Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2015, 04:30 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,359,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Just because you do doesn't mean everyone else does.
All of the dead animals in time are eaten.

Even if it is maggots and worms.

Old 09-10-2015, 04:30 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,131,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teilhard View Post
The guides do what they feel they have to do to rake in the $$$ from the rich North American Great White Hunters …
So, why is it the Great White Hunters fault?

Quote:
Of course, a "john" will always plead, "I had no idea …" when a pimp's actions come to light … "Honestly, I thought it was all perfectly legitimate …"
A pimp is called a pimp for a reason, and it's not because it's thought to be illegal, that is a very bad comparison...

Quote:
Do you know that the dentist-hunter guy in question also illegally unethically bagged a bear over in Wisconsin … ???
Yup, what do you want me to say? He was wrong in that instance, of course he was...and he paid the price. Are you against him paying the price or what are you saying?

Quote:
But … calm yourself … Take a couple deep breaths … You seem to have a lot of emotional energy invested in this … Do you feel guilty/anxious about your own participation in this kind of activity … ???
Nope, again, just as you tried the "I'm jealous" of your "degree", I get tired of people such as you who answer questions they can answer and when they cannot answer a question they just bury it, are you sure you're real name is not hillary?

If I had the money to do it and I was offered the chance to kill a lion, and I HAD GUIDES, damn right I would do it, and I would listen to the guides.

See that's the problem, it was the guides, not the dentist...notice how you once again avoided that question from a previous post...

Old 09-10-2015, 04:42 PM

2,526 posts, read 1,595,872 times
Quote:
Have you heard of the food chain? There are other species that exploit yet other species for their own gain too.
Yes …

But unfortunately for us, we imagine ourselves to be LORDS of Nature and then act accordingly … foolishly ...

Old 09-10-2015, 04:46 PM

28,163 posts, read 25,322,169 times
Quote:
Yes …

But unfortunately for us, we imagine ourselves to be LORDS of Nature and then act accordingly … foolishly ...
You think if any other species were at the top, they'd act any differently?

Old 09-10-2015, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
So, why is it the Great White Hunters fault?

A pimp is called a pimp for a reason, and it's not because it's thought to be illegal, that is a very bad comparison...

Yup, what do you want me to say? He was wrong in that instance, of course he was...and he paid the price. Are you against him paying the price or what are you saying?

Nope, again, just as you tried the "I'm jealous" of your "degree", I get tired of people such as you who answer questions they can answer and when they cannot answer a question they just bury it, are you sure you're real name is not hillary?

If I had the money to do it and I was offered the chance to kill a lion, and I HAD GUIDES, damn right I would do it, and I would listen to the guides.

See that's the problem, it was the guides, not the dentist...notice how you once again avoided that question from a previous post...
The North American Great White Hunters participate in a system of exploitation that is corrupt, as seen in this latest scandal … and it was not the first/only time for the dentist guy, who previously had illegally taken a bear in Wisconsin …

The problem is not just the guides … or the locals .. or the hunters … but rather, the system of arrogant deliberate abuse of innocent Nature

It all is all the more appalling when the solemn assertions are made and assurances given, to "Cecil" and all others in similar circumstances, that, "You can trust us … This is for your own good, you know …"

Old 09-10-2015, 05:01 PM

10,770 posts, read 5,687,611 times
Quote:
The North American Great White Hunters participate in a system of exploitation that is corrupt, as seen in this latest scandal … and it was not the first/only time for the dentist guy, who previously had illegally taken a bear in Wisconsin …

The problem is not just the guides … or the locals .. or the hunters … but rather, the system of arrogant deliberate abuse of innocent Nature

It all is all the more appalling when the solemn assertions are made and assurances given, to "Cecil" and all others in similar circumstances, that, "You can trust us … This is for your own good, you know …"
Domestic beef cattle, pigs, and chickens suffer FAR more exploitation than any game species. Do you also direct your indignation at domestic producers of animals for human consumption? Or do they get a pass because you enjoy a steak or a burger, just like the next guy?

Old 09-10-2015, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaxPhd View Post
Domestic beef cattle, pigs, and chickens suffer FAR more exploitation than any game species. Do you also direct your indignation at domestic producers of animals for human consumption? Or do they get a pass because you enjoy a steak or a burger, just like the next guy?
Excellent point …

Yes, I generally object to abuse/exploitation of Nature in general …

I do go out of my way to try to eat responsibly, not least by eating less meat and more veggies, fruit and grains …

Old 09-10-2015, 05:19 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,359,408 times
Quote:
Excellent point …

Yes, I generally object to abuse/exploitation of Nature in general …

I do go out of my way to try to eat responsibly, not least by eating less meat and more veggies, fruit and grains …
Yet, even the keyboard you are using is made form animal by-products.

Even your shampoo.

Old 09-10-2015, 07:17 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,131,867 times
Quote:

For you to say this, knowing that "trophy" hunting has been in existence AND you being a Biologist, is such a sad acknowledgement from you.

What scandal? Where a person from the United States BOUGHT a permit and done what he was given the right to do? Yes, that is called FAKE outrage...congrats!!

Your solemn assertions happen thousands of times a year...not just in Africa, but here in the good old United States of America, sorry to disappoint you, but you being a Biologist should know this, right?

Where is your outrage about that?

Did you Google Boone and Crockett? Of course you did....are you surprised, why yes you are....

Old 09-10-2015, 08:16 PM

Quote:
You think if any other species were at the top, they'd act any differently?
Hypothetical …

But there appears to be a good chance that we are going to extinct ourselves ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events