Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2015, 03:46 PM

2,365 posts, read 2,150,745 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Hm, hard to see what you are getting at but I will say this.

The South is still a great place. And it's much better because we've worked hard to put racial hatred, segregation and Jim Crow behind us. We are much richer for the many fine black Americans who now stand on an equal legal footing along with everyone else.

Is there still work to do? Yep, there sure is, both here and elsewhere.

But frankly I believe we Southerners have an edge. We've been tested in the crucible yet we still stand tall. That now means ALL of us Southerners, not just white people. Show me any part of the country that has done a better job of dealing with these issues and I'll climb a pine tree barefooted.

Sorry I missed this before arjay - but I agree. Ouch, lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2015, 04:10 PM

381 posts, read 277,921 times
which flag do the p.c. nazis hate most?

or

the usa seems to have forgiven japan very quickly for their actions,why the prolonging hate for the south?.

Old 07-03-2015, 05:43 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,401,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverhead View Post

or

the usa seems to have forgiven japan very quickly for their actions,why the prolonging hate for the south?.

because they can get something for free,

Old 07-03-2015, 06:24 PM

73,067 posts, read 62,680,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverhead View Post

or

How often do you see Japanese people fly the first flag above? How often is it flow in THIS country?

Old 07-03-2015, 10:00 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,605,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
You know what, I love it when folks put up a handful of confused black folks as it what they have to say represents the majority of African Americans. We had confused Negros during slavey and we had confused Colored folks during the Civil Rights era and we got confused Black folks now. So what?

As for hate, I hate racism in all its manifestations and I symbols of racism, I don't people, whether they are confused black folks or even racist white folks. Now I know that might be too nuanced for you but that's not my problem.
Then you shouldn't have any problems with the Battle Flag.
Speaking of confused folks, here's one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YF-Q...ature=youtu.be

And a blog:
Black Confederates

We need to ban white bed sheets.

Old 07-03-2015, 10:06 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,862,798 times
Thumbs down *

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat
Ah the brainwashing of America. And social engineering gains strength. God help the USA.
Yea.... This is the stupidist bloodiest thing yet!!!

You cant deny history!! (When much was BETTER)

Old 07-03-2015, 10:14 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,605,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Confederate Flag = Smoke Screen. Nothing to see here. Next subject?
While We Were Distracted With The Confederate Flag Flap, Congress Quietly Forfeited our Entire Economic Future Via Fast Track Trade Authority | World Truth.TV

Old 07-03-2015, 10:31 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,639,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
The north was heavily complicit until the 1850's. The north's textile industry, shipping industry, global trade, banks and insurers were dependent on it. It wasn't until they got into timber, coal, grain and so on that things changed. I don't think anyone is saying the south wasn't the aggressor or didn't start the war, of course they did. I think some are just trying to point out the north wasn't exactly a little angel in all this.
The North was harvesting timber in the 1700's....long before the Civil War was even a thought to anyone.

Old 07-03-2015, 10:32 PM

3,393 posts, read 5,282,707 times
Can't say I understand confederates in 2015. It has been dead for over 100 years. So there are no real confederates. If they're simply trying to revive it then decide if you're American or Confederate. Cant' be both as those are two different nations. I think they should be treated like foreign invaders like al quaeda. Both hate the union/USA.

Old 07-04-2015, 04:55 AM

2,365 posts, read 2,150,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay100 View Post
Can't say I understand confederates in 2015. It has been dead for over 100 years. So there are no real confederates. If they're simply trying to revive it then decide if you're American or Confederate. Cant' be both as those are two different nations. I think they should be treated like foreign invaders like al quaeda. Both hate the union/USA.
No they arent two different nations. The CSA never really was a nation in and of itself - if you want to argue that they were, it only lasted 4 to 5 years as a seperate nation, and was under seige the entire time. Its a part of American history. There is no Southern state that hasnt gone on to send its sons, and now daughters, to the serve in subsequent American wars, and fought under the US flag as well.

Thats like saying a black American cannot claim or hold any pride in African ancestory, as most have never been to Africa, and were not born in Africa, making the title 'African-American' a complete fallacy, as you cannot be someone from a place you have never seen or been except in pictures or your mind. As you say, you cannot be both - you MUST be either African or American, and solely because I and people who think like me say so.

I personally think that ideology is wrong and hateful, and ignorant.

I dont think I have a right to tell someone whose genetics obviously originated in Africa that they are not African and cannot claim any tie to that heritage or show any pride in it. Likewise, I dont think anyone has a right to tell any color of American that they should rewrite history, or erase history ever, and deny their forefathers who fought selflessly and bravely under the stars & bars.

Have you never seen those T-shrits that say, "Its a black thing, you wouldnt understand". Well, the Confederate flag is a Southern thing shared by all races of the South - and you obviously cannot and will not understand.

In Afganistan, when those ancient Buddist carvings in the side of a mountain were bombed because they did not represent a currently dominant religion, I thought that was a travesty, and a loss to the world.

More importantly, that action was a sign of weakness on the part of the practicers of the now dominant religion. It showed their fear of that previously ancient people that were no longer there.

I would have to ask, for people that want to try to erase history - what are you afraid of? What has made you so weak?

You dont have a right to erase any Americans heritage. For the most part, we are a nation of immigrants whether we immigrated as indentured servants, slave or free people in the 1600s or as someone from another nation just last year.

Last edited by ConeyGirl52; 07-04-2015 at 05:12 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events