Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2015, 02:04 AM

5,807 posts, read 5,149,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
Some of the people rioting would not bother to watch a video of Freddie Gray banging his own head, if such a video were available, because it would not fit their expectations of what happened. Some were just determined to riot for show.
Not for show...for loot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2015, 03:12 AM

4,067 posts, read 2,285,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuck's Dad View Post
I have to ask why he was not belted and secured in the van rather than standing in the van?

I suppose significantly more information will come out in the next few days, but even accepting the ME report at face value, there are still a lot of questions that need to be answered (like why wasn't he belted in). However, the cops "murdering" him is an unlikely scenario based on the ME report, but still, he did die in police custody, and that is ALWAYS a bad thing!
That is a good question but this is interesting... I was listening to a phone interview of one of Freddie's friends (who actual sounded reasonable and was trying to mentor him). He said the no seat belt thing has been going on for years! So this wasn't a one time thing. And if it's happening for that long why did the Police Chief not do anything about it?

Old 05-01-2015, 05:03 AM

2,903 posts, read 3,477,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
That is a good question but this is interesting... I was listening to a phone interview of one of Freddie's friends (who actual sounded reasonable and was trying to mentor him). He said the no seat belt thing has been going on for years! So this wasn't a one time thing. And if it's happening for that long why did the Police Chief not do anything about it?
In early April a memo was sent to the Baltimore police force instructing them to use seat belts for arrested people while in police vans. Some cops who talked to the media said, "Duh, you know, I didn't read it." As Churchill said, "Every dog has his day and some days are longer than others. When the US DoJ gets involved, some of these curs-in-blue will be in the slammer. Good luck with your cell-mate, Bubba, guys!

Old 05-01-2015, 05:23 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,956,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J
Good luck getting the masses rioters and white guilter's to believe that even if it's 100% true.
No one knows whats really true!!!!! -- NO ONE WAS IN THE VAN!!!!!

AND BLINDLY BELIEVING THE POLICE IS STUPID!!! (All they do is LIE to suit thier agendas)

Old 05-01-2015, 06:16 AM

4,067 posts, read 2,285,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
No one knows whats really true!!!!! -- NO ONE WAS IN THE VAN!!!!!

AND BLINDLY BELIEVING THE POLICE IS STUPID!!! (All they do is LIE to suit thier agendas)
You do realize there was another criminal van right? Would you believe him over the police?

Old 05-01-2015, 06:39 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,687,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
so we have: the cops beat him up during the arrest, he fell into the van, he threw himself around in the van, he just had spine surgery and it went bad, the van made a stop and he was beat up then. Why so many different stories?
It's called 'throwing spaghetti on the wall to see what sticks'.

Old 05-01-2015, 06:39 AM

625 posts, read 627,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
You do realize there was another criminal van right? Would you believe him over the police?
Uh, no. Don't believe him any more than I'd believe the police.

Old 05-01-2015, 07:24 AM

733 posts, read 859,277 times
He should have been secured. OBVIOUSLY, he was in pain, he was panicked, he was acting out. He was mentally disabled on top of that.

Many, many times the police don't care about someone's state of mind. People KILL THEMSELVES in lockups. They are VULNERABLE and unprotected.

It breaks my d*mned heart!

Old 05-01-2015, 07:33 AM

6,804 posts, read 4,516,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seasick View Post
He should have been secured. OBVIOUSLY, he was in pain, he was panicked, he was acting out. He was mentally disabled on top of that.

Many, many times the police don't care about someone's state of mind. People KILL THEMSELVES in lockups. They are VULNERABLE and unprotected.

It breaks my d*mned heart!
He should have been secured, but are you paying attention to the news reports? The paddy wagon is a poor design. There's no room for officer safety if they climb inside. Most transports are done in vans that have room for the cop to safely strap passengers in. Why is this dangerous paddy wagon still in service? That has to rest on those who refuse to replace it.

We're going to find that there's plenty of room to place blame around. Will it matter to those looters and burners. Nah! They don't care. They just wanna burn and loot. Apparently no one in these mobs has a job to go to.

Old 05-01-2015, 07:37 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,949,530 times
Never let facts get in the way of political agendas, stupidity and mob rule.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events