Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2015, 05:58 PM

5,886 posts, read 3,245,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
No unarmed black men who haven't paid their child support. Nice lame excuse for police murderers though.
And who resisted arrest, assaulted a police officer, etc.

Not one of these dead guys has been innocently just minding their own business. All of the deaths occurred pursuant to a criminal act.

Now that being said, shooting fleeing unarmed people might be unreasonable....but it also might not. It depends on a lot of things - and one of those things is that the reasonableness of any police action is basically something that exists in the mind of an individual - and will be adjudicated in the mind of an individual (acting in concert with some other individuals, but all independently evaluating the reasonableness in their own mind).

What these incidents are however, is an excuse for troublemakers to cause trouble.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2015, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnTrips View Post
Speaking of well organized agitators --- where's our nation's pre-eminent civil rights leader Al Sharpton? I thought he'd be on all the networks by now.
Oh you know Al...busy shaking down corporations for money whilst evading his taxes. No profit in going on TV unless it leads to some dollars in his pocket.

Old 04-29-2015, 06:12 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,647,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
Same here. If the cops and the NG can't protect us, we'll do it ourselves. I have no doubt that the leadership who told the cops to Stand Down during that riot, would give the same cops the order to shoot us for defending our homes and businesses against the rioters. Nice, huh?

Nope, it isn't a race war that our government should be fearing. It is us, people of all colors who are fed up with government's PC sickness.
Great post. Now I know why american colonists created the minuteman program.

Old 04-29-2015, 06:25 PM

67,650 posts, read 61,376,338 times
Quote:
No unarmed black men who haven't paid their child support. Nice lame excuse for police murderers though.
That was one case - and a horrible case. The cop was IMMEDIATELY charged with murder and the city of Charleston saw no riots and no race war in spite of being nearly 40 percent "minority" in demographics (29 percent African American).

That man did not in any way, shape or form deserve to be gunned down or die that day - regardless of his color. Should he have run from the police? Heck no. And if he hadn't, he'd probably be alive today. But that's still no excuse for what the cop did - it just fleshes out the whole scenario.

Old 04-29-2015, 06:26 PM

67,650 posts, read 61,376,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini-apple-less View Post
I dunno. I hate crooked cops, but I hate gangsters and thugs too, so I don't really have much sympathy either way. I'd rather people just get along, but if they're gonna fight, I'm not gonna cry too much either. I just feel bad for innocent people mowed down by corrupt cops and thugs.
I second this.

Old 04-29-2015, 06:33 PM

8,114 posts, read 6,801,298 times
Quote:
Since the police in this country absolutely refuse to change their ways and stop murdering unarmed black men, I would say this is probably the future of America. Expect non-stop police brutality and civil unrest in all major cities, indefinitely. It's been going on for 25 years now. It's probably not going to stop soon. It's seems American police would rather escalate it, then reform themselves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Let me change this for you . Unarmed criminals with rap sheets a mile long. There now you got it right.
Please let me tweek that just a little more. Unarmed criminals with rap sheets a mile long. Who fight, run, and otherwise refuse to just turn around and agree to be handcuffed. There now you got it right.[/quote]

Old 04-29-2015, 06:38 PM

19,718 posts, read 16,935,146 times
All I know is that I am converting some of my liquid assets into more guns and ammo. I see dark days coming for this country, and I am not even a survivalist. But I pity the fool who tries to loot my home .

Don

Old 04-29-2015, 06:43 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,797,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post

How do "we" as citizens of these cities stop this violence?
Not much ordinary citizens can do to stop violence when the elite media is actualy encouraging it. This from the NYT comlumnist Ta-Nehisi Coates writing in the Atlantic:

Quote:
When nonviolence is preached as an attempt to evade the repercussions of
political brutality, it betrays itself. When nonviolence begins halfway through
the war with the aggressor calling time out, it exposes itself as a ruse. When
nonviolence is preached by the representatives of the state, while the state
doles out heaps of violence to its citizens, it reveals itself to be a con. And
none of this can mean that rioting or violence is "correct" or "wise," any more
than a forest fire can be "correct" or "wise." Wisdom isn't the point tonight.
Disrespect is. In this case, disrespect for the hollow law and failed order that
so regularly disrespects the community.
You dis me, I'm gonna be violent. That's just how it is.

As Riots Follow Freddie Gray's Death in Baltimore, Calls for Calm Ring Hollow - The Atlantic

Old 04-29-2015, 06:54 PM

8,114 posts, read 6,801,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
All I know is that I am converting some of my liquid assets into more guns and ammo. I see dark days coming for this country, and I am not even a survivalist. But I pity the fool who tries to loot my home .

Don
Yea Don, I agree. I have 2 Glock 9s and a S&W 38. I feel the need for a long arm.

Old 04-29-2015, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Not much ordinary citizens can do to stop violence when the elite media is actualy encouraging it. This from the NYT comlumnist Ta-Nehisi Coates writing in the Atlantic:

You dis me, I'm gonna be violent. That's just how it is.

As Riots Follow Freddie Gray's Death in Baltimore, Calls for Calm Ring Hollow - The Atlantic
Yah..he's a typical thug. Despite the fact he commits his thuggery on an intellectual (being generous with that label) level, he's got the thug mentality.

Ta-Nehisi Coates is a good example of what you get when you take one of the more intelligent blacks and indoctrinate them in leftist and commie ideology (his father was a Black Panther) through childhood and then send them to Commie Finishing School at a segregated university (Howard).

Basically unadulterated fascist nonsense and racial antagonism.

A good response to pretty much anything he has ever said would be...."You would know better, if you'd ever had a real job."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events