Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2015, 01:02 PM

6,804 posts, read 4,514,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
It could happen in Cleveland, in which I'm in the proximity, but still over a half hour away. But in my neighborhood. Nope! A) the cops in my town are pricks, and B) in my particular neighborhood my immediate neighbors aren't going to put up with that type of riff raff. Myself included.
Same here. If the cops and the NG can't protect us, we'll do it ourselves. I have no doubt that the leadership who told the cops to Stand Down during that riot, would give the same cops the order to shoot us for defending our homes and businesses against the rioters. Nice, huh?

Nope, it isn't a race war that our government should be fearing. It is us, people of all colors who are fed up with government's PC sickness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2015, 01:06 PM

542 posts, read 1,689,066 times
There's a demonstration planned in NYC tonight at Union Square. Let's hope things don't get violent.

Old 04-29-2015, 01:14 PM

2,079 posts, read 3,219,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjasse View Post
It's pretty clear what us good christian white american citizens have to do.

Our armed minutemen who have been successfully patrolling our borders keeping illegals at bay and defending clive bundy from paying his cattle ranging bills, need to take their talents, arms, advanced training, keen strategic minds and superior levels of physical fitness to patrol these african american communities and show them what real American Freedom is all about.
sean Hannity, is that you?

Old 04-29-2015, 01:15 PM

2,683 posts, read 2,192,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
One thing happens when you work for one network is that the other networks ignore you as a source. Over at FOX he becomes someone to counter broadcast against.
I don't expect FOX to do a feature interview with the Sharpster, but I'd think, being the President's "go-to civil rights leader" (as I have heard him described in the media), that he'd have made it his business to be more visible than he has been so far. Surely some tv network would have been willing to put him on for a short plea for peace.

I understand he is planning a march on Washington D.C. -- several days from now. About the only thing that is going to accomplish is to bring the danger of violence from Baltimore 50 miles south to the capital. That's actually pretty brave of Al S., since the IRS is in the same town and he owes them money.

Old 04-29-2015, 01:30 PM

822 posts, read 1,289,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
First Ferguson,then Baltimore, who's next?

So, it seems Ferguson just can't stop the violence. More looting, shooting and fires last night. Protests in Oakland,Chicago with more promised this week/weekend.
In Oakland they're going to shut down the Port Of Oakland and disrupt the city on Friday, I'd expect if this follows the "usual" it will turn violent.

So, have the race wars truly started or is this just a temporary situation?

Sad,sad,sad.

How do "we" as citizens of these cities stop this violence? Not the protests, I've got nothing against peaceful protesting but this looting,burning,shooting etc HAS TO STOP.

"FERGUSON, Mo. – Gunshots, fires and looting rocked Ferguson overnight, as protests erupted following the death of a black man in police custody in Baltimore.

St. Louis-area media said two people were shot in separate incidents near the protest site late Tuesday."

2 people shot near protests in Ferguson related to death of man in Baltimore police custody | Fox News
In the past the KKK and others randomly lynched Blacks and torched there homes. I think their goal is to make "whitey" feel it.People like Sharpton just add fuel to the fire instead of doing something positive IMO.

Old 04-29-2015, 01:32 PM

13,495 posts, read 18,269,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
...How do "we" as citizens of these cities stop this violence? Not the protests, I've got nothing against peaceful protesting but this looting,burning,shooting etc HAS TO STOP....
The "has to stop" line is real tired on this score.

We've had a national history of endless opportunities to practice how to stop it, but obviously we haven't gotten the hang of it (so to speak.) Racial rioting is probably the longest running show in U.S. history.

Take a look:

Mass racial violence in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 04-29-2015, 01:33 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,219,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
No unarmed black men who haven't paid their child support. Nice lame excuse for police murderers though.
Right pick the 1 person out of 100 to build your story...good try. They ALL have rap records because they are all CRIMINALS who don't obey the law.

And another thing..why this overwhelming urge to protect criminals who put other people in danger? Is it JUST skin color. It seems to me you wouldn't be within 10 miles of these threads if the "poor victims" of police brutality were white. But whatever...

Old 04-29-2015, 01:39 PM

3,748 posts, read 4,990,968 times
I dunno. I hate crooked cops, but I hate gangsters and thugs too, so I don't really have much sympathy either way. I'd rather people just get along, but if they're gonna fight, I'm not gonna cry too much either. I just feel bad for innocent people mowed down by corrupt cops and thugs.

Old 04-29-2015, 01:39 PM

1,371 posts, read 1,944,729 times
I do not believe this could ever happen where I live, every shop owner would have friends volunteer for armed security, and the only looters would be dead looters

Protesting is fine, but when you start looting and burning hard working Americans homes and businesses, you deserve to be shot

Old 04-29-2015, 01:43 PM

5,109 posts, read 2,334,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
Since the police in this country absolutely refuse to change their ways and stop murdering unarmed black men, I would say this is probably the future of America. Expect non-stop police brutality and civil unrest in all major cities, indefinitely. It's been going on for 25 years now. It's probably not going to stop soon. It's seems American police would rather escalate it, then reform themselves.
I'm sure that you know much about the hood, living on....the Oregon coast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events