Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2015, 07:01 PM

610 posts, read 698,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
More attention needs to be paid to out of control thugs not wearing uniforms, you know, the ones who murder people, rape, steal and then stand in front of TV cameras smiling with gold teeth holding the merchandise they stole from the stores they looted.

Maybe you ought to call the BGF, some Crip or Blood the next time you need help, bet they jump right to it and on top of you. Don't worry, they gots yo back.
Lol... Your utter lack of self-awareness is showing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2015, 07:20 PM

50,790 posts, read 24,297,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskyMama View Post
Sorry for the misunderstanding then. In the context of Being a negative comment about the officer, I assumed it was being used to identify a negative attribute. My bad.

I only meant it was the larger issue between "cracker" and "except" which was clearly a mere typo.

Agree the title is inflammatory.

Ok Thank you for your response.

Old 07-26-2015, 08:27 AM

283 posts, read 375,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
leavingIL, I know I never will have a problem with a policeman or policewoman because I don't break the law.
Problem is, not breaking the law won't guarantee that you don't come into contact with an unprofessional police officer. But too many people think that only criminals get on the wrong side of the cops. Innocent, law-abiding citizens can also run afoul of a cop with a chip on his shoulder.

And for all this talk about "a few bad apples," the entire law enforcement system has a tendency to overlook certain acts and indiscretions on part of their officer corps and even shelter those officers from reprimand, unless said acts are too grievous to ignore or said officers wind up on the wrong side of their supervisors.

There's a fundamental problem with law enforcement as it stands today, but folks like Pedro are too busy cherry-picking cases that happen to fit their point of view and confirm their own biases to notice. Or care.

Old 07-26-2015, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
More attention needs to be paid to out of control thugs not wearing uniforms, you know, the ones who murder people, rape, steal and then stand in front of TV cameras smiling with gold teeth holding the merchandise they stole from the stores they looted.

Maybe you ought to call the BGF, some Crip or Blood the next time you need help, bet they jump right to it and on top of you. Don't worry, they gots yo back.
One of the problems with anything resembling police reform is people locked into the "blacks as natural-born criminals" mindset. As if the specter of a gold-toothed, dark-skinned, pants-sagging layabout (reminiscent of the old "lazy Negro" caricatures) is enough to discount and downplay police misconduct.

Leaving the police broad license to deal with the "lazy thugs" as they see fit eventually gives them enough bravado to deal with other groups of people in the same way - right up to the moment the clean-cut law-abiding model citizen has his or her run-in with an emboldened officer.

Old 07-26-2015, 08:38 AM

610 posts, read 698,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Williams View Post
One of the problems with anything resembling police reform is people locked into the "blacks as natural-born criminals" mindset. As if the specter of a gold-toothed, dark-skinned, pants-sagging layabout (reminiscent of the old "lazy Negro" caricatures) is enough to discount and downplay police misconduct.

Leaving the police broad license to deal with the "lazy thugs" as they see fit eventually gives them enough bravado to deal with other groups of people in the same way - right up to the moment the clean-cut law-abiding model citizen has his or her run-in with an emboldened officer.
This is a great f'n post.

Old 07-26-2015, 08:40 AM

1,069 posts, read 712,308 times
Quote:

i must be missing the constant outrage from the other groups

Old 07-26-2015, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep It Simple View Post
i must be missing the constant outrage from the other groups
When people say this, they really mean they just weren't paying attention to the other groups.

Old 07-26-2015, 11:05 AM

5,859 posts, read 3,297,105 times
Crying little babies. The problem is that blacks never take responsibility for their own actions. Its always someone else's fault. Its the white mans fault. Its the police officers fault. Its the governments fault. Funny but its never their own fault. Its pathetic and most people have stopped caring.

Old 07-26-2015, 11:07 AM

1,069 posts, read 712,308 times
Quote:
When people say this, they really mean they just weren't paying attention to the other groups.
i know what i mean....i am not hearing the hispanics, asians, etc complaining....i am hearing the blacks complaining (like that is something new )

Old 07-26-2015, 11:18 AM

50,790 posts, read 24,297,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep It Simple View Post
i know what i mean....i am not hearing the hispanics, asians, etc complaining....i am hearing the blacks complaining (like that is something new )
Do a simple Google search of "hispanic complaints against police".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events