Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2015, 03:19 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,994,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCrossroads View Post
The TSA agent sounded very crass: "If you are a man, then go back in the machine and we'll run you as a man." and that was followed by "If you don't want to be run as a man, we'll have to search you. Are you a man or a woman?"

The issue I see here is not the fact that she identifies as a woman while still having a penis, but the rude reaction/response from the TSA agent. She's not just some dude in a dress, and transgenderism is something has existed for a very long time. It's not something that was concocted on a whim.
This is what I wanted to see.

Thanks for sharing. I personally think the agent handled it fine but I was wondering if anyone felt like you do. I can see where you're coming from.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2015, 03:21 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,994,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
So she has a penis. Just an extraneous body part as far as she's concerned. *shrug* What are you kind and generous people here going to do with all that extra nastiness you carry around with you? Maybe you should consider lopping off your atrophied heads, that should fix the problem.

As to it beng a security issue, girl please.

None of you would defend the useless and inept TSA under any other circumstance.
I actually defend the TSA often. I think some agents with the TSA are flat out dumb and need to be fired yesterday, but I think airport security should be strict and no nonsense.

Old 09-22-2015, 03:22 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,637,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MauiPartTimer View Post
Way too late for that, I see. The Neanderthals who refuse to evolve, think the world is flat and insist not even trying to understand people who are different have already come out in full force on this one.

Any of you Einsteins who think it's as simple as "penis=man" ever heard of "intersex" or sexual ambiguity? Jeez people.
For trans -- I don't care what you think you are in your head. When the nice guy looking at the X-Ray asks if you're a male or female due to seeing a penis there, you respond male, or with "yes, I have a penis". I feel like a lot of Trans people bring these issues on themselves.

The rest of the world doesn't care about how you "feel" inside. If the situation is a black or white matter, you respond with what correlates to your biology.

Again, You aren't going to go to a gynecologist if you're a MTF trans.

Old 09-22-2015, 03:39 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,476,268 times
Quote:
The TSA agent sounded very crass: "If you are a man, then go back in the machine and we'll run you as a man." and that was followed by "If you don't want to be run as a man, we'll have to search you. Are you a man or a woman?"

The issue I see here is not the fact that she identifies as a woman while still having a penis, but the rude reaction/response from the TSA agent. She's not just some dude in a dress, and transgenderism is something has existed for a very long time. It's not something that was concocted on a whim.
Nonsense, the TSA agent isn't there to hold passenger's hands and make them feel good about themselves. He has a job to do, and he needs to be quick about it.

Old 09-22-2015, 03:45 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,089,458 times
Quote:

No, the bottom line in this (or any other) situation is the he *is* just some dude, complete with a penis, in a dress. How he feels about the facts does not change the facts. But he got his share of drama and should now be content.

Old 09-22-2015, 03:46 PM

2,067 posts, read 1,069,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Igot View Post
It took some real balls for her to go through this.
Exactly. She should've just played ball with them. The TSA agents that is.

Old 09-22-2015, 03:49 PM

1,615 posts, read 1,642,078 times
Sometimes these people dont realize the problems they are bringing on themselves. All I can suggest is pick what your primary is and will forever be and get the pat down whatever! If you have any left overs get rid of it,them whatever.Most of us dont want to have to listen to the whining and complaining from some choice you made. We care about everyones safety not about you maybe being insulted or embarrassed.

Old 09-22-2015, 03:54 PM

569 posts, read 780,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverunner17 View Post
For trans -- I don't care what you think you are in your head. When the nice guy looking at the X-Ray asks if you're a male or female due to seeing a penis there, you respond male, or with "yes, I have a penis". I feel like a lot of Trans people bring these issues on themselves.

The rest of the world doesn't care about how you "feel" inside. If the situation is a black or white matter, you respond with what correlates to your biology.

Again, You aren't going to go to a gynecologist if you're a MTF trans.
Things often aren't as simple as simple people want them to be. The point of my post clearly went over your head, so let's try again, "What about intersex people?" Are you aware that there are a number of people who have both lady parts and man parts, or have ambiguous genitalia?

Old 09-22-2015, 04:06 PM

7,321 posts, read 6,928,039 times
People know they are different and should accept the fact they are and let things be .Accept the special attention and fear due to these anomalies.
My brother has no left hand and wears a hook , he has to go through removing it all because something can be hidden with in the prosthesis.
It's no big deal, and he doesn't treat it as such.
Being deceptive, and on top of that making a big stink over it, makes a security all the more suspicious .
Being honest to begin with, makes all the difference in the world to security people.
I maintained a guard card for 2 years , doing security private/public .

Old 09-22-2015, 04:13 PM

1,615 posts, read 1,642,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MauiPartTimer View Post
Things often aren't as simple as simple people want them to be. The point of my post clearly went over your head, so let's try again, "What about intersex people?" Are you aware that there are a number of people who have both lady parts and man parts, or have ambiguous genitalia?
Then guess they will run into this same situation at some point in time. I know you mention this to make us feel many thousands are running around with alot of excess junk on them. Since it hasnt made headlines they may have already had the extra taken care of. Or they carry a card warning people theres several items on board.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events