Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2015, 11:24 PM

4,901 posts, read 8,776,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpme View Post
I do not believe this could ever happen where I live, every shop owner would have friends volunteer for armed security, and the only looters would be dead looters
LOL...my son and I were just discussing this today, and he was saying the same thing about the shop owners and their friends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2015, 11:38 PM

3,007 posts, read 6,298,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
First Ferguson,then Baltimore, who's next?

So, it seems Ferguson just can't stop the violence. More looting, shooting and fires last night. Protests in Oakland,Chicago with more promised this week/weekend.
In Oakland they're going to shut down the Port Of Oakland and disrupt the city on Friday, I'd expect if this follows the "usual" it will turn violent.

So, have the race wars truly started or is this just a temporary situation?

Sad,sad,sad.

How do "we" as citizens of these cities stop this violence? Not the protests, I've got nothing against peaceful protesting but this looting,burning,shooting etc HAS TO STOP.

"FERGUSON, Mo. – Gunshots, fires and looting rocked Ferguson overnight, as protests erupted following the death of a black man in police custody in Baltimore.

St. Louis-area media said two people were shot in separate incidents near the protest site late Tuesday."

2 people shot near protests in Ferguson related to death of man in Baltimore police custody | Fox News
these areas all share despair, lack of economic opportunity, long histories of Jim Crow & black codes, tremendous institutional decay, public, community and family, an awful lack of leadership, and an inability to stand-up to thugs while supporting race-blind opportunity.

S.

Old 04-29-2015, 11:42 PM

1,188 posts, read 1,468,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandpointian View Post
these areas all share despair, lack of economic opportunity, long histories of Jim Crow & black codes, tremendous institutional decay, public, community and family, an awful lack of leadership, and an inability to stand-up to thugs while supporting race-blind opportunity.

S.
They also share incredibly violent and corrupt police forces who routinely abused the local african american communities.

Freddie Gray Is Only the Latest Apparent Victim of Baltimore Police Violence - The Atlantic

Department of Justice Ferguson Report Revealed - The Atlantic

Old 04-30-2015, 12:06 AM

23,270 posts, read 29,128,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpme View Post
The answer to all these problems lies in the hands of the black community, we have provided education for generations of them, yet most do not avail themselves to the opportunity. Seriously, this is 2015 and most of them are completely incapable of simple mathematics, and they speak nothing but ghetto slang, yet wonder why they cannot get a job.
LoL! And there's young white college graduates, living with Mommy/Daddy, can add 2 + 2 and get 4, slang-free, mind-boggling student loans to pay, and they still can't find a job! Or, a minimum wage job as a store clerk or at a fast food restaurant!

Old 04-30-2015, 12:22 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,451,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
First Ferguson,then Baltimore, who's next?

So, it seems Ferguson just can't stop the violence. More looting, shooting and fires last night. Protests in Oakland,Chicago with more promised this week/weekend.
In Oakland they're going to shut down the Port Of Oakland and disrupt the city on Friday, I'd expect if this follows the "usual" it will turn violent.

So, have the race wars truly started or is this just a temporary situation?

Sad,sad,sad.

How do "we" as citizens of these cities stop this violence? Not the protests, I've got nothing against peaceful protesting but this looting,burning,shooting etc HAS TO STOP.

"FERGUSON, Mo. – Gunshots, fires and looting rocked Ferguson overnight, as protests erupted following the death of a black man in police custody in Baltimore.

St. Louis-area media said two people were shot in separate incidents near the protest site late Tuesday."

2 people shot near protests in Ferguson related to death of man in Baltimore police custody | Fox News
Let them burn, loot, destroy their own neighborhoods and kill each other.

All of this is the logical outcome of liberal Democrats and leftists running major American cities like Detroit, Oakland, LA, Baltimore, etc., for decades.

Just stay out of it.

The cops themselves should also stay out of it.

They get no support from the democrook politicians who run those cities.

Vote Republican if you don't want this in your own neck of the woods.

Old 04-30-2015, 12:26 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,714,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjasse View Post
You'll be dead though, so the collective IQ of the world will be a tiny bit higher.
Commentary such as this proves that it's going in the wrong direction.

Old 04-30-2015, 12:49 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,451,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
When I was young, thirty years ago, I was optimistic. I thought as the old racism of the past faded, blacks would step up and engage in self improvement. I had a much more kumbaya attitude.
Now, I am in my fifties, and it hasn't happened. America is a much less racist place than it used to be, yet these people simply refuse to improve themselves. One spark and there they are off to loot and destroy and blame everyone else for their behavior. And, as in the past, there are their insidious white liberal enablers encouraging them from the sidelines. I've sort of given up. They are just a hopeless bunch and 50 years from now it won't be any different , I'm afraid.
You're right.

They are permanent residents of Don'tgetitville.

Old 04-30-2015, 05:37 AM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,185,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
When I was young, thirty years ago, I was optimistic. I thought as the old racism of the past faded, blacks would step up and engage in self improvement. I had a much more kumbaya attitude.
Now, I am in my fifties, and it hasn't happened. America is a much less racist place than it used to be, yet these people simply refuse to improve themselves. One spark and there they are off to loot and destroy and blame everyone else for their behavior. And, as in the past, there are their insidious white liberal enablers encouraging them from the sidelines. I've sort of given up. They are just a hopeless bunch and 50 years from now it won't be any different , I'm afraid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjasse View Post
You'll be dead though, so the collective IQ of the world will be a tiny bit higher.
Exactly the same in my life, kanhawk, though I'm still liberal on issues other than this and Islamic radicalism.

I started understanding why it might never change much after reading The Bell Curve way back in '94.

Old 04-30-2015, 05:49 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,140,992 times
We cannot solve these issues as a country until we SEEK FIRST TO UNDERSTAND. Sure, we can throw money and tear gas and the kitchen sink at the problems of inner city civil unrest or "ghetto life" but none of that will get to the heart of the matter.

Brute force isn't the answer any more than rioting is. Both are SYMPTOMS of a larger problem.

All lives matter.

Old 04-30-2015, 05:52 AM

36,753 posts, read 14,866,486 times
What a surprise.

And it appears that police are under urders to "stand down," as in Baltimore. In fact, the liberal mayor of Baltimore ordered the cops to stand around and scratch their arses while businesses and private property were being vandalized. She also put the kibosh on "inflammatory" riot gear, which resulted in multiple injuries to police. But who cares about them.

Memo to that mayor: Read Atlas Shrugged if you haven't already because you're in it.

Oh, and Obama's smiling because it looks like taxpayers will be, ahem..."investing" ($$$$$) in cities across the country after all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events