Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2015, 08:20 PM

8,267 posts, read 3,516,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
The NRA has a long history of fighting any kind of common sense gun regulation including background checks. Which is the reason that crazy people have such an easy time getting guns.
There are already background checks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2015, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk55732 View Post
And was Bryce Williams crazy? I havent found anything saying he was.
He wasn't crazy. He was a black racist who wanted to kill others. He had a bad moral character. Has nothing to do with mental illness.

Old 08-28-2015, 08:24 PM

19,070 posts, read 14,002,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk55732 View Post
A better question would be if the NRA as a whole supported threatened people's lives with violence.
Well we already know the answer to this one. My questions remains: has an NRA member ever become a threat to a person who has spoken out against guns? If not, then the poster who said so is just another lefty-loon spouting nonsense.

Old 08-28-2015, 08:26 PM

5,222 posts, read 3,026,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Well we already know the answer to this one. My questions remains: has an NRA member ever become a threat to a person who has spoken out against guns? If not, then the poster who said so is just another lefty-loon spouting nonsense.
My point is that if you look at enough NRA members you will find at least one who threatened someone.

Old 08-28-2015, 08:26 PM

19,070 posts, read 14,002,182 times
Quote:
People are not buying it anymore.
Wrong:

Despite lower crime rates, support for gun rights increases | Pew Research Center

Old 08-28-2015, 08:28 PM

7,138 posts, read 11,043,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
There are already background checks.
And so many loopholes that any idiot can buy any gun he wants with no background check.

Old 08-28-2015, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
The mentally ill have the right to protect themselves with a firearm like everyone else. Most mentally ill don't go on to commit murder.
It's just a way for those with power to disarm the dissidents. Label anyone who disagrees with your goals and philosophies as mentally ill. Pass laws saying the mentally ill have no rights. Lock them up. Exterminate them if you feel like it. Just like Hitler and those of similar ilk. Can't happen here? Those in other countries didn't think it could happen there, either.

Old 08-28-2015, 08:34 PM

8,056 posts, read 10,654,744 times
Quote:
The US doesn't have an unusually high number of sick people, compared to other countries. But the US does have an unusually high number of sick people who are armed.

The guns don't kill people argument is getting old. People are not buying it anymore.
OK, I'm over 50. During my lifetime, we have always bad the freedom to bear arms, and that, obviously, goes for generations before mine also. But we have never had the amount of gun violence, and not just guns, but violence in general, that we have experienced in recent times. Something beyond the "right to bear arms" is going on here, Whether we want to face that fact or not, is the real issue. Something in our culture is causing compassion, empathy, and self-responsibility to evaporate. There is no way to "legislate" that. That is my point in general. If not guns, nuts bent on hurting and harming others will still find a way. What we are facing is a morality meltdown, not a legislative one.

No easy fix this kind of reality we are dealing with. No easy fix. This guy had photos of himself on his refrigerator and throughout his apartment so he could look at himself. Facebook and other social media have nurtured the narcissistic personality type. Everything is everybody's business, or so it seems. A watermelon brought to work to share is a sign of "racism". Really? What bull crap. I guess fried chicken is offensive to somebody, somewhere, also. Everybody is into everybody else's business, but yet everyone is offended by everybody else. Our culture is sick. Look at it for what it really is, and you will see how sick it really is, unfortunately. Not the America, or the culture, I grew up in (and thankfully so). I feel for my children. What a crappy world today.

Old 08-28-2015, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Ok, so what's the compromise part of your offer? What do we get? Because, correct me if I am wrong, but the definition of "compromise" implies that both sides receive some benefit. Unfortunately, time and time again, we've learned that there is a much different definition at work when a gun grabber uses the word "compromise"...
The gunphobe side doesn't want compromise. It wants appeasement. The more you appease them the more appeasement they shall desire.

Old 08-28-2015, 08:39 PM

1,170 posts, read 1,026,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
The gunphobe side doesn't want compromise. It wants appeasement. The more you appease them the more appeasement they shall desire.
"Gunphobe"? Rational people are afraid of guns. That's kind of the point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events