Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2015, 07:40 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,562,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by leavingIL View Post
You missed the point, as well. Police defenders seem to be universally dense.

The point is not that they were all innocent. The point is that these same sorts of people do these same sorts of things in all other industrialized countries, and the police there do not resort automatically to lethal force.

Is that REALLY that difficult to understand?
Didn't miss the point at all. For some reason you have a beef with police. i can guess why. The fact that you think thugs deserve the benefit of the doubt is silly. Continue with your anti-cop agenda. This thread was shot down by Pedro on the first page.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2015, 09:05 AM

610 posts, read 698,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
Didn't miss the point at all. For some reason you have a beef with police. i can guess why. The fact that you think thugs deserve the benefit of the doubt is silly. Continue with your anti-cop agenda. This thread was shot down by Pedro on the first page.
This is like arguing with a brick wall. None of those things you said were the point of my argument. Try really, really hard to fire even one or two neurons between your ears, and understand that my point is that in every single other industrialized country, with the possible exception of Mexico, cops do not resort to lethal force to manage difficult situations. Instead, they practice de-escalation. That is perfectly possible here. Is that really that hard for you to understand?

I know their costumes and shiny badges and general wannabe-badass demeanor are awe-inspiring to your servile brain, but really, they're just humans, and the institution to which they belong operates on faulty premises using counter-productive practices.

Not to mention, this is AMERICA. "Innocent until proven guilty" is the foundational principle of our justice system. That means, yes, even the most vile "thugs" accused of rape, murder, etc., are to be presumed innocent until their guilt is established beyond any reasonable doubt in a court of law.

Old 07-25-2015, 09:07 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,826,300 times
https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/uc..._2012-2013.xls You know there are lots of criminals out there that need to be brought to justice.

Old 07-25-2015, 09:16 AM

Quote:
This is like arguing with a brick wall. None of those things you said were the point of my argument. Try really, really hard to fire even one or two neurons between your ears, and understand that my point is that in every single other industrialized country, with the possible exception of Mexico, cops do not resort to lethal force to manage difficult situations. Instead, they practice de-escalation. That is perfectly possible here. Is that really that hard for you to understand?

I know their costumes and shiny badges and general wannabe-badass demeanor are awe-inspiring to your servile brain, but really, they're just humans, and the institution to which they belong operates on faulty premises using counter-productive practices.

Not to mention, this is AMERICA. "Innocent until proven guilty" is the foundational principle of our justice system. That means, yes, even the most vile "thugs" accused of rape, murder, etc., are to be presumed innocent until their guilt is established beyond any reasonable doubt in a court of law.
Your thread was debunked very early. Your anti-cop agenda is obvious. Keep whining about police officers. Make sure you do not conform with any requests when being pulled over. It will probably work out well for you.

Old 07-25-2015, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Your thread was debunked very early. Your anti-cop agenda is obvious. Keep whining about police officers. Make sure you do not conform with any requests when being pulled over. It will probably work out well for you.
It is not a "request" when it carries the threat of death behind it. Land of the free.

Old 07-25-2015, 09:21 AM

Quote:
It is not a "request" when it carries the threat of death behind it. Land of the free.
If you are referring to the lady that died in jail it was suicide.

Old 07-25-2015, 09:23 AM

Quote:
If you are referring to the lady that died in jail it was suicide.
You really do love government. I'm going to presume you're either a liberal or conservative. Either way, you trust their narrative, you respect their authority, and you conform to their demands. America was founded by people exactly the opposite of you. If you don't like the traditions of this nation, you're always welcome to go somewhere else.

Old 07-25-2015, 10:12 AM

675 posts, read 723,576 times
Hasn't our country got more violent in general ? Baltimore certainly has. Even before Freddie Grays death the murder rate was way out of line. And who is doing the killings ?

Old 07-25-2015, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by debold4215 View Post
Hasn't our country got more violent in general ? Baltimore certainly has. Even before Freddie Grays death the murder rate was way out of line. And who is doing the killings ?
No, violent crime is approaching all-time-lows. Here's a Fox News article by an avowed conservative gun-rights defender that disproves that narrative:

There is no nationwide crime wave (and police killings are not up) | Fox News

Old 07-25-2015, 10:37 AM

12,883 posts, read 13,984,298 times
Quote:
You really do love government. I'm going to presume you're either a liberal or conservative. Either way, you trust their narrative, you respect their authority, and you conform to their demands. America was founded by people exactly the opposite of you. If you don't like the traditions of this nation, you're always welcome to go somewhere else.
*sniff sniff*... I smell an agenda.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events