Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2015, 11:56 AM

19,868 posts, read 12,155,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
That's conservatives for ya.

I think it's a neat idea too... because we know most of the homeless have some type of mental issue going on so it would be better for them than being on the streets.
Did you read my post directly above yours? Not all conservatives think the same just as not all liberals are alike.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2015, 11:59 AM

18,412 posts, read 19,068,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyAMG View Post
Hawaii doesn't owe homeless haloes a damn thing. They moved there knowing how expensive it was and how easy the climate was to be homeless in. If anything they should export them back to the main land. If you are in Kihei or Honolulu you can see the unwashed masses living the good life. The last thing they need is more incentive for more "home free" individuals to move to Hawaii.

The only people owed anything at all are native Hawaiians. Period.
the homeless camps in ohau and outer islands are not filled with haoles it is mostly locals. fyi most of which know how to fish.

Old 06-17-2015, 12:37 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,673,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyAMG View Post
Hawaii doesn't owe homeless haloes a damn thing. They moved there knowing how expensive it was and how easy the climate was to be homeless in. If anything they should export them back to the main land. If you are in Kihei or Honolulu you can see the unwashed masses living the good life. The last thing they need is more incentive for more "home free" individuals to move to Hawaii.

The only people owed anything at all are native Hawaiians. Period.
I wish there were a "build public housing in Hawaii" fund I could contribute.

I'd also like to contribute to the "one-way bus tickets to LA" fund.

Old 06-17-2015, 01:59 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,964,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Why must certain people spout negativity about absolutely everything? I think this is a really nice idea. Man, I'm glad I'm not a Debbie downer all day every day, must be exhausting.
Why do you have a problem with them starting with politicians vacationing spots, before the working rich? I didn't say it wasn't a grand idea!

If these places are just given to the people with no contract of personal responsibility it will just be another taxpayer funded program that fails. It's proven those with skin in the game will try to keep what is good for them.

People with money or people who have never had to work, think throwing the poor crumbs once in awhile will fix the problem. For example many NA tribes have not gotten past government help. Not for the want of the people, the government doesn't allow a person on welfare to make above a certain amount, this certainly keeps them from getting ahead. The leaders of these programs end up making money and the areas, the people get worse and then nobody seems to care anymore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
That's conservatives for ya.
So if one thinks this way they're conservative.....okay!

Quote:
I think it's a neat idea too... because we know most of the homeless have some type of mental issue going on so it would be better for them than being on the streets.
Then build a YMCA and let those who support all drugs to be legalized pay for it, including those who feel open borders are not an issue in America. Most mental people are drugged addicted and have been for many years. One can't take to the streets in their 20's and not think about leaving around the age of 40, with no job experience. I knew people who lived on the river out of high school and smoked PCP, thinking they were never getting any older and life had no meaning. One is dead and the other has been in prison for 10 yrs.

Most of us happen to have family members with mental issues or mentality handicapped there are homes for these people. Also, the state of California owns many mentality disabled or handicapped people, they don't have to live on the streets. If welfare workers were really doing their job, nobody should be on the streets, the system allows this to happen.

Like I said above, I didn't say it wasn't a grand idea. All I am saying, is make the poor give back. Most of us are tried of giving for free and the same people down the road are still doing the same thing......nothing or more drugs. Everybody has a story.......

Old 06-17-2015, 02:04 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,964,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Did you read my post directly above yours? Not all conservatives think the same just as not all liberals are alike.
Then again it has nothing to do with being conservative,(I am not conservative)......should be about responsibility. That this help is for a short while, not your life career, not even over 1 year. By then they should have a job and should be paying rent, now that is a grand idea!

Mental patients need to be in hospitals, not shelters.

Old 06-17-2015, 02:30 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,064,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Would be nice to send all the homeless to Martha's Vineyard, also, start there first, with their diverse communities idea.......then we will see work being done.
Wow, you sound pretty ignorant, many of the homeless are veterans. Are you a veteran?

Old 06-17-2015, 07:48 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,615,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
My bad. Sometimes I forgot to put in "some".

Old 06-17-2015, 10:06 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,972,851 times
Let's all move to Hawaii and live in Ala Moana park, eat coconuts and surf all day!

Oh wait, did that.

Old 06-18-2015, 12:55 AM

3,943 posts, read 6,383,211 times
I think it's a great idea. I think we should definitely help mentally ill/homeless people, and I do. If I ever won millions of dollars in the lottery, that's where most of it would go.

Old 06-18-2015, 10:30 AM

5,444 posts, read 7,013,980 times
I'm always a believer in the Maslow's hierarchy of needs. By converting the buses to shelters, they are helping the individual achieve the first need. Which in turn will help them achieve the second need which includes employment.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events