Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2015, 09:06 AM

14,400 posts, read 14,292,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Just goes to show how many actors and celebrities have no ability other than an ability to act.

No thanks, Jim. I'll take my medical advice from a doctor not from a Hollywood clown.

Old 07-01-2015, 09:07 AM

14,785 posts, read 24,075,496 times
I really think celebrities should stick to what they know and stay out of medical business and politics . Too bad he does not agree with Jerry Browns signing of a law . Would he prefer that all these non vaccinated kids go to school and infect other kids and these other kids die and then the parents of the non vaccinated kid be held liable for hospital bills , funerals etc ?? cause that might have been the other option so I would like to ask mr Know it all Jim Carrey if he would have liked that option . Im sorry but all of these celebrities need to be quiet and sit down when they know nothing of which they speak .

Old 07-01-2015, 09:08 AM

4,918 posts, read 6,465,929 times
Crazy thing is Jim Carrey would make 10 times as much as a Dr makes in entire year to play a DR in a movie. I wish I was a Hollywood star, 20 million to play a role, only in America folks. Save me Oprah Winfrey.

Old 07-01-2015, 09:41 AM

10,226 posts, read 6,312,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
[My replies in bold]

Your wrong. Its very different. The choice to feed your kids a diet that allows them to become overweight affects your children. The choice not to vaccinate your children for an infectious disease affects the entire community because those not vaccinated, not only can catch a disease, they can spread it as well. Its why the two problems have been dealt with differently for over a 100 years.

Look guys, you tried every argument imaginable to justify not having to vaccinate your kids. You lost in the legislature where it counted and if you challenge the constitutionality of the law, you'll lose in the courts too.

How about being good sports and either accepting the law and getting your kids they shots they need? We can then bring all this hyperbole to an end.
Maybe this needs to be taken up in FEDERAL Court, instead of losing in the STATE Legislature.

https://www.aclu.org/your-right-equality-education

Where does it say Right to Equality in Education EXCEPT IF? Except if you are an illegal child? Except if you are an unvaccinated child?

As a Civil Rights issue, this could be sued in Federal Court. Individual or Class Action suit against the State of California, which would be heard in Federal Court. Unequal treatment under the law.

Best people to sue would be parents of children in Head Start since that is a Federal Program, and Federal monies are given to the states for that program, which pay part of the wages for staff in HS.

Suzy, don't quote me Jacobson. There is no PANDEMIC of any disease in the US, for them to impose Martial Law. Even when a Flu Pandemic was declared in 2009, the Feds did not use that law. THINK ABOUT THAT, Suzy. It would have been political suicide to force a flu shot on all citizens, not to mention a whole of, perhaps, armed resistance if the health police came knocking on people's doors.

Be a Good Sport? Hell, no, when it comes to your own body, and your children's, that is THE most important thing YOU own. Since my children are adults, and I am retired from Education, this doesn't apply to my particular situation, YET. However, I on the basis of ANY mandatory medical treatment, I will try to do my part. I most definitely will not be a "good sport" as an adult WHEN, not if, they come after me. Take your Tdap, Hep. B. Flu, Shingles, etc, and stick it where your sun doesn't shine.

You underestimate public on this.

Old 07-01-2015, 09:44 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,111,878 times
The most convincing white paper I've read on the subject of autism links it to the overstimulation in the brain caused by being flopped down in front of the tv.

Remember when we used to build forts, climb trees, ring and run?

Now we have 24/7 cartoons. It ain't like the old days when you went out to play when Soul Train came on. Vaccinations, my pink ass.

Old 07-01-2015, 09:57 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,585,453 times
He is correct to the extent that the government should not coerce things into people's bodies. Vaccinations should be between parents and doctors, not the government.

Old 07-01-2015, 10:07 AM

117 posts, read 118,101 times
Once people get a lot of money than others it goes to their head and they start thinking success in their area means their opinion on other matters hold merit.

Hollywood actors are the worst with this because they are usually uneducated, picked at a young age for their looks and lack of shame in front of a camera. They literally have nothing to offer the world off camera, which makes many of them mentally unstable and depressed.

Old 07-01-2015, 10:09 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,807,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I don't know, when you consider the flood of immigrants coming from Mexico, Central and South America that land in California and few of them have been vaccinated against anything I think a parent would be foolish not to immunize their kid against a disease.
Of course making it law will upset people just like Obama care did. No one likes to be told what to do.
Topic: Vaccinations

Mission: To twist the topic instead towards immigration and ObamaCare

Quote:
Does anyone take Jim Carrey seriously? He seems like he is "out there".
Why would you take him seriously if he didn't seem "out there"? Because he's a high profile actor?

See, the reason to dismiss Carey's ravings on a medical issue is not that he seems "out there" to you but that he's just an actor with no medical qualifications whatsoever.

Old 07-01-2015, 10:12 AM

3,398 posts, read 6,079,830 times
I didn't know Carrey was a doctor or a scientist.

Just another actor past his prime trying to remain relevant.

Old 07-01-2015, 10:16 AM

1,170 posts, read 1,023,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Maybe this needs to be taken up in FEDERAL Court, instead of losing in the STATE Legislature.

https://www.aclu.org/your-right-equality-education

Where does it say Right to Equality in Education EXCEPT IF? Except if you are an illegal child? Except if you are an unvaccinated child?

As a Civil Rights issue, this could be sued in Federal Court. Individual or Class Action suit against the State of California, which would be heard in Federal Court. Unequal treatment under the law.

Best people to sue would be parents of children in Head Start since that is a Federal Program, and Federal monies are given to the states for that program, which pay part of the wages for staff in HS.

Suzy, don't quote me Jacobson. There is no PANDEMIC of any disease in the US, for them to impose Martial Law. Even when a Flu Pandemic was declared in 2009, the Feds did not use that law. THINK ABOUT THAT, Suzy. It would have been political suicide to force a flu shot on all citizens, not to mention a whole of, perhaps, armed resistance if the health police came knocking on people's doors.

Be a Good Sport? Hell, no, when it comes to your own body, and your children's, that is THE most important thing YOU own. Since my children are adults, and I am retired from Education, this doesn't apply to my particular situation, YET. However, I on the basis of ANY mandatory medical treatment, I will try to do my part. I most definitely will not be a "good sport" as an adult WHEN, not if, they come after me. Take your Tdap, Hep. B. Flu, Shingles, etc, and stick it where your sun doesn't shine.

You underestimate public on this.
You think the politicians didn't consider "the public"? Their job is to represent the interests of the vast majority of people who believe in science, who want their children safe and healthy and who are willing to do their part (vaccination) for both their children and the public good.

If parents don't choose to vaccinate, they can choose to homeschool.

This has nothing to do with adults, you know that. You can save the angst for another day instead of trying to confuse the issue of childhood vaccines.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 07-01-2015 at 01:34 PM.. Reason: Fixed formatting
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events