Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2015, 07:57 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,909,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
He posted a photo of himself on Facebook wearing Confederate flag underwear.

His police chief said:
"On Tuesday ... the City learned that you posted on Facebook a photograph in which you were wearing only a pair of boxer shorts emblazoned with the image of the Confederate flag,” Driggers wrote. “Your posting in this manner led to you being publicly identified as a North Charleston Police officer and associated both you and the Department with an image that symbolizes hate and oppression to a significant portion of the citizens we are sworn to serve."

His police chief also said this could compromise any criminal cases involving minorities because a defense attorney could use the photo call to into question his motivation in making an arrest.

North Charleston officer fired for posing in rebel flag underwear - Post and Courier
nI the end just that is likely to not be admissible ;same as post with black panther flag. They wanted to avoid problems likely much different now days. he has right to sue like anyone else.Afterall is the state firing those who flew the same symbol themselves in state ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2015, 07:58 PM

2,686 posts, read 1,772,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
He means Mark Fuhrman. And he makes a good point.
Ethos is everything, and whatever point he had was lost in typing the wrong name. It would be like me referring to Mark Goldman.

Old 06-25-2015, 08:00 PM

It sure is funny watching Dems get their panties all in a wad over the Confederate flag when it was Dems who introduced the Confederate flag in the first place.

Old 06-25-2015, 08:01 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,661,053 times
LMAO. They serve themselves up on a platter

Old 06-25-2015, 08:02 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,661,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C. Ogilvy View Post
It sure is funny watching Dems get their panties all in a wad over the Confederate flag when it was Dems who introduced the Confederate flag in the first place.
Deflection.

Gotta give you credit, I thought this would be your first post

Old 06-25-2015, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Deflection.
LOL! No it isn't. You guys still are trying to deny that the Dems have not always been the party of slavery, racism, Jim Crow, and the KKK. Y'all try to pretend that you "care about blacks", yet you treat them like children and take for granted their vote by giving them "free" stuff. You insult blacks by saying that they are incapable of getting voter ID's so that we can keep illegal aliens from voting. You insult them again by opposing party affiliation being taking off of ballots because you fear that if they didn't see the (D) they wouldn't know what to do. Those are all very racist attitudes, so don't give me this nonsense that the Dems are pure and "not wacist". It was Lyndon Johnson who said, "I will have those ******s voting democrat for the next 200 years". This was 8 years after he opposed the original Civil Rights act sponsored by Republicans. You guys prove that you have always been the party of racism every day.

Old 06-25-2015, 08:19 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,727,212 times
I have the same reaction with this dumbass as I did with the Fire Captain Bible gays issue.

They have a right to post whatever dumbass **** they want but I as an employer have the right to fire your ass if it in anyway impacts my company or business that I don't like.

You have your freedom and I have mine.

Old 06-25-2015, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
I have the same reaction with this dumbass as I did with the Fire Captain Bible gays issue.

They have a right to post whatever dumbass **** they want but I as an employer have the right to fire your ass if it in anyway impacts my company or business that I don't like.

You have your freedom and I have mine.
Yeah, imagine the outrage if the guy was fired for wearing rainbow flag underwear. The media would spend a whole week on it. It would be worse than Dylann Roof!

Old 06-25-2015, 08:24 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,727,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C. Ogilvy View Post
Yeah, imagine the outrage if the guy was fired for wearing rainbow flag underwear. The media would spend a whole week on it. It would be worse than Dylann Roof!
Such is life but I should be as free to express myself thru my business as anyone else is to post dumbassed **** on Facebook.

Old 06-25-2015, 08:30 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,881,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Deflection.

Gotta give you credit, I thought this would be your first post
Yeah, me too. They seem to constantly deflect back to the middle of the last century every time the subject of racism comes up, but I guess it's more comfortable than talking about the deplorable place their party is with regard to minorities right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events