more terrifying to you than another? Sounds to me that it is not the DISEASE itself, but the issue of vaccinations that you are up in arms against, otherwise you would be banning HIV kids from school because they can spread disease.
It's science so you may not understand.

If you knew anything about hep b you'd know it is significantly more contagious than HIV.

I'm for responsible interventions that support public health. Childhood vaccinations to attend public school fall decidedly into that category. The easier it is to prevent through vaccination, the more I support vaccination.

Old 07-08-2015, 04:46 PM

10,225 posts, read 6,311,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlvancouver View Post
It's science so you may not understand.

If you knew anything about hep b you'd know it is significantly more contagious than HIV.

I'm for responsible interventions that support public health. Childhood vaccinations to attend public school fall decidedly into that category. The easier it is to prevent through vaccination, the more I support vaccination.
I worked in both facilities for MR/DD and Public Schools. It was required by law that we had to take the OSHA Blood Bore Pathogens Course every year of employment for both. We also were required to take Universal Precautions courses mandated under OHSA.

Employees were offered Hep. B vax, which you want mandated for childhood school enrollment, but could decline. Why not? Well, for one thing that Universal Precautions courses shows how to PREVENT blood borne pathogens. Do YOU know HOW? Blood borne diseases do not differentiate children from adults. Can you UNDERSTAND that?

I suppose you think that VACCINES are they ONLY method to prevent blood borne diseases.

Edit: Ask Katrina, the RN about this, not the health care office workers. Why do vaccinated doctors and nurses wear gloves drawing blood or giving vaccinations? It is "mutual" transmission precautions.

Last edited by Jo48; 07-08-2015 at 04:58 PM..

Old 07-08-2015, 04:53 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,358,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Now that is funny! I'm sure you mean adjuvant therapy but the picture of

had me laughing. Adjutant stork therapy would be dangerous!

BTW- sorry about the huge image, I can't remember how to size it and manually resizing it (dragging it to be smaller) doesn't seem to work.
I did. Good catch! Glad I could provide a giggle and break the tension.

Old 07-08-2015, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
I worked in both facilities for MR/DD and Public Schools. It was required by law that we had to take the OSHA Blood Bore Pathogens Course every year of employment for both. We also were required to take Universal Precautions courses mandated under OHSA.

Employees were offered Hep. B vax, which you want mandated for childhood school enrollment, but could decline. Why not? Well, for one thing that Universal Precautions courses shows how to PREVENT blood borne pathogens. Do YOU know HOW? Blood borne diseases do not differentiate children from adults. Can you UNDERSTAND that?

I suppose you think that VACCINES are they ONLY method to prevent blood borne diseases.
So you propose elementary school students take a "Blood Bore{sic} Pathogens Course" and "Universal Precautions Courses" instead of being vaccinated? Umm okay.

I'd suggest that the vaccination is slightly more practical
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events