Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2015, 10:05 PM

50,748 posts, read 36,447,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyAMG View Post
yep it definitely could have escalated to this level.

Executive Charged With Slapping Toddler on Plane Loses Job - ABC News
That guy was drunk as a skunk per the article! What a fool.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2015, 11:52 PM

424 posts, read 381,601 times
lol this is hilarious (and probably just a publicity stunt) anyways I live in Portland and have never heard of Marcy's Dinner.....

Old 07-20-2015, 11:59 PM

6,228 posts, read 3,606,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RipCityBassWorks View Post
lol this is hilarious (and probably just a publicity stunt) anyways I live in Portland and have never heard of Marcy's Dinner.....
It's the OTHER Portland, man.

Old 07-21-2015, 12:07 AM

10,137 posts, read 17,477,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
It is awful the parents didn't take the kid out for a bit to calm her down but the owner did not handle the situation any better.
I don't agree with the owner........but too many parents let their kids run rough shod in public. They think their kid is special and doesn't have to follow society's norms.

One little kid was playing with his utensils/talking loudly when I was eating at Morton's........really Morton's go to a family rest.

Teach your kids some manners please and don't be a douche to a kid take that out on their douche parents

Last edited by Teckeeee; 07-21-2015 at 01:06 AM..

Old 07-21-2015, 12:47 AM

6,228 posts, read 3,606,489 times
I totally get the owner's frustration with people that refuse to even to attempt to discpline their child, turning the dining experience (and general public experience) for the rest of us into a nightmare. I loathe business owners that don't have a spine in this area. However, when I read that woman's screed on Facebook about not being afraid to get physical with any man or woman, the husband not having any balls, and her obsession with the pancakes, I said nuh-huh she's a nut who needs anger management classes. The physical threats were offensive and the pancake thing was bizarre. I did not know it was my job as a customer to consider your griddle space and order according to a pancake-to-human-weight ratio. Did they even have kids' sizes or silver dollar pancakes available? I don't have kids but even if the kid wouldn't finish all of them we have this marvelous invention called take-out boxes. She comes off as the Soup Nazi and Gordon Ramsey rolled into one. Entertaining for television, but nasty and inappropriate in the real world.

Old 07-21-2015, 12:59 AM

15,250 posts, read 12,955,121 times
From the Yelp reviews, it seems Marcy's regular-size pancakes are the size of a dinner plate.

No wonder she was incredulous about Moomie insisting on ordering 3 of them for a 2 year old.

Old 07-21-2015, 02:04 AM

1,314 posts, read 2,054,086 times
I think it's perfectly normal to threaten physical harm to anyone who crosses you, even a child. The owner sounds totally together.

By the way, other diners have said the baby cried for no longer than four minutes. This wasn't exactly a fine dining establishment, if you couldn't tell by the meth/drunkenness by mid-morning.

Old 07-21-2015, 03:14 AM

6,895 posts, read 5,859,251 times
If anything, he should have shouted at the parents.

Or just asked them politely to take the kid out.

Old 07-21-2015, 04:09 AM

5,790 posts, read 5,103,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerPower00 View Post
While children can be annoying in public, screaming at a two year old gets you nowhere!! I think this is going to impact the business in a negative way. The owner claims to have yelled at a husband not a child, but gee whatever happened to being civil?

Portland Restaurant Owner Goes Viral After Screaming at Crying 2-Year-Old
I would support the restaurant owner. I am sure the business will not suffer as the patrons are all annoyed by the screaming kid. I certainly dont want to eat at a place with a screaming 2 year old. Keep her in the house and if you can't afford a babysitter, then stay home. People with kids tend to think the world should make way for them and their little kids. nope. If your child becomes a public nuisance, then you should know better than to take her outside. Rude and stupid parents cause this incident.

Old 07-21-2015, 04:44 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,771,962 times
I get really irritated with the kids that bounce against the other side of the shared bench back.

In this case what adult has not wanted to scream at an obnoxious child at least once. I would have asked the family to shut it up or leave. As in leave NOW.

Last edited by GregW; 07-21-2015 at 05:04 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events