Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2015, 12:35 PM

1,077 posts, read 872,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabber_wocky View Post
She isn't the "Mom of the Year", she did the right thing by discouraging her son from contuing participation in the riots, by beating his butt. In my opinion, some of those other parents should have done the same.

I am sadddened to hear about her not working and having all those kids though. But, her work/marital status isn't what gained her attention. It was what she did for her son.

I have seen too many women having way more children than they can afford, living on the system. I always held myself to a higher standard, because I was not interested in being a single mom.

But this woman was an assistant manager until her lay off last week.

I don't think she gets any govt assistance other than possibly food stamps and her UE benefits.

A strong, independent woman, doesn't need a man to be in her life, only her children's lives.

I was one for a long time, never took welfare or food stamps, I worked my butt off to provide for my three children.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2015, 12:36 PM

430 posts, read 835,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Yes its a problem. If you have a workable solution I'm sure we would all love to hear it.
I said it earlier: just stop paying out more $ per extra child. If they can't afford to have as many children as they have, each new and additional child goes into the orphanage unless she can prove she has the cash flow to raise more children on her own.

Enforce child support with stricter penalties, and the money from child support goes to the orphanages and not the six-baby stay-at-home single mothers.

People would be popping out fewer "welfare babies" real quick.

Old 04-30-2015, 12:38 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
... This woman didn't ask to be on camera. ....
But she is gladly making the rounds on the talk show circuit now.

Old 04-30-2015, 12:38 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,838,702 times
If its the mother that went to the aid of police to stop her son from assaulting police with rocks; then she was legally within the right and certainly a caring mother :IMO. Citizens always have the right to come to the aid of police being attacked like then. I think few realize the risk she took of her own safety among rioting crowd. That is true love of your child.

Old 04-30-2015, 12:39 PM

9,822 posts, read 11,544,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blimp View Post
Culturally, trailer park trash doesn't tend to have 6 kids to every 1 mother in order to collect more food stamps, so they'd be OK.

Also, trailer parks are very sparsely populated and they are spread out across the outskirts of cities. They're not the ultra-concentrated dens of poverty (and 7 people to a room) that inner city projects are in places like Baltimore. Kind of hard to get 28 white country bumpkin people, strewn out across half a mile, together to riot.

There's a reason you've never seen it happen before.
You May want to get out to more Trailer Parks.

Old 04-30-2015, 12:41 PM

8,452 posts, read 4,750,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amythyst View Post
But this woman was an assistant manager until her lay off last week.

I don't think she gets any govt assistance other than possibly food stamps and her UE benefits.

A strong, independent woman, doesn't need a man to be in her life, only her children's lives.

I was one for a long time, never took welfare or food stamps, I worked my butt off to provide for my three children.
A strong, independent family needs both a mother and a father in it, full time, for the sake of those children's lives. Having multiple children by multiple absent fathers is not a testament to a woman's strength and independence it is a consequence of her weakness and poor judgment.

Old 04-30-2015, 12:43 PM

5,444 posts, read 6,991,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
But she is gladly making the rounds on the talk show circuit now.
And good for her. I hope each one of those talk shows pay her for her visit too.

Old 04-30-2015, 12:44 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,645,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
A strong, independent family needs both a mother and a father in it, full time, for the sake of those children's lives. Having multiple children by multiple absent fathers is not a testament to a woman's strength and independence it is a consequence of her weakness and poor judgment.
Does anyone know this for a fact about this particular woman, or are you just *racially generalizing* now?

Old 04-30-2015, 12:46 PM

430 posts, read 835,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
You May want to get out to more Trailer Parks.
Yeah? Because white mothers, many of which live in trailer parks, tend to be married in the first place and not single moms.

3/4ths of black mothers are single mothers, while 3/4ths of white mothers are married

All the while, those single stay-at-home black welfare mothers are reproducing at rates far higher than those married white mothers.

Old 04-30-2015, 12:46 PM

1,077 posts, read 872,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post

so say you.

I heard her speak, I saw her grab her son, so we can agree to disagree.

she might have had poor judgment as a teen, for I don't know the ages of her children.

At this point in time, she's dealing with the hand she dealt herself. So, who's she hurting?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events