Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2015, 08:51 AM

4,863 posts, read 6,929,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Well if Walmart is so horrible maybe when/if caught they all should be sentenced to working at that store for a year or two?
Or would that be considered cruel and unusual punishment.

I'll bet one of the next things we'll hear is that it's the city's fault for not having more things for these poor little miscreants to do to keep them out of trouble...
There you go, that's the answer(you were serious, weren't you jimj?). It's not their fault. If the city can find jobs for these fine upstanding youths, they wouldn't be so bored (once again everyone's fault, but there's). The city can just follow the success of our government as we find jobs for ISIS. They don't have to do anything, just collect a paycheck. Kind of like the important jobs such as Michelle Obama's $ 300,000 job that she left when Obama became president, and her vacated position wasn't filled.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2015, 08:54 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,350,015 times
This kid and everyone of the others should be sentenced to community service. They should be forced to pay for what they did. What the heck were they doing at a walmart at that hour anyway? These are teens. Where were the parents?

Not even sure why they still have store's opened past 10 anymore. None of the three Walmarts in Oxnard are open past 10. None of the 6 area Walmarts are open past 10 around here. I didn't even know Walmart kept stores open 24 hours anymore.

Old 07-01-2015, 09:13 AM

733 posts, read 853,576 times
The ones in our area are open all night.

We don't have that kind of behavior here.

Guess why.

Old 07-01-2015, 09:34 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,983,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky2balive View Post
fret not
china WILL make more
And Americans will be lining up to buy all the Chinese junk just like they do at every retailer. Walmart is no different than any of the others, they just get targeted like McDonalds all the time.

Old 07-01-2015, 09:41 AM

9,824 posts, read 11,551,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
Actually, I shop in China via Walmart.
LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
$50 of property damage a head? They weren't even good at it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truly Missouri View Post
Don't expect that Walmart to have any discounts on watermelons and fried chicken any time soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Probably won't be having a Black Friday Sale this year either............they already had it.
Don
I know i'm not suppose to laugh, but all of those post were pretty damn Funny
I think one people are forgetting is, where are the summer jobs for Teens?

Up until the time i started selling Drugs (save that story for another time) i always had a Summer part time job to keep me out of Trouble.
I ask again, where are the Summer part time jobs

Old 07-01-2015, 09:59 AM

4,530 posts, read 8,868,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Evidently this was a coordinated attack with the only motive being destruction. I guess these kids were just bored and wanted to get some exercise?

Surveillance video of a wee-hours ruckus at a Macon Wal-Mart on Sunday shows a teenager race inside flashing gang signs ahead of a mob of four dozen or so people who burst in and smashed merchandise.

The commotion, which caused an estimated $2,000 in damage, appears to have been planned.

Some in the crowd also snatched a man, apparently a shopper at the Zebulon Road store, from a motorized shopping cart and dragged him to the floor, Bibb County sheriff’s officials said Monday.

The vandals, said to number between 40 and 50, sprinted down the store’s main aisle about 1:50 a.m. Sunday, “destroying merchandise displays and items,†a sheriff’s deputy’s report of the incident noted.
Source:
Read more here: Report: Macon Wal-Mart mob wanted to see how much damage it could do | Crime | Macon.com
A little word to the wise to any young punks that think this is a good idea: Some Senior citizens may not be as helpless as they seem. Some Seniors even carry legally concealed firearms. Forty to fifty vandals: That would be three high capacity clips in several handguns or five ten round clips in states that outlawed high capacity magazines (assuming no misses). In a crazy world sometimes being even crazier is necessary.

Old 07-01-2015, 10:26 AM

205 posts, read 334,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Maybe their only chance of ever getting on media.
And if they come face to face with cops

Old 07-01-2015, 10:36 AM

1,741 posts, read 2,628,852 times
It's amazing to me how so many on this thread don't think anything of destruction just so long as it happens at Walmart. :shakes head:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
And Americans will be lining up to buy all the Chinese junk just like they do at every retailer. Walmart is no different than any of the others, they just get targeted like McDonalds all the time.
Exactly. Target has just as much stuff from China as Walmart. And it's not just China, it's Taiwan, India, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Mexico, Honduras, Guatemala, Cambodia, Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia, etc. Just check the labels. Made in the U.S.A. is probably only about 1/4 (on the high end) of the merchandise any store carries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
Not even sure why they still have store's opened past 10 anymore. None of the three Walmarts in Oxnard are open past 10. None of the 6 area Walmarts are open past 10 around here. I didn't even know Walmart kept stores open 24 hours anymore.
Most of the Walmart stores in Albuquerque are still open 24 Hours, but recently three have started closing from midnight to 6 AM. These three have had the worst problems with theft and unsavory characters, especially overnight.

The problem for me is that two of those three are some of the Walmarts I frequent most often. I often did shop at Walmart after midnight and also very early in the morning before 6 AM.

And, just last week, one of those three has also started banning backpacks and other large bags being carried into the store at any time. This particular Walmart is located in one of the roughest and also transient-heavy areas of the city.

Old 07-01-2015, 03:18 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,138,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpme View Post
NOTHING! I refuse to shop there, buy USA
Good for you. What are u able to buy that is USA made?

Old 07-01-2015, 03:21 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,804,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Good for you. What are u able to buy that is USA made?
The same brand name stuff that other stores sell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events