Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2015, 08:16 PM

1,170 posts, read 1,023,035 times

Advertisements

Millions of vaccines, exponential drop in preventable diseases, less than one in a million severe adverse reactions to those vaccines. How about vaccines work because, in real life, real people they work?

Oh, and over a thousand peer reviewed studies.

Old 07-16-2015, 08:30 PM

3,515 posts, read 3,685,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
It just got my attention because I am currently reading Laurie Garrett's "I Heard the Sirens Scream", a book about what happened in New York during and after 9/11 and what happened during the anthrax scare. By sheer coincidence, I am just at the part where the media is reporting the cases of anthrax and people are making a run on Cipro. Know what was really interesting about that anthrax scare and Cipro? It turns out the anthrax could have been treated with generic penicillin or doxycycline, which were cheaper and had fewer side effects.

Cipro is pretty standard as a treatment, when I deployed to Iraq, along with a NAAK kit,I was given a Costco-sized bag of Cipro.....it came in beautifully when we all came down with cholera.

Old 07-16-2015, 08:42 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,524,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juram View Post
Cipro is pretty standard as a treatment, when I deployed to Iraq, along with a NAAK kit,I was given a Costco-sized bag of Cipro.....it came in beautifully when we all came down with cholera.
Cholera can be treated with fluids and nutrition. There is also a vaccine for it... did you not get the vaccine?

Old 07-16-2015, 08:51 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,359,835 times
The cholera vaccine is not routinely administered to military personnel. It is administered only to those being deployed or traveling to countries that require it as a condition for entry or upon direction of the Surgeon General. Cipro is a somewhat effective treatment for cholera, although azithromycin is more effective.

Old 07-16-2015, 10:09 PM

1,316 posts, read 747,466 times
Wait. I missed something. Now, exactly who is trying to find ways to slip toxins into my brain? And to what purpose?

Last edited by leebeemi; 07-16-2015 at 10:20 PM..

Old 07-16-2015, 10:11 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,651,739 times
Love the simpler times and the antique car image...

My first car and one I still own today is a Model A Ford... bought it at age 13 with money I earned... some of us are just throwbacks... doesn't make our voices any less important.

Old 07-16-2015, 10:18 PM

1,316 posts, read 747,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Cholera can be treated with fluids and nutrition. There is also a vaccine for it... did you not get the vaccine?
Are you seriously suggesting deployed troops should treat cholera solely with hydration and nutrition? Really? You don't see any sort of issue there?

Sort of like the speculation of the Battle of Agincourt...

Old 07-16-2015, 10:22 PM

3,515 posts, read 3,685,376 times
Quote:

Yeah, fluids and nutrition, living in a tent in the middle of the desert when its 110+ degrees, receiving 3 1.5 L bottles of hot drinking water per day and eating MRE's.......gee why didn't we think of that.

Old 07-16-2015, 10:46 PM

37,105 posts, read 41,238,832 times
Quote:
You obviously missed the point of the post. Vaccines ingredients cross from blood to brain. The brain is protected by the body for a reason. Garlic cures strep because allicin (a chemical in garlic) kills strep.

Strep cannot enter the brain but it can inflame the lining of the brain.

Think about the ingredients of a vaccine surrounded by polysorbate entering the brain. This happens. They are using polysorbate to mask things and sneak them into the brain.
Quote:
I cited a non-vaccine related source where polysorbate 80 is used as a vector to "sneak" other things into the brain.

I think you are trying to refute the UN-refutable.
The study you quoted was about using polysorbate coated nanoparticles. The goal is to get medication inside the nanoparticles into the brain. Why would anyone use polysorbate in that fashion if it were dangerous?

Strept can indeed enter the brain:

Brain Abscess Caused by Streptococcus pyogenes in a Previously Healthy Child

Quote:
Yeah, fluids and nutrition, living in a tent in the middle of the desert when its 110+ degrees, receiving 3 1.5 L bottles of hot drinking water per day and eating MRE's.......gee why didn't we think of that.
Thanks for your service!

Old 07-17-2015, 08:29 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,599,276 times
Quote:
Debunked because someone with no background in the field, no history of research of any kind, took a few statements out of context says so. I think the CDC, the WHO and most of the medical field with disagree with his assessments.

Sounds legit, at least he is consistently opposed to science though, opposed to global warming, opposed to vaccination, the sort of individual that likes to fancy themselves an expert on everything.

I noticed that he also referenced Tetyana Obukhanych, the anti-vax "go-to-gal" as an appeal to authority, someone who is supposedly an immunologist but struggles with an even basic definition of her own profession. Considering she seems to struggle with even the basic concepts of vaccination, for someone who is supposedly so educated, its a shock to see her confuse concepts that your standard student taking his first immunology course understands halfway through the semester.

These particular comments reveal just another fringe loon mindset. Ignore the people who died, the people who suffered lifelong disabilities......things were so much better back then.

LOL at Global Research.

Consistent with your bogus claims on Vitamin C and faulty "studies", you use a site that is a clearinghouse for some of the most vile conspiracy theories as a source. I'm only shocked that they didn't find a way to blame the Jews somehow.

In China the big problem is that as their economy has grown, they've brought in foreign workers, typically from the Philippines, because these foreign workers are often not vaccinated or substantially less vaccinated than the native population, measles has found a foothold there.

They've now instituted hefty new penalties for foreign workers who are not vaccinated or use fake verification of immunization that go into effect later this year. There's also a substantial population of illegal workers coming in from various Southeast Asian nations where immunization rates are relatively low.
You know the CDC isn't even highly respected by the FDA. They are at odds on more than one occasion. They work in conjunction with drug manufactures and part of their job seems to be promoting medicines these companies make as of late.
Why The CDC And FDA Are Telling You Two Different Things About Flu Drugs | FiveThirtyEight
Head of the CDC Under Fire Video - ABC News
They make risky errors that are high profile mistakes. They admit some scientist are too comfortable with dangerous organisms. Yet they are so revered by you as the go to for recommendation on safe vaccines.

The director of poison control is astounded. It's not like they work at Walmart and are handling baby diapers.

They were under fire for the Ebola outbreak as well.
Ebola: Five ways the CDC got it wrong - CNN.com

Investigation reveals CDC scientists kept quiet about lethal mistake - AOL.com

CDC officials are calling the incident the most worrisome in a series of lab safety problems at the agency. They can't even take care of themselves.

Written by scientists at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, including the center's director, Dr. Julie Gerberding, the study was cited prominently in the March 2004 kickoff of a government anti-obesity campaign. But even before it was published, the report was criticized as methodologically shoddy by some scientists at the CDC and other researchers.
Study Overstated Obesity Deaths, Its Authors Say - latimes

Why would anyone just listen to the CDC? They aren't that credible to a lot of people. Their rep isn't exactly solid. I can see why people explore other possibilities. That makes more sense to me than having the CDC as your "go-to-gal" . Time and time again people are told ultimately your health is in your own hands, well, people listen. They research. They find what works for them.

You cut down everything that doesn't have CDC pasted to it's butt. Why would I even consider your argument. They have a pretty shoddy record lately. They've been in the news more than once for their mistakes and their unprofessional scientists who put others at risk. Aren't you worried about looking foolish quoting the CDC? Every news show in our country has been talking about their dangerous mistakes for this and that lately. They look like buffoons.

In March researchers at the U.S. Department of Agriculture received a shipment of what they thought was a relatively harmless strain of animal flu from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. It was, in fact, highly pathogenic H5N1 flu virus. Months later the researchers only began to suspect something was amiss when their experiments yielded results that they didn’t expect and couldn’t explain. The CDC, it turns out, had sent the deadly samples inadvertently.
CDC Botched Handling of Deadly Flu Virus - Scientific American
Really? Did they just step off the campus steps and into the CDC?

I wouldn't be proud to tote the CDC as my backup yet you do, and cut others down in the process. It doesn't make you look any better in my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events