Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2015, 09:07 PM

1,615 posts, read 1,641,017 times

Advertisements

Many of us have been held hostage in restaurants due to horribly behaved kids and dimwitted parents.
People have the right to enjoy a meal in peace. How the majority of parents seem to have well behaved children shows good parenting by someone. If your child is tired take it home. If your child isnt feeling well dont take it out. If your kid is just a plain brat leave it home with a sitter. In the meantime read a book explaining how good parenting works and just maybe you will learn something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2015, 09:11 PM

1,078 posts, read 1,076,322 times
No one really is annoyed by crying kids. unless you're at the movies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwCgHuVpO8E

Old 07-21-2015, 09:18 PM

1,615 posts, read 1,641,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
From the Yelp reviews, it seems Marcy's regular-size pancakes are the size of a dinner plate.

No wonder she was incredulous about Moomie insisting on ordering 3 of them for a 2 year old.
She probably knew the pancakes would become a toy for the kid and then the tables,floor and window sills would have been full of pancake bits every where. I have seen the messes people leave for the servers to clean up and its not pretty. But someones little dumpling enjoyed itself.

Old 07-22-2015, 01:16 AM

7,990 posts, read 5,385,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
I'm with the restaurant owner on this one. If you've got a screaming kid, calm him down or take him outside. It's selfish to ruin things for everybody else.

And I say this as someone with a bunch of kids and grandchildren. It's just basic courtesy.
I watched her interview. She said something like she doesn't regret what she did but admitted maybe she could have handled it differently. The two sides have entirely different stories to how long the toddler was crying and who exactly she yelled at.

I am with you...after 15-30 seconds of crying the parent/guardian needs to remove the child to where it won't disturb anyone else. It is selfish to ruin things for everybody else.

At the same time it did a lot of advertising for her. It certainly made me check out her fb page.
I admire her for taking the drama off her fb page and redirecting. I bet her place is packed with people today.

Old 07-22-2015, 02:07 AM

11,655 posts, read 12,950,547 times
What a rude owner.

I hate screaming children too, but I think that this woman is way up herself. In that rant, she seems like a rebellious teenager rather than a mature grownup woman. How "professional" of her.

Old 07-22-2015, 08:19 AM

557 posts, read 736,852 times
Good for her, parents need to control their brats . If they don't behave in public don't bring them out

Old 07-22-2015, 10:12 AM

21,695 posts, read 28,442,276 times
The owner shouldn't have yelled at the kid. She has sort of admitted she could have handled the situation better. But the parents seem to be acting like they are totally blameless and that certainly is not the case.

It's coming down to them trying gain attention to only side their story that "The bad lady yelled at my child."

Yes, she did and that wasn't right. But to the parents, she yelled at your child because you weren't doing your job of parenting. You have to own up to your responsibility that created your part in this situation too. So far I haven't seen that.

I think the only person who was acting their age here was the 2 year-old..

Old 07-26-2015, 08:49 PM

3,928 posts, read 4,906,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
I totally get the owner's frustration with people that refuse to even to attempt to discpline their child, turning the dining experience (and general public experience) for the rest of us into a nightmare. I loathe business owners that don't have a spine in this area. However, when I read that woman's screed on Facebook about not being afraid to get physical with any man or woman, the husband not having any balls, and her obsession with the pancakes, I said nuh-huh she's a nut who needs anger management classes. The physical threats were offensive and the pancake thing was bizarre. I did not know it was my job as a customer to consider your griddle space and order according to a pancake-to-human-weight ratio. Did they even have kids' sizes or silver dollar pancakes available? I don't have kids but even if the kid wouldn't finish all of them we have this marvelous invention called take-out boxes. She comes off as the Soup Nazi and Gordon Ramsey rolled into one. Entertaining for television, but nasty and inappropriate in the real world.
Post is spot on!

Old 07-26-2015, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
There is a growing problem with parents who don't parent their kids in public. Countless threads about misbehaving kids on airplanes, in restaurants, stores...

For a while, I followed a thread about children diagnosed on the autism spectrum and how intolerant others are of their behavior in public. Parents insisted that they had a right to bring their child on airplanes, to restaurants etc. even if the stimuli overwhelmed/frightened their child. Some posted that they put t-shirts on their kids that said they were autistic and please be patient.

I'm at a loss at why these parents think others should have to put up with their children's inability to handle certain situations or their own lack of planning and/or poor parenting skills.
My son is autistic. I take him on planes about once a year and for less than five hours. He uses headphones with an iPad that really helps. My son is better behaved than most neurotypical kids. If you had your bad attitude toward my child on a plane though and expressed it towards my child. Let's just say...you would think twice. Yeah, "breeders" like me are sick of children hating jerks that have too much time on their hands.

Old 07-26-2015, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phxrider View Post
Good for her, parents need to control their brats . If they don't behave in public don't bring them out
A two year old isn't a brat. A parent could be a brat but a toddler... not really. The child haters on this forum concerns me. Too much anger and hate towards children. So sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events