Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2015, 08:39 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,197,890 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
First Ferguson,then Baltimore, who's next?

So, it seems Ferguson just can't stop the violence. More looting, shooting and fires last night. Protests in Oakland,Chicago with more promised this week/weekend.
In Oakland they're going to shut down the Port Of Oakland and disrupt the city on Friday, I'd expect if this follows the "usual" it will turn violent.

So, have the race wars truly started or is this just a temporary situation?

Sad,sad,sad.

How do "we" as citizens of these cities stop this violence? Not the protests, I've got nothing against peaceful protesting but this looting,burning,shooting etc HAS TO STOP.

"FERGUSON, Mo. – Gunshots, fires and looting rocked Ferguson overnight, as protests erupted following the death of a black man in police custody in Baltimore.

St. Louis-area media said two people were shot in separate incidents near the protest site late Tuesday."

2 people shot near protests in Ferguson related to death of man in Baltimore police custody | Fox News
How can you tell this is rioting, vs just being another day in the hood? It seems to me that looting, burning, shooting etc are simply what young black ghetto residents do, especially when drug sales are slow so that they have too much time on their hands.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2015, 08:48 PM

34,172 posts, read 17,253,519 times
Californian34
it's more important to take note of the places where riots are not happening. in south Carolina, after Walter Scott was shot in the back, there were no riots, because Ofc Slager was swiftly arrested and charged. Maybe Baltimore pd should look into that."

In fairness, unlike SC, there is no videotape of an execution here. I would have expected a lengthier investigation here.

Old 04-29-2015, 08:50 PM

23,326 posts, read 29,196,775 times
Summed up, let's call it long, overdue payments for the sins of our fathers!

Rock on!!!

Old 04-29-2015, 09:00 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,791,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Summed up, let's call it long, overdue payments for the sins of our fathers!

Rock on!!!
The only payment they'll get is the privilege of living post-riot neighborhoods that are even trashier and more crime infested than before.

Old 04-29-2015, 09:47 PM

48,502 posts, read 97,059,892 times
So they would like you to believe but its really narrowly confined .I'd say the 60's roiots made this look like a dog and pony show; really.in time their criminal behavior will mean a crack down just like then.

Old 04-29-2015, 09:50 PM

1,371 posts, read 1,942,242 times
The answer to all these problems lies in the hands of the black community, we have provided education for generations of them, yet most do not avail themselves to the opportunity. Seriously, this is 2015 and most of them are completely incapable of simple mathematics, and they speak nothing but ghetto slang, yet wonder why they cannot get a job.

Old 04-29-2015, 10:26 PM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,993,330 times
Quote:
In Oakland they're going to shut down the Port Of Oakland and disrupt the city on Friday,....
Stupid, intellectually deficient Occupy Oaklanders. They never had an expressed raison d'être four years ago. Then during the sit ins, one of them came across news that there was unrelated--and older--West Coast port union strife happening simultaneous to their Vancouver-based, embarrassingly-banal hipster magazine inspired folly. The nearest port was always at the end of their marching haunts on Broadway, so a low wattage light bulb went on over their pointy little heads.

Now every time someone sneezes, Occupy Oakland wants to attempt to shut down the port at the end of the street.

Last edited by mm4; 04-29-2015 at 10:35 PM..

Old 04-29-2015, 10:50 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,528,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
So you want every officer who is in a situation like this arrested and charged without due process...oh I see.
every case where it is blatantly obvious that the cops killed someone wrongfully , yes, i want them arrested and charged. that is not denying them their due process btw. they will get their day in court

Last edited by Californian34; 04-29-2015 at 10:58 PM..

Old 04-29-2015, 10:57 PM

4,794 posts, read 12,406,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpme View Post
The answer to all these problems lies in the hands of the black community, we have provided education for generations of them, yet most do not avail themselves to the opportunity. Seriously, this is 2015 and most of them are completely incapable of simple mathematics, and they speak nothing but ghetto slang, yet wonder why they cannot get a job.
When I was young, thirty years ago, I was optimistic. I thought as the old racism of the past faded, blacks would step up and engage in self improvement. I had a much more kumbaya attitude.
Now, I am in my fifties, and it hasn't happened. America is a much less racist place than it used to be, yet these people simply refuse to improve themselves. One spark and there they are off to loot and destroy and blame everyone else for their behavior. And, as in the past, there are their insidious white liberal enablers encouraging them from the sidelines. I've sort of given up. They are just a hopeless bunch and 50 years from now it won't be any different , I'm afraid.

Old 04-29-2015, 11:07 PM

28,712 posts, read 18,920,433 times
Quote:
First Ferguson,then Baltimore, who's next?

So, it seems Ferguson just can't stop the violence. More looting, shooting and fires last night. Protests in Oakland,Chicago with more promised this week/weekend.
In Oakland they're going to shut down the Port Of Oakland and disrupt the city on Friday, I'd expect if this follows the "usual" it will turn violent.

So, have the race wars truly started or is this just a temporary situation?

Sad,sad,sad.

How do "we" as citizens of these cities stop this violence? Not the protests, I've got nothing against peaceful protesting but this looting,burning,shooting etc HAS TO STOP.

"FERGUSON, Mo. – Gunshots, fires and looting rocked Ferguson overnight, as protests erupted following the death of a black man in police custody in Baltimore.

St. Louis-area media said two people were shot in separate incidents near the protest site late Tuesday."

2 people shot near protests in Ferguson related to death of man in Baltimore police custody | Fox News
How many blacks have been killed by police over the last year and how many riots have there been?

Notice there were no riots for Tamir Rice, one of the most egregious shootings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events