Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2015, 04:52 PM

16,550 posts, read 8,589,183 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amythyst View Post
BBM

Then I guess you didn't hear her tell her son, you were raised better than this.

Just saying.
Clearly he was NOT raised better, otherwise he would not have been looking to be involved. Furthermore, she in her own words made it abundantly clear she was concerned he would be another "victim" of a police interaction. Don't commit crime and/or run from the police, and you wont wind up potentially being a so called victim!

Bottom line is I give her credit for getting out there and looking to put a whooping on him to get him home. However I'd like to think someone in that situation was doing it for the right reasons, not believing in the false narrative created by the media and race merchants.

`
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2015, 05:00 PM

1,077 posts, read 871,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Clearly he was NOT raised better, otherwise he would not have been looking to be involved. Furthermore, she in her own words made it abundantly clear she was concerned he would be another "victim" of a police interaction. Don't commit crime and/or run from the police, and you wont wind up potentially being a so called victim!

Bottom line is I give her credit for getting out there and looking to put a whooping on him to get him home. However I'd like to think someone in that situation was doing it for the right reasons, not believing in the false narrative created by the media and race merchants.

`
BBM

His entire HS participated, maybe he wasn't strong enough to not participate and stand up against peer pressure.

This mother might have raised her son better than how he behaved the day of the destruction, you know nothing about her.

Mother is not with her son 24/7.

Since she is black, to her that's real. She doesn't want her son to wind up dead.

The false narrative you speak of is real to POC. They feel it every day.

Old 05-04-2015, 07:44 PM

2,365 posts, read 2,147,009 times
No child, mother, or person is perfect, no matter how they are raised. Many fathers are non-existant, leaving Mom to do it all, including teaching young men how to be good men.

I hope she does get Mother of the Year. She has shown the most glaring example of a Mother caring for her child that I have seen in a very long time. She showed the world that she cared about her son's life and future - which are things he might no longer have if he continued to participate in the now 'trendy' event of pillaging and looting as a form of protest.

How many other young men/women had parents that bothered to do the same for their child?

I hope her children appreciate her. You can hear in their voices that they respect her. Toya Williams is obviously a rare gem of a mother these days.

If she wasnt, we would have meaningful peaceful protests rather than an excuse to destroy and commit other crimes - and all in the name of justice, no less. How pathetic is that?!?

Toya deserves the title, along with the love and respect of her children, and the public in general. She is a leader amongst Moms, imho.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events