Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2015, 06:39 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,161,028 times

Advertisements

So what's been happening on the Masai front? It used to be that every male candidate for adulthood had to kill a charging lion with a spear. If any of them still do that, CNN ought to follow each of them around for months and the world tabloids should humiliate them every day.

Old 09-11-2015, 06:53 PM

46,263 posts, read 27,085,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk55732 View Post
Unless you have another link, to read that specific article requires a paying subscription.

*edit* or is this the link?

http://wormlab.biology.dal.ca/public...superpredator/
Well, I guess someone has to figure out what your talking about...

Obviously you did not feel you needed to do it. Congrats on letting someone else prove your point, you must be used to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teilhard View Post
Bingo … !!!

"Science" is available to AAAS members … and in the public library ...
Funny, but you seem to think that it's o.k. to throw out "words" and then say, I don't have to provide a link, you find it....

However, the link you did not provide and someone else did, is not that great a link...the below quote is from you link:

Quote:
"rates at which humans exploit adult land mammals and marine fish vastly exceeds the impacts of other predator"

WOW....that is amazing, how many coyotes are there that kill deer in the United States?

Better yet, lets compare the number of Coyotes vs. the number of people who hunt Deer hunters in the United States...

Sorry, but the link that you did not provide and someone else did, does nothing for your argument, and goes against what you are attempting to say....

But that O.K., go ahead and throw commercial fishing into the mix also, like your link does and then attempt to push that towards Trophy hunting/fishing...

LOL...

Old 09-11-2015, 06:59 PM

2,526 posts, read 1,592,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Why should I have to look, to prove you point? Why won't you just provide the link?
Go to: my post #1788 in the other thread about "Dentist Kills Zimbabwean Lion"

Old 09-11-2015, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Go to: my post #1788 in the other thread about "Dentist Kills Zimbabwean Lion"
No, not gonna go into another thread, if you have the link why not give it?

Unless you are saying that you just LIED about the other person who provided a link and you said it was...

But it must not have been...

WOW...

Why won't you provide a simple link that proves me wrong and you right?

Maybe you, as a biologist, are wrong, and like to play games, so you can, well play games....

No really, just search....no really go look here in another thread.....that's what I meant....

No go over here...no not there, over there....

Old 09-11-2015, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
So what's been happening on the Masai front? It used to be that every male candidate for adulthood had to kill a charging lion with a spear. If any of them still do that, CNN ought to follow each of them around for months and the world tabloids should humiliate them every day.
LOL …
I doubt that any young Masai warriors are paying big $$$ to travel to North America to kill a large fierce Mountain Lion ...

Old 09-11-2015, 07:11 PM

50,255 posts, read 47,017,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbkr5 View Post
I always loved the big cats at the zoo..........especially the lions, so proud and regal. Terrible thing to kill Cecil. That doc will catch certain hell for this but...........

another double standard here,

a certain NFL player tortures and murders helpless dogs, lies through his teeth about it, does time for it but, is a hero to many now?

Many idiots.
One legal, one lot legal.

The Dentist is no "hero" to anyone. He's just not the villain many are trying to portray him as. Many of us hunt and want to zip it before the bunny huggers and mall dwellers paint us all with the same brush.

Old 09-11-2015, 07:13 PM

Quote:
No, not gonna go into another thread, if you have the link why not give it?

Unless you are saying that you just LIED about the other person who provided a link and you said it was...

But it must not have been...

WOW...

Why won't you provide a simple link that proves me wrong and you right?

Maybe you, as a biologist, are wrong, and like to play games, so you can, well play games....

No really, just search....no really go look here in another thread.....that's what I meant....

No go over here...no not there, over there....
I don't read "Science" weekly via "links" …
My journal comes in the postal mail, printed on flattened dead trees (paper) …

I quoted from the article in the post I mentioned (above) …

*whatever*

Old 09-11-2015, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
One legal, one lot legal.

The Dentist is no "hero" to anyone. He's just not the villain many are trying to portray him as. Many of us hunt and want to zip it before the bunny huggers and mall dwellers paint us all with the same brush.
To the bold part: Which has few people completely stupefied in this thread...

Well, I'm a biologist...

So?

I'm a biologist....

Provide a link.

No, you go look for what I'm trying to prove....

Old 09-11-2015, 07:19 PM

Quote:
I don't read "Science" weekly via "links" …
My journal comes in the postal mail, printed on flattened dead trees (paper) …
So, you cannot back anything up you said, you want us to believe you because you say you are a biologist?

Well, think about this, I was your teacher during your schooling to become a biologist....You know it's true or is it not?

Quote:
I quoted from the article in the post I mentioned (above) …

*whatever*
You don't read links....right....

Old 09-11-2015, 08:06 PM

Quote:
So, you cannot back anything up you said, you want us to believe you because you say you are a biologist?

Well, think about this, I was your teacher during your schooling to become a biologist....You know it's true or is it not?

You don't read links....right....
As I already informed you, I am not interested in engaging in a p*ssing contest with you …
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events