Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2015, 02:57 PM

2,565 posts, read 1,642,730 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ummagumma View Post
No, he's been attacked by an angry mob of internet busybodies smelling blood and feeling invincible behind their (supposed) anonymity, and a very large proportion of them just wants to hunt down and destroy someone and this story is just an excuse for them.

If you feel it's OK to destroy someone's life before all facts are in... well, perhaps one day this should happen to you. Karma is a *****, you know.
Same as the busybodies who are hell-bent on controlling the reproduction and sexuality of strangers? And incite violence toward abortion doctors and blow up abortion clinics?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2015, 03:03 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,058,499 times
everything I ever need to know of life, I learned from watching BBC documentaries

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=sglyFwTjfDU

Old 07-31-2015, 03:08 PM

24,120 posts, read 32,475,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
If you don't see anything wrong with this.... You go in the sociopath column with the good doctor.
Killing for fun is not something that human beings should do. Killing to survive, protect, feed a family, etc. Those things are what human beings do. Killing animals for fun, starting fires, and bed wetting are signs of a potential serial killer. I guess we are lucky he had the bucks to contain his blood lust to the animal kingdom.
This is pretty much how I feel. The triad of behaviors you reference is more fully discussed here.

.https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...203/triad-evil

Old 07-31-2015, 03:13 PM

847 posts, read 766,922 times
People used to Hunt because they needed food.

or they used to scare Big animals to protect their Domestic Animals.

Now we have these sick ****s who fly to another country and pay some one's one year salary to kill

a defense animal. that he can't eat to begin with.

Old 07-31-2015, 03:15 PM

2,851 posts, read 2,302,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatTX View Post
Same as the busybodies who are hell-bent on controlling the reproduction and sexuality of strangers? And incite violence toward abortion doctors and blow up abortion clinics?
Yes, and I was pointing to this similarity from the start. And the hypocrisy as the majority of those opposed to hunting also tend to be pro-choice and would be outraged if the same destroy-their-life tactic was used against and abortion doctor. At least pro-choicers don't usually hide behind Internet user names, they physically go out there and get arrested.

Old 07-31-2015, 03:28 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,030,698 times
Although I am NOT a hunter, I am not opposed to hunting for those who follow the rules......

What this dentist did this time and likely many other times previously, was NOT hunting by ANY stretch of the imagination..... It was nothing short of killing for fun and bragging rights....

Has anyone else noticed that the hunting guide said that after the lion was FINALLY killed and skinned and beheaded, the good dentist wanted to go find an elephant to kill..... but they couldn't find one big enough to suit his desires..... and the guide didn't think it likely that they would..... so he came on back home.....

Old 07-31-2015, 03:29 PM

8,893 posts, read 5,371,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
How can you claim any moral high ground when you have contributed to someone else being put in danger?
I have seen no evidence anyone's life is in danger because of my post.

Melodrama much?

Old 07-31-2015, 03:38 PM

15,530 posts, read 10,501,555 times
Have the peons burned down his house yet?

Old 07-31-2015, 03:55 PM

21,474 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
I have seen no evidence anyone's life is in danger because of my post.

Melodrama much?
That's only because he had to go in hiding. I think the guy's a d-bag, but I don't like this new practice of destroying lives and livelihoods because we don't agree with something a person does. Darren Wilson was proven to have been using self defense, and yet his life was destroyed. The man who posted video of him berating an employee at Chic-Fil-A lost his job and hasn't been able to find gainful employment since. The guy who co-founded Mozilla Firefox was forced to resign from his own company because he donated money to a cause that was so popular at the time that it passed with a clear majority and every politician at the time said they agreed with (marriage between a man and a woman). I could go on and on about the mob mentality destroying lives, but hopefully my point is clear. If what these people did was wrong, then we might as well put them in prison because we have destroyed them just the same...and their innocent family members as well.

Old 07-31-2015, 04:06 PM

21,474 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatTX View Post
Even if you agree with the availability of abortion, you have to admit that in their minds they are no different than the animal rights activists. They believe that abortion is murder. They are advocating for humans who have no voice and aren't even considered human. And yet, it is their very humanity that makes their baby organs so valuable to medical researchers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events