Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2015, 08:29 AM

7,728 posts, read 12,624,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post

WOW. Most callous and ignorant statement that I have ever seen outside of the politics forum. You need to do some research, sir.

Is Suicide a Free Choice or a False Choice? | World of Psychology

((suicide[Title]) AND child[Title]) AND abuse[Title/Abstract] - PubMed - NCBI
Yes because someone else forces a human being to kill themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2015, 08:33 AM

7,728 posts, read 12,624,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
Shaming a child is a ridiculous form of discipline, and is a direct reflection on the step fathers lack of parenting skills, he also choose to record the event and should be judged accordingly. No one has suggested that the child shouldn't have been disciplined. Another thing that troubles me is that in addition to harsh methods of discipline it appears that he the step father was the primary disciplinarian which I wholeheartedly disagree with, that is the biological mothers job and the step father should have been playing a secondary supportive role.
Some of you folks would love if children weren't disciplined at all. First it was spanking. Now you want to crusade against shaming. What exactly do you think disciplines a child that has no respect for themselves or others? Standing in a corner? Time out? Lol. I swear some American parents are the worst. We don't have these problems in my culture.

Old 06-14-2015, 09:20 AM

2,851 posts, read 2,303,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
Except that this is not unusual or outside of the social norms. You don't have to like it, but you can't do that to your kid over it.

One is an adult and one WAS a child.
In some circles, it's not unusual or outside of their social norms to use crack cocaine or have multiple babies from different fathers by the age of 18.

In normal families, the 13 year old girl does not send multiple nude photos of herself to boys. If she indeed killed herself because she was embarrassed by the video of her being scolded by her stepfather, and yet she was not embarrassed that there were multiple naked photos of her floating around boys' phones, something was deeply off in her worldview. Although I doubt that this video was why she did it. Poor child, but the stepfather seems to have tried to help her, the best he knew how.

Old 06-14-2015, 09:22 AM

482 posts, read 945,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
He wasn't her father. He was her stepfather and his reaction to her sending a topless pic to a boy was that of a crazed jealous boyfriend than a "father" figure.

Other articles say she dealt with daily verbal abuse and her mother never intervened. Who knows what else was going on in that home. The man sounds like a sick freak who got off on torturing this girl. I hope he pays for this somehow and the motber as well.

I knew it had to be something like this. I think both the "mother" and "father" should be held criminally responsible. I hate to hear stories of women picking men over their children, never ends well. If I ever divorce my daughter's father, there will NOT be another man in my household until she's gone to college. I never understood that. SMH

Old 06-14-2015, 09:28 AM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,898,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ummagumma View Post
In some circles, it's not unusual or outside of their social norms to use crack cocaine or have multiple babies from different fathers by the age of 18.

In normal families, the 13 year old girl does not send multiple nude photos of herself to boys. If she indeed killed herself because she was embarrassed by the video of her being scolded by her stepfather, and yet she was not embarrassed that there were multiple naked photos of her floating around boys' phones, something was deeply off in her worldview. Although I doubt that this video was why she did it. Poor child, but the stepfather seems to have tried to help her, the best he knew how.
If that was his best then his best sucked, poor excuse for parenting, he's a damn fool.

Old 06-14-2015, 09:32 AM

50,795 posts, read 36,501,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Is that always the case?
Maybe not, but in a case where the girl has no bio father in her life and self-esteem issues, which it's clear this girl had, it is quite often the case. It was certainly the case with me.

Old 06-14-2015, 12:39 PM
eok

6,684 posts, read 4,252,530 times
The stepfather should probably have not made such a big deal about the nude pictures, and likewise people posting here should probably not make such a big deal about the haircut. People make mistakes all the time. Teenagers commit suicide all the time. People who look for people to blame, and blame them without evidence, are sick. Life is full of tragedies. The last thing we need are busybodies spending their lives lazily looking for people to blame for tragedies, and blaming them on whims without evidence. Get a life.

Suicide is hardly ever caused by one issue. It's caused by brain chemicals. If something happens to go wrong, and suicide follows, you have to be very naive to blame the suicide on what went wrong, because the person was almost always planning suicide already. Even if she had the worst stepfather ever, suicide is caused by brain chemicals, not by stepfathers.

Old 06-14-2015, 02:05 PM

1,548 posts, read 913,607 times
I applaud the guy for inflicting some old school punishment. Most parents these days let their kids walk all over them, or want to be their friends.

Old 06-14-2015, 02:19 PM

575 posts, read 616,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blanker View Post
I applaud the guy for inflicting some old school punishment. Most parents these days let their kids walk all over them, or want to be their friends.
and now he gets to bury his child

Old 06-14-2015, 02:19 PM

76 posts, read 76,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
When your little girl, which is what 13 is, is sending nude pics to boys, you find out WHY, because it's a deeper issue than just liking a boy.
What deeper issue due you think it is? She reached puberty. The girl is not longer that "little" no matter what social conventions, moral values, etc. seem to suggest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events