Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2015, 11:18 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,623,058 times

Advertisements

I seem to be a consummate rarity, here, as a non anti hunting person, that sees all hunters through the prism of guys like this dentist. This thread, truly, is a bandwagon. The vast majority of hunters, see this type of thing as disgusting as anti hunters, and as most folks do. Why, I ask, should I, be labeled as this clown? I'm not a money bags, "pillar of the community"( like the guy I described in my earlier post), with connections in the state. Or like this dentist.

As I said, the individual who shot the ram I described, I hated, and still HATE, with zeal. I don't use the term "hate" lightly. And, I am , and have been a hunter. Since I cannot pursue hunting, as it should be done, anymore, I have not been afield in a while. But I wish I could.

I would see folks not be SL emotionally driven to despise hunters, as a whole, because of clowns like this. Stove up as I am, if anyone put me in the same class as this dentist, or especially as the guy I cited, they would find themselves layed out..cold.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2015, 11:18 AM

431 posts, read 449,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
I seem to be a consummate rarity, here, as a non anti hunting person, that sees all hunters through the prism of guys like this dentist. This thread, truly, is a bandwagon. The vast majority of hunters, see this type of thing as disgusting as anti hunters, and as most folks do.
Honestly, though, there's a lot of hunters like this. They just can't afford the big game hunts. For instance, with duck hunting, you can go out to a field in Wisconsin where a guy just throws ducks up for you and then you shoot them. Same type of situation with hog hunting in the Carolinas. Outside of Vegas you used to be able to pay to shoot a cow with a machine gun...

Old 07-28-2015, 11:19 AM

3,038 posts, read 2,413,204 times
Dont really see the cause for hyperventilation so many are having. It was a legal hunt. The country authorized the hunt. The people benefit from trophy hunting. The meat is almost certainly consumed (assumption).

Does deer hunting offend you all this much?

Old 07-28-2015, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Schroeder View Post
Honestly, though, there's a lot of hunters like this. They just can't afford the big game hunts. For instance, with duck hunting, you can go out to a field in Wisconsin where a guy just throws ducks up for you and then you shoot them. Same type of situation with hog hunting in the Carolinas. Outside of Vegas you used to be able to pay to shoot a cow with a machine gun...
Hogs are an invasive species. The cow thing is pretty gross. Throw the ducks? Never heard of that.

Old 07-28-2015, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
I seem to be a consummate rarity, here, as a non anti hunting person, that sees all hunters through the prism of guys like this dentist. This thread, truly, is a bandwagon. The vast majority of hunters, see this type of thing as disgusting as anti hunters, and as most folks do. Why, I ask, should I, be labeled as this clown? I'm not a money bags, "pillar of the community"( like the guy I described in my earlier post), with connections in the state. Or like this dentist.

As I said, the individual who shot the ram I described, I hated, and still HATE, with zeal. I don't use the term "hate" lightly. And, I am , and have been a hunter. Since I cannot pursue hunting, as it should be done, anymore, I have not been afield in a while. But I wish I could.

I would see folks not be SL emotionally driven to despise hunters, as a whole, because of clowns like this. Stove up as I am, if anyone put me in the same class as this dentist, or especially as the guy I cited, they would find themselves layed out..cold.
What makes the lions life more valuable than the deers?

Old 07-28-2015, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpm1 View Post
Hogs are an invasive species.
I know that, but corralling them and shooting them fish in a barrel style does is not very sporting.

Old 07-28-2015, 11:23 AM

Quote:
I know that, but corralling them and shooting them fish in a barrel style does is not very sporting.
Why should dealing with an invasive species be sporting? Tho plenty do sportingly hunt hog.

Hog do huge amounts of crop damage in the US. Farmers dont have time for sport.

Old 07-28-2015, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpm1 View Post
Why should dealing with an invasive species be sporting? Tho plenty do sportingly hunt hog.

Hog do huge amounts of crop damage in the US. Farmers dont have time for sport.
If the owners of these hunts are concerned about the hogs being an invasive species, why don't they just kill the hogs, instead of let them run around and breed on their land?

Old 07-28-2015, 11:31 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,985,550 times
It's one thing to hunt for food. We have to eat. But to kill something just for the sake of it, and for sport is plain wrong.

Old 07-28-2015, 11:35 AM

Quote:
If the owners of these hunts are concerned about the hogs being an invasive species, why don't they just kill the hogs, instead of let them run around and breed on their land?
They do kill the hogs....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events