Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2015, 06:39 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,169,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
I think you just don't like being called out for being a racist. You or any race does not own the word thug. Get over it.
Oh yeah. I'm racist.

It's not like I said multiple times that I don't care when the word is appropriately used, I'm challenging when it's inappropriately used.

You don't want to have a discussion (not sure why you bothered to come into this thread) and you take the simple, lazy (not surprising) way out by calling someone who isn't a racist, a racist. How's that for irony based on this thread.

Move along.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2015, 07:38 PM

6,446 posts, read 9,803,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Oh yeah. I'm racist.

It's not like I said multiple times that I don't care when the word is appropriately used, I'm challenging when it's inappropriately used.

You don't want to have a discussion (not sure why you bothered to come into this thread) and you take the simple, lazy (not surprising) way out by calling someone who isn't a racist, a racist. How's that for irony based on this thread.

Move along.
Lol when is it inappropriate in your eyes ? When it's used to describe a black person ? You can call anyone a thug. You need to follow your own advice about discussions.

Old 06-13-2015, 07:43 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,169,444 times
Quote:
Lol when is it inappropriate in your eyes ? When it's used to describe a black person ? You can call anyone a thug. You need to follow your own advice about discussions.
When it's used to describe a teenager for getting mouthy with a police officer.

Run along now, Pedro and I were having a discussion.

Old 06-13-2015, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
When it's used to describe a teenager for getting mouthy with a police officer.

Run along now, Pedro and I were having a discussion.
Sorry but you don't own this thread just like you don't own the word thug. Get over it already. The horse is dead.

Old 06-13-2015, 08:14 PM

8,103 posts, read 6,745,378 times
We used skell in the 70s...I'd like to see that one make a come back.

Old 06-13-2015, 08:37 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,346,625 times
Quote:
Sorry but you don't own this thread just like you don't own the word thug. Get over it already. The horse is dead.
He gave you a logical response and you just brush it off with "get over it".

Like he said, it's obvious you have no intentions of actually discussing the topic at hand.

The horse isn't dead, there's still endless amounts of people who misuse the word "thug" either out of sheer ignorance and/or their own desire to push an agenda.

Old 06-13-2015, 08:47 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post
Scalawag is my word of choice.
How 'bout rapscallion? Or slumgullion?

Online Etymology Dictionary

Old 06-13-2015, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96 View Post
He gave you a logical response and you just brush it off with "get over it".

Like he said, it's obvious you have no intentions of actually discussing the topic at hand.

The horse isn't dead, there's still endless amounts of people who misuse the word "thug" either out of sheer ignorance and/or their own desire to push an agenda.
It is not a racist word so how in the world are people misusing it ? Lol. Because you say so ?

This has been discussed over and over but yet a few clueless people still think they own the word thug. It's hilarious that you guys continue on and on with this nonsense.

Call anyone you want a thug. It's ok. It's not a racist word no matter how much you want it to be.

Old 06-14-2015, 01:05 AM

1,431 posts, read 912,069 times
Lol, I can't believe there are people in this thread that want to sit here and act like no one uses "thug" in a derogatory manner towards blacks. Alrighty then.

Old 06-14-2015, 05:45 AM

1,309 posts, read 1,158,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Well if your tripe were accurate then what label would you put on white liberals who use the term?
What about black liberals who use it?

Don't forget that recently both the black female mayor of Baltimore and the black male president (both of whom are uber liberal) used the term thug as well.
What do you infer and assume about them?

Lastly, your absurd assumption that racists use the word thug instead of n igger because the forum censor filters out derogatory racial pejoratives, is also weak sauce.

Let's see how many other stereotypical racial slurs toward blacks are prohibited which would render the word thug the only remaining choice;

spear chucker
coon
porch monkey
spook
coon
etc.

How about for other races or religions;

mic
wop
wet back
honky
camel jockey
shylock
polock
slope head

Look at that, my preview feature shows that all sorts of pegoritives can be used by racists. So that kind of blows your liberal rant out of the water, doesn't it?

`
You really don't think you'd be banned from this forum and many others if you were using those words regularly? I'd suggest that you prove me wrong and start using those slangs in regular rotation on here and seeing how well you do. I didn't say every single person who uses "thug" means it interchangably for "n-----", just that conservatives regularly and habitually use it that way. Why would righties refer to Denzel Washington and Neil Degrasse Tyson that way if I were wrong? Neither man has a criminal record or violent tendencies, the only explanation is that they're black.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events