Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2015, 06:02 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,558,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ummagumma View Post
Oh, God, the irony !

What makes you different from the Pro-Life people who block the abortion clinics ? At least they are consistent. I bet half of the rabid anti-hunters here enjoy their steak with fries.
How is it that you cannot discern the difference between hunting for meat & trophy hunting? Are you deliberately being obtuse?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2015, 06:02 PM

2,565 posts, read 1,642,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
Did you read what you wrote?

"...finally tracked him down..."

Ever track a wounded animal? Now think lion, not hamster or chicken. Not a rabbit or squirrel. A lion.

The creep has done more for animals by paying high fees than you've ever done.

Of course if you have factual information to prove otherwise, please lets get it out for discussion.
First of all, no, I have never tracked a wounded animal because I have never wounded an animal, and neither have the hunters I know because, unlike this inept psycho creep, they know what they are doing and only shoot when a clean kill is assured.

Furthermore, WTF do you know about what I have done or not done for animals?? Donations, rescues, TNR, free web hosting and web designing for rescue sites, volunteering for a wildlife rescue (to include big cats who were rescued from the backyards of idiots), and plenty more. What have you done?

And also, F right off with your "Now think lion, not hamster or chicken. Not a rabbit or squirrel. A lion." condescending BS. As for factual information, I have the same information as everyone else who has read all the posted links regarding the lion murder.

Old 07-28-2015, 06:04 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Did you read what you wrote?

"...finally tracked him down..."

Ever track a wounded animal? Now think lion, not hamster or chicken. Not a rabbit or squirrel. A lion.
Ehm - it was the a-hole who wounded the lion in the first place. In what possible world isn't it a hunter's first and foremost obligation to minimize the pain and suffering of his intended prey? But noooo, our dentist had to get his jollies by using more primitive weaponry and then he botched the job. They had to use a gun - after, to recap, the lion had been in pain for 40 hours. And M'bwana, Great White Hunter, still wanted his trophy.

The fact that he's been found guilty of poaching before is just the crowning turd in the waterpipe.

Old 07-28-2015, 06:05 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
No, not his pride. Lionesses are much more aggressive than male lions.

Now another male lion will take over the pride. It will not kill the females.

It WILL kill all of the cubs sired by Cecil.

The lionesses do the hunting but they are not more aggressive when it comes to male lions. The male lions are the protectors and the ones who kick the males out of the pride when they start to sprout a mane, at about age two.

All the cubs sired by Cecil and the other male lion in their two prides will be killed by Cecil because he will not be able to protect them on his own.

Quote:
Dr Andrew Loveridge, one of the principal researchers on the project, told the publication that Cecil and another male lion named Jericho led two prides with six lionesses and a dozen young cubs, and he feared for the safety of the cubs now Cecil had been killed.
"Jericho as a single male will be unable to defend the two prides and cubs from new males that invade the territory. This is what we most often see happening in these cases. Infanticide is the most likely outcome," he said.

Old 07-28-2015, 06:08 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,951,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Ehm - it was the a-hole who wounded the lion in the first place. In what possible world isn't it a hunter's first and foremost obligation to minimize the pain and suffering of his intended prey? But noooo, our dentist had to get his jollies by using more primitive weaponry and then he botched the job. They had to use a gun - after, to recap, the lion had been in pain for 40 hours. And M'bwana, Great White Hunter, still wanted his trophy.

The fact that he's been found guilty of poaching before is just the crowning turd in the waterpipe.
Apparently you know very little about what you're talking about. There is a difference between intent and result.

I guess you think he tied to wound the lion instead of kill it outright huh? Good logic there.

The best hunters and the best shooters can wound an animal instead of kill it outright. We have soldiers who shoot in a day that than most hunters will in a lifetime and yet they wound more enemy than they kill. How does that happen and do you think it is some 100% thing when a hunter shoots at an animal that they will always kill it outright?

My goodness, read what you write.

Want to bet that if a person in the USA is convicted of a crime you are on the side of giving them another chance and that convictions should be expunged after a certain time?

What does what he did before have to do with not hitting the animal so that it died right away? Absolutely - nothing.

Old 07-28-2015, 06:09 PM

8,893 posts, read 5,371,263 times
Quote:

The creep has done more for animals by paying high fees than you've ever done.
Anyone live in Minnesota, and know a Singing Telegram office? Perhaps we could hire a bunch to trot over to this characters office and sing a tribute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9G90h-ay2U

Old 07-28-2015, 06:11 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,647,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
The lionesses do the hunting but they are not more aggressive when it comes to male lions. The male lions are the protectors and the ones who kick the males out of the pride when they start to sprout a mane, at about age two.

All the cubs sired by Cecil and the other male lion in their two prides will be killed by Cecil because he will not be able to protect them on his own.
I'm not quite understanding.

The other male, Jericho, will kill Cecil's cubs AND his own cubs?

(I'm assuming that you meant Jericho, since Cecil is dead)

Old 07-28-2015, 06:16 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,647,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Anyone live in Minnesota, and know a Singing Telegram office? Perhaps we could hire a bunch to trot over to this characters office and sing a tribute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9G90h-ay2U
Perfect!

Old 07-28-2015, 06:17 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,951,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatTX View Post
First of all, no, I have never tracked a wounded animal because I have never wounded an animal, and neither have the hunters I know because, unlike this inept psycho creep, they know what they are doing and only shoot when a clean kill is assured.

Furthermore, WTF do you know about what I have done or not done for animals?? Donations, rescues, TNR, free web hosting and web designing for rescue sites, volunteering for a wildlife rescue (to include big cats who were rescued from the backyards of idiots), and plenty more. What have you done?

And also, F right off with your "Now think lion, not hamster or chicken. Not a rabbit or squirrel. A lion." condescending BS. As for factual information, I have the same information as everyone else who has read all the posted links regarding the lion murder.
The first thing any hunter will tell you, unless they are liars, is that there is no such thing as an assured clean kill.

You are telling stories I think. No hunter would tell you a clean kill is assured, only that they think they have the best chance at one. There are no certainties.

Where you there, do you know what he saw? Was he using a rifle or a crossbow?

Talk to the "hunters" you say you know. Ask them if they use a crossbow or bow and then ask them how soon after being hit with an arrow or bolt does the animal die? Rarely, very rarely do they fall where hit.

You'd know that if what you said was true. But since you don't seem to know, I'll explain:

A bolt or arrow from a crossbow or bow bleeds the animal to death. How fast depends on many variables, where the animal was hit, the state of the animal, relaxed or stressed and so on. Many factors affect how the bolt or arrow flies, the distance, the wind and so on. The wind can change during the flight of the bolt or arrow and thus change where the bolt or arrow hits. Likewise the animal can at the last instant, move too.

Obviously, you're talking from some emotion because you saw fit to start cursing at me. Suddenly, everything you said becomes worthless because you can't find it to discuss this and need to curse at people. Shame on you.

Old 07-28-2015, 06:21 PM

8,893 posts, read 5,371,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post

Speaking of water, this appears to be a problem for our mighty hunter as well.

Twin Cities dentist admits killing beloved lion, thought he was acting legally - StarTribune.com

" In the spring of 2003, Palmer also was convicted in Otter Tail County in western Minnesota and paid a small fine for fishing without a license, a misdemeanor."

I would have thought stamp collecting might prove to be less a problem for this guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events