Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2015, 08:00 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,070,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xircal View Post
I'm sure you don't support the death penalty and if anything you sound like a moderate, but quoting articles from religious sources approving the death penalty for someone renouncing their religion but which you don't criticize gives the impression that you approve of it. That's the point I was trying to make.
I am not aware of quoting from any sources that support the death penalty for simple apostasy. Apostasy not accompanied by a crime that on it's own would be a capital offense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2015, 09:16 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,001,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
I challenge you to find one place where i ever said I support the death penalty for any purpose.
All 4 Sunni madhabs do not consider simple apostasy as sufficient proof to justify the death penalty.

Yes forcing people to follow a religion and not leave it is tantamount to a dictatorship. Yes a few Islamic Nations are essentially dictatorships. Nearly every one of them being in one region of the world and coming into being in the past 10 years.

On a begining level it is happening in the western nations, although not on a legal level there is considerable discouragement to leave Christianity and much anti-Islamic publicity to sway people not to consider Islam.
<Bold> Or a "self proclaimed" religious group called ISIS.
As for western nations becoming religious dictatorships, I don't believe that's the case at all, in fact if anything there's a concerted effort to dissuade people from religion.

As for "anti-islamic publicity" I'd suggest it's publicity well earned and something even a blind person could see coming since they're randomly blowing innocent people up and removing innocent heads from living bodies all in the name of Allah.

Old 05-11-2015, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
<Bold> Or a "self proclaimed" religious group called ISIS.
As for western nations becoming religious dictatorships, I don't believe that's the case at all, in fact if anything there's a concerted effort to dissuade people from religion.

As for "anti-islamic publicity" I'd suggest it's publicity well earned and something even a blind person could see coming since they're randomly blowing innocent people up and removing innocent heads from living bodies all in the name of Allah.

Your post in itself is a good example of the Anti-Islamic mindset that is becoming very strong and common in the USA.

How often do you hear about Muslims in American blowing people up and beheading innocent people.

Muslims in the US are being dehumanized and demonized by people thinking all Muslims are radical fanatics posing a danger.

these are quite hateful and painful words

As for "anti-islamic publicity" I'd suggest it's publicity well earned

the type of thinking that supports the hatred and condemnation of all Muslims, not just the criminals that happen to be Muslim.

Old 05-11-2015, 03:13 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,001,123 times
Quote:
Your post in itself is a good example of the Anti-Islamic mindset that is becoming very strong and common in the USA.

How often do you hear about Muslims in American blowing people up and beheading innocent people.

Muslims in the US are being dehumanized and demonized by people thinking all Muslims are radical fanatics posing a danger.

these are quite hateful and painful words

As for "anti-islamic publicity" I'd suggest it's publicity well earned

the type of thinking that supports the hatred and condemnation of all Muslims, not just the criminals that happen to be Muslim.
Here's the rub, those "criminals" use Allah and proclaim their faith in Islam prior to and after committing the heinous acts they do.

As for "hatred and condemnation of all Muslims" I will say what I've been saying which is "until such a time as all American Muslims that are not radicalized stand up as a whole and denounce these bad actors, deny them safe haven and remove the radical Imam's from the Mosque's perceptions will not change".
Why would it?

I've got no issue with Muslims as a whole but I've got one question for you, how does anyone know who's the good ones vs the ones that will be holding a gun/sword/bomb next?

The last two that tried to commit mass murder in Texas were "good people who spoke about Islam often, and seemingly liked by their neighbors."

Old 05-11-2015, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Here's the rub, those "criminals" use Allah and proclaim their faith in Islam prior to and after committing the heinous acts they do.

As for "hatred and condemnation of all Muslims" I will say what I've been saying which is "until such a time as all American Muslims that are not radicalized stand up as a whole and denounce these bad actors, deny them safe haven and remove the radical Imam's from the Mosque's perceptions will not change".
Why would it?

I've got no issue with Muslims as a whole but I've got one question for you, how does anyone know who's the good ones vs the ones that will be holding a gun/sword/bomb next?

The last two that tried to commit mass murder in Texas were "good people who spoke about Islam often, and seemingly liked by their neighbors."
What they are hollering is Allahu Akbar, which means "Allah is the Greatest" They are not saying Bismillah "In the Name of Allah" it is as if they know actions like that are not in the name of Allah. But rather they are trying to impress Allah sufficiently to be forgiven
Also they want it to be known they are Muslim. It is like they want the world to condemn all Muslims.

They do not seem to me as acting for Allah but rather acting to get more Muslims killed.

A non radical Imam will not preach. An Imam is not to be a preacher or teacher.

In the entire USA there are less than 700 Imams. that includes all flavors of us Ahmadiyya, NOI, Shi'ite, Sunni, Sufi, etc

Each Muslim is an individual. No Muslim or even group represents all Muslims. to look at any Muslim as representing Islam is like Looking at a Jivaro Indian from Brazil as representing all Americans. While the Jivaro is just as American as a New Yorker they have very Little in common with each other. There are just as many if not more differences between 2 people that call them self Muslim.

Old 05-12-2015, 06:08 PM

1,365 posts, read 1,015,427 times
Aloha Snackbar!!!! AI AI AIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII! (EXPLOSIONS!) ---- Signed, Islam

Old 05-12-2015, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangokiwi View Post
Aloha Snackbar!!!! AI AI AIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII! (EXPLOSIONS!) ---- Signed, Islam
I heard him say Aloha,
Must be proof all Hawaiians are terrorists.

Old 05-12-2015, 07:18 PM

1,365 posts, read 1,015,427 times
Quote:
I heard him say Aloha,
Must be proof all Hawaiians are terrorists.
It's just proof that the muzzies are hungry for blood

Old 05-12-2015, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangokiwi View Post
It's just proof that the muzzies are hungry for blood
Actually I consider myself and every one of my friends to be pacifists.

But, we do come in a very wide variety of flavors. It is quite difficult to find any charecteristics we all have in common.

I think for the Most part what people see most often can be attributed to national culture instead of Islam.

Although Muslims from the Mideast are a minority of the world's Muslims they seem to be the most involved in violence.

Having lived in the region I have found that quite a few there are very emotional and that includes people of different religions not just Muslims.

But the biggest factor is because that region has been devastated ever since 1900. there have been no stable governments, the battle for oil has taken a heavy toll along with almost constant bombardment of innocent people, in the name of territorial battles. Poverty, war, displacement of people by shifting national boundaries are not conducive for establishing a peaceful populace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events