Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2015, 01:10 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,725,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
JMO, but that would not have been the solution in this case. This girl needed help, IMO, not punishment. Her behavior wasn't IMO that of a typical teen sexting, but a very young girl who has no stable father figure who was most likely looking for male approval however she could get it. They also said she had had episodes of depression and anxiety, but nothing I read says it was being treated.
I DK the details about this girl's life.

According to the link investigators are challenged to find people who knew the girl versus those posting comments on social media.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2015, 01:29 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,026,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
JMO, but that would not have been the solution in this case. This girl needed help, IMO, not punishment. Her behavior wasn't IMO that of a typical teen sexting, but a very young girl who has no stable father figure who was most likely looking for male approval however she could get it. They also said she had had episodes of depression and anxiety, but nothing I read says it was being treated.
Her stepfather is a sick man.

I don't know too many fathers that would cut off their daughter's hair, burn her clothes and then tell the principal to publicly humiliate her in response to sending a topless photo to a boy. They might hit her, ground her and take away her phone, but not do all the extra mess this maniac did.

He is NOT her REAL father, so his actions should be seen as very, very suspect and why on earth did he film what he was doing to her?

Also, where was her MOTHER?? The woman who birthed her?

Old 06-13-2015, 01:39 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,367,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
Her stepfather is a sick man.

I don't know too many fathers that would cut off their daughter's hair, burn her clothes and then tell the principal to publicly humiliate her in response to sending a topless photo to a boy. They might hit her, ground her and take away her phone, but not do all the extra mess this maniac did.

He is NOT her REAL father, so his actions should be seen as very, very suspect and why on earth did he film what he was doing to her?

Also, where was her MOTHER?? The woman who birthed her?
Quite possibly in another room with a very bad haircut and afraid to open her mouth. There's a good chance this girl wasn't the only one being abused in this home.

Old 06-13-2015, 01:47 PM

4,475 posts, read 6,684,039 times
Anyone ever see the movie Virgin Suicides? This reminds me of that. Sometimes its nobodys fault but "being a 13 year old girl"

Old 06-13-2015, 01:50 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,472,094 times
Cut and pasted from the OP's posted article... "The girl's decision to kill herself also doesn't appear to be related to the hair cutting, said Tacoma Public Information Officer Loretta Cool."

The truth is we don't know anything about why this child died or how she lived her life. To blame her dad on speculation alone... well, that's the Internet and poor journalism for ya. Thank God some of us have enough brains to dig deeper before condemning the father.

Old 06-13-2015, 03:21 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,026,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
Cut and pasted from the OP's posted article... "The girl's decision to kill herself also doesn't appear to be related to the hair cutting, said Tacoma Public Information Officer Loretta Cool."

The truth is we don't know anything about why this child died or how she lived her life. To blame her dad on speculation alone... well, that's the Internet and poor journalism for ya. Thank God some of us have enough brains to dig deeper before condemning the father.
He wasn't her REAL father, he was her STEPFATHER.

He took it to levels that was completely unnecessary for a STEPFATHER. This wasn't HIS kid.

That girl had a hellish life living in that home with a weak mother who played see no evil/hear no evil/speak no evil to a man that was emotionally/physically abusing her daughter.

Of course it had to do with the hair cutting. The girl was very pretty and had beautiful hair. What was the need in cutting it? I've heard of jealous mothers doing this crap, but not fathers - REAL bio fathers.

But I have heard of extremely jealous abusive boyfriends doing it.

Old 06-13-2015, 03:37 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,504,849 times
Quote:

He took it to levels that was completely unnecessary for a STEPFATHER. This wasn't HIS kid.

That girl had a hellish life living in that home with a weak mother who played see no evil/hear no evil/speak no evil to a man that was emotionally/physically abusing her daughter.

Of course it had to do with the hair cutting. The girl was very pretty and had beautiful hair. What was the need in cutting it? I've heard of jealous mothers doing this crap, but not fathers - REAL bio fathers.

It sounds like you were molested by a stepfather as your mother did nothing.

Old 06-13-2015, 03:42 PM

50,768 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
It sounds like you were molested by a stepfather as your mother did nothing.
It doesn't have to mean molested. There are many forms of abuse. My step father didn't molest me, but was constantly critical of me, nothing I did was right, I was a loser while his kids (all older than me) were perfect. My mom would once in a while half-heartedly say something to him, but it was clear her fear of losing him was more important then her fear of losing me. I left home a few weeks after I turned 18, and I was a mess, and made a million mistakes, and had the same dependency on male approval my mom did (her father was a bully)...cycle goes round and round.

Old 06-13-2015, 04:06 PM

4,532 posts, read 8,869,784 times
Quote:
He wasn't her father. He was her stepfather and his reaction to her sending a topless pic to a boy was that of a crazed jealous boyfriend than a "father" figure.

Other articles say she dealt with daily verbal abuse and her mother never intervened. Who knows what else was going on in that home. The man sounds like a sick freak who got off on torturing this girl. I hope he pays for this somehow and the motber as well.
This is heartbreaking Poor baby. Perhaps her mother was being mentally abused by this man and also not in her right mind. I have to believe this, as I cannot fathom not protecting your child. As a mother, I would claw my way back from hell to protect my kids.

Old 06-13-2015, 04:07 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,395,703 times
Quote:

Since we know nothing at all, really, about this situation (unless you, marilyn220, who clearly have stepfather issues from your posting, know the family personally and intimately and know something factual about it that you haven't shared with the police), and we're apparently making assumptions about this tragedy based on absolutely nothing other than our own issues, let's consider that perhaps this man has been her "stepfather" from shortly after birth and IS, indeed, her "dad". And that he told her (twice, according to her own words) that if she sexted again that her hair, which she valued (but which he knew would grow back), would be cut and he was following through on what he said (unlike many parents who say, 'If you do that one more time, you'll suffer X punishment" and never do. And that he videoed it because in this day and age that may be the only thing that is "real" to some kids, if they see it on video.

Pretty sure the police investigated him in a very public case like this if only in the interests of CYA, and they say he wasn't the one who set the video free online. Sounds like maybe she shared her copy with someone and they betrayed her trust and did so. Which is pure speculation on my part, in the interests of honesty.

A very tragic situation however it came about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events