Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2015, 03:16 PM

19,869 posts, read 12,162,307 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
That's not new. If you look at the records, young white males are now experiencing a 38 percent arrest rate. That's only half the rate of young black males, but 38 percent ought to be getting someone's attention.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
You misunderstand my point. Forget about the arrest rate of young blacks, just look at the arrest rate for young whites.

Thirty-eight percent is freaking huge. Thirty-eight percent of young white youth are being taken into custody by police. What is happening there?
Can you post a link? It would help us follow your posts.

Old 08-03-2015, 03:27 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,971,061 times
Unnamed sources? And from a former cop who is part of the thin blue line?

The John Cardillo Show on 1290 WJNO

Quote:
John is a contributor and analyst for Glenn Beck, Dr. Drew, NRA News

Old 08-03-2015, 03:35 PM

28,707 posts, read 18,875,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Can you post a link? It would help us follow your posts.
Study: Half of black males, 40 percent of white males arrested by age 23 | EurekAlert! Science News

Almost 40 percent of white males are arrested by age 23...while other reports indicate that crime is actually going down significantly.

Old 08-03-2015, 06:31 PM

42,876 posts, read 26,413,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
Unnamed sources? And from a former cop who is part of the thin blue line?

The John Cardillo Show on 1290 WJNO
Thanks! That pretty much tells me everything I need to know about the 'unnamed source'.

Old 08-03-2015, 06:33 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,487,573 times
That cop watched too many Hollywood movies on police, sad situation. I never seen any video like that before it was horrific.

Old 08-03-2015, 07:11 PM

51,030 posts, read 36,749,051 times
They just showed video from one of the other cops body cameras and it is clear this is pure murder IMO. When they play it in slo-mo, it looks very much like the guy had his hands in the air when he was shot, and it is clear he wasn't dragged (the other cops now say they never saw him dragged).

They also showed another video of the same cop in a similar stop last year (the men who got stopped posted it online). This man pulls them over because the rear bumper is hanging down 2 inches, and demands id and they say why, what did we do? And the cop never tells them and starts demanding they get out of the car. They end up refusing and asking for a supervisor, which they have every right too, but it is clear this cop just likes harassing black men for stupid infractions and throwing his weight around.

In the cop's last performance eval, they specifically said he spent too much time on traffic infractions and not enough on community policing and recommended he focus less on traffic citations...so I have a feeling there were many complaints about him. The guy that was killed was pulled over for a hanging license plate or some other ridiculously minor infraction.

The cops is out on bail and has been fired and the union is demanding all his back pay and vacation pay as well as fighting the firing.

Old 08-04-2015, 12:35 AM

16,912 posts, read 10,624,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
War on Cops The only war is the one declared on blacks by the police.
Show men where the cops are marching down the street chanting "What do we want? Dead black people! When do we want them? Now!" Show me where a cop intentionally kills a black person because he is black and the other cops say "He should have killed more!"

Old 08-04-2015, 02:04 AM

2,261 posts, read 1,143,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Show men where the cops are marching down the street chanting "What do we want? Dead black people! When do we want them? Now!" Show me where a cop intentionally kills a black person because he is black and the other cops say "He should have killed more!"
Show me video where black people that do all this chanting actually go and kill cops. Or the exorbitant data where it happens.

Show me the videos where black people kill cops, claim they "feared for their lives" and dont get convicted because the prosecutor sets up the grand jury not to indict...in a justice system where a prosecutor can indict a ham sandwich.

Keep in mind, the people started chanting angry because the police have been getting away with murder for quite a long time, not because of a rash of police killings by black people. As deplorable as chanting for dead cops is, Chanting "Change laws now" wont get the attention of the sensationalist media. Not the smart way to get policies to change, but the change is building up.

The real problem, is brutality, and this is the way to fix it.

What I Did After Police Killed My Son - Michael Bell - POLITICO Magazine

Old 08-04-2015, 03:57 AM

7,138 posts, read 11,052,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Show me where black people are marching and chanting anything close to that, regarding LEOs. You can't, because that's not happening.

As for cops, they don't need to chant. They have the gun, they have the badge, they have the power to do it. They just do it, they don't need to march or chant. They just shoot, and worry about video evidence later.

Old 08-04-2015, 06:38 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,066,593 times
I am not sure the shooting wasn't justified. It looks to me as if the shot was fired after the car started moving and a car can move pretty fast after a second or two compared to someone on foot who may have been somehow unable to get away. But...
I don't see how that above matters much to the case. If he was not being "dragged by the car" a few pounds of pot and a fleeing suspect doesn't justified the shooting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events