Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2015, 04:54 PM

963 posts, read 692,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
When I was a teen we had many parties where the cops would show up. They would chase us, and usually we would get away. If they caught one of us though they would usually tackle the kid pretty hard and bruise him up getting the cuffs on. Then the kid would get in trouble, not the cop. And no, I did not grow up in Uzbekistan.
Yeah but you're not black. Different rules for the little darlings. It's expected.

Old 06-09-2015, 04:59 PM

2,885 posts, read 4,664,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlbenator View Post
Yeah but you're not black. Different rules for the little darlings. It's expected.
of course, because Blacks Have It Made in this country! It's such a pity being White, seeing as how when you're White you earn less, are far less likely to be promoted to high level positions in industry, are thrown in jail at much higher rates, are less likely to get elected to political office...
Oh, wait....

Old 06-09-2015, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by synchronicity View Post
of course, because Blacks Have It Made in this country! It's such a pity being White, seeing as how when you're White you earn less, are far less likely to be promoted to high level positions in industry, are thrown in jail at much higher rates, are less likely to get elected to political office...
Oh, wait....
It's not the white man's fault a large percentage of young blacks lack basic life skills. Their problems are due to the choices they make. But keep them down by feeding their belief that they're VICTIMS while Asians, Indians and everybody else passes them by.

BTW, a large percentage of them HAVE made it in this country - very few by listening to the race rustlers though.

Old 06-09-2015, 05:16 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,365,144 times
Quote:
It's not the white man's fault a large percentage of young blacks lack basic life skills. Their problems are due to the choices they make. But keep them down by feeding their belief that they're VICTIMS while Asians, Indians and everybody else passes them by.

BTW, a large percentage of them HAVE made it in this country - very few by listening to the race rustlers though.
And what does this have to do with the topic at hand? lol.

Old 06-09-2015, 05:17 PM

137 posts, read 256,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Cops get called to parties all the time. Did you grow up in Uzbekistan? I don't see how the logical progression of that is a little girl getting slammed to the sidewalk. I like the "animals" jab, btw. People can't stop likening Black people to animals on this forum. What are your nicknames for other ethnic groups? I'm half Jewish. What names do you have for me?

Right.
I'm just learning how to post quotes, basically this is a response to another poster who said

" age doesn't give you an excuse to act like little animals"

What I don't get is why everyone is stretching so hard to make everything that people do these days racist. what are people supposed to do? Pretty soon you won't be able to call the cops because they will be so neutered and powerless they won't be able to do anything.

People won't be able to speak either without it getting twisted into more racism. I can't see how the above quote saying kids shouldnt act like animals has anything to do with race. If my niece, a four year old is acting like a spoiled brat and throwing a fit in a store, I wouldn't hesitate to say to her mom

" can you tell her to stop acting like an animal"

That's not racist.

Anyways, I do think the main cop, Casebolt, overreacted. Not to the level of having to resign, not after being on the force for so many years. It seems more like a level of two weeks of unpaid training on how to work with kids.

What I saw him do wrong was :
Treat the kids with no respect, by not telling scared kids what was going on, and especially cussing and the way he talked to them.

He should not have thrown the girl to the ground. I don't know what she did, but I think it should have been more how he had some of the other kids sit with their hands behind their backs. Not get her faced pushed into the dirt and thrown around like a ragdoll.

He had no reasons sit on her back. She wasn't resisting that heavily and he already said he was wearing thirty pounds of gear. He could have hurt her with over 200 pounds on her back like that.

He looked like he thought this was a good chance to act like he was on a TV show. McKinney isn't really dangerous, so this was maybe the most excitement he had gotten from a call in months so he seemed to be hamming it up. He looks like he thought he was filming scenes from a movie.

I don't see the racism though. Maybe he was, but there really isn't any evidence of it.

It makes no sense:
if the filmer of the video says he was one of the only white kids there, then how can the cops be singling out black kids when all there was were black kids?.

That's the weirdest part to me. According to ta white video kid, he is one of the only white kids, maybe the only white kid. So how can a cop possibly be singling out black kids when that is all there were?

It's not surprising that the kid filming wasn't harassed. And not because he was white, but he was calmly filming a video. Cops read the news, they see the stories about how bad they look when they take someone's phone or camera and smash it. Maybe he left the white kid alone because he didn't think he was doing anything wrong and didn't want to get in trouble for interfering with that kids right to film in public.

Old 06-09-2015, 05:17 PM

17,412 posts, read 12,039,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Of course it isn't, but the media will use whatever words get the most attention. McKinney is only about 10% Black, and Baltimore is 64%. These were White police officers in a mostly White area.

Now, before anyone misunderstands me, I am not justifying what the officer did, especially when he escalated the situation by losing control and tackling a young girl in a bikini, but there were 2 sides to the protest. One group is crying racism and police brutality and the other is applauding the McKinney police for protecting the community. Are the people who support their local police all racists?

I'm sure a group of White teens would act the same way at a party, so the racist pig who insulted these young people is an ignorant piece of trash IMO.

Although there is no excuse for what this one police officer did, the other cops were calm and trying to get the situation under control. The problem I see here is that one cop loses his cool and suddenly it becomes a media circus about "another cop" and "a Black person." I'm glad the girl wasn't seriously injured when she was thrown to the ground. The grandfather visiting his family in Alabama wasn't so lucky.
IF that's what happened. I live in the area, and another version is that the parents confronted the teens, and the teens immediately started saying "what? You don't want black kids here? Should we go back to our Section 8?"

There's one side, there's the other. And the truth is somewhere in the middle. But before you label someone an ignorant piece of trash, you might want to be SURE about the truth.

Old 06-09-2015, 05:19 PM

17,412 posts, read 12,039,388 times
Quote:
Like he said, "any civilized person..." You BACK OFF. Video tape is you think rights are being violated, but NEVER challenge a cop with a gun. Pure stupidity. But then all these riots are teaching your youngsters" that theyre free to confront and challenge the cops. He did nothing wrong. The man has an EXCELLENT record, but now he's in hiding because of DEATH THREATS from the black mob.
Which is a real threat, considering the number of officers that have been executed in cold blood recently.

Do we really want a society where law enforcement is gunned down just because of the color of their clothing?

Old 06-09-2015, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96 View Post
And what does this have to do with the topic at hand? lol.
I quoted and responded to a post in this thread, just like you quoted and responded to mine. This TOPIC is about young black behaviour. OR you might think it's about white cop berhaviour, but it's all on topic, so try distracting another poster.

Old 06-09-2015, 05:22 PM

14,268 posts, read 19,012,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
IF that's what happened. I live in the area, and another version is that the parents confronted the teens, and the teens immediately started saying "what? You don't want black kids here? Should we go back to our Section 8?"

There's one side, there's the other. And the truth is somewhere in the middle. But before you label someone an ignorant piece of trash, you might want to be SURE about the truth.
Okay, you have a point, but adults should be able to control their actions. I just can't see myself arguing with a teenager. My brain and its experiences in volatile situations have taught me restraint. I am not making excuses for teenagers who acted improperly, but I would never start an argument with a child.

Old 06-09-2015, 05:25 PM

1,136 posts, read 931,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Which is a real threat, considering the number of officers that have been executed in cold blood recently.

Do we really want a society where law enforcement is gunned down just because of the color of their clothing?
Police officers have been targeted for decades. Why is this bothering you now? Police officers will always be targeted because the represent the power of the government.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events