Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2015, 02:35 PM

5,792 posts, read 5,107,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
he's fat? he doesn't look very fat to me.

looks like he took his website down.

Dr. Walter J. Palmer, DDS | Bloomington Dentist - River Bluff Dental
Ok, I'll go PC...He is "big boned"....a scum with big bones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2015, 02:36 PM

50,288 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ummagumma View Post
He's a hunter. He deserves to be skinned alive, cut to pieces, fed to the hyenas, have his life destroyed and wife and kids driven to suicide, with people forming pressure groups and donating money to the cause to make sure the rest of his and his family's lives is filled with misery and pain, all in the name of humanity and compassion to animals.

They love animals so much...
You should see a therapist. /sarcasm/

Last edited by 1AngryTaxPayer; 07-28-2015 at 02:48 PM..

Old 07-28-2015, 02:36 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,647,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpm1 View Post
And that is extremely vague. Did they drive through the park in a truck with a piece of meat hanging of the back with this specific lion following or did they bait outside of the park and did this lion stumble upon it?

Scenario 2 is far more likely. Tho scenario 1 is not impossible.

Beyond scenario 1 being the case I am not seeing the problem.
What difference does it make if Cecil or any other lion were baited to leave the park?

Why didn't this 'mighty hunter' actually go out into the wild and HUNT a lion?

Because he's a wuss, that's why. I will not comment further on his character ...

Old 07-28-2015, 02:37 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,414,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
The article I read stated that they tied the baited meat to the back of the truck (maybe bumper) and with it lured him out of the park. We can only go with the information we have but it seems like you are thinking that he is the innocent one here. I do not know about in Africa but in some countries there are rules on how close the bait can be outside of a National Park.
Thinking he is innocent? No.

Thinking he should not be harangued before any legal matters? Yes.

There are way to many variables here to be condemning this guy. That he was relying on his guides to follow the law is extremely plausible.

Baiting is an extremely common hunting practice.

Old 07-28-2015, 02:39 PM

2,565 posts, read 1,643,074 times
Quote:
Baiting is legal in the US. I imagine it is also legal in Africa. It is far more likely this specific lion just happened to be in the area and was baited. They were not in the preserve. Barring baiting being illegal, I dont see the problem with their baiting in a legal area to hunt.

Hunting an endangered species is not illegal.

Legal trophy hunting is responsible for an INCREASE in available habitat to these animals, I have provided citations above. Legal trophy hunting is a tremendously effective conservation technique because of that.
How about these creeps donate the money to aid conservation, instead of making it contingent on killing a rare animal? But I guess that wouldn't make any sense to trophy hunting psychopaths because to them, it's all about the killing and hanging a dead animal on the wall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ummagumma View Post
And that's why there are permits and licenses and licensed regulated hunting guides.

Unless it's known that this guy deliberately and knowingly engaged in illegal behavior, it's more likely that he paid the fees to have everything done by the book (Purchased permit, hired a licensed local company) and was unknowingly set up by Zimbabwe's corrupt system. But because of this "every trophy hunter is a low life that deserves to be skinned alive" attitude, none of it really matters, he's been already sentenced in the court of the radical public opinion.

Of course if it wasn't for the trophy hunters there wouldn't be as many national parks here or in Africa... A little tidbit of information most people refuse to acknowledge.

I wonder if the rabid posters calling for the total destruction of this guy's life give two hoots about murders of white farmers that are a daily occurrence under Zimbabwe's brutal, corrupt tribal government. Most likely not, since these farmers are not cute fluffy animals.

Cookies must be enabled. | The Australian

Zimbabwe white farmers must fight or flee | Daily Mail Online
What does that have to do with this thread? If you want to focus attention on farmers being murdered, why not start your own thread about that subject?

Old 07-28-2015, 02:40 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,414,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatTX View Post
How about these creeps donate the money to aid conservation, instead of making it contingent on killing a rare animal? But I guess that wouldn't make any sense to trophy hunting psychopaths because to them, it's all about the killing and hanging a dead animal on the wall.

Different strokes for different folks. But obviously thats not ok with you.

Old 07-28-2015, 02:42 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,647,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatTX View Post
What does that have to do with this thread? If you want to focus attention on farmers being murdered, why not start your own thread about that subject?
Thanks for adding that. I was going to bring it up also, since that poster tried to deflect another thread about Cecil with the same information.

Old 07-28-2015, 02:44 PM

2,565 posts, read 1,643,074 times
Quote:
Different strokes for different folks. But obviously thats not ok with you.
Psychopathic behavior is never okay.

Old 07-28-2015, 02:45 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,932,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenSparkles View Post
Of course now Walter Palmer puts all the blame on his guides:

Zimbabwe lion killed by Minnesota dentist: Walter Palmer says he relied on local guides.
Ultimately is doesn't matter. He's the sick $%$# who get's a thrill from killing other living, sentient beings. Such people aren't playing with a full deck. That animal died due to his blood lust.

Old 07-28-2015, 02:51 PM

50,288 posts, read 47,043,365 times
I don't consider hunting over bait hunting but it can be legal. This guy has a history of breaking F&W laws though. Most hunters look down on big money types like this that need a guide and kill stuff over bait.

Actually, it makes the rest of us look bad in the eyes of the ignorant who will lump us all together. I hunt and I never waste anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events