Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2015, 11:14 AM

50,903 posts, read 24,404,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
How would you know?
Typically when someone holds the banner high for someone, they are identifying with that person or his or her ideals. Perhaps at a different level, but you usually wouldn't be outwardly and enthusiastically supportive of someone who you feel shares none of your own beliefs or values.

Old 09-30-2015, 11:18 AM

15,875 posts, read 21,463,892 times
Quote:
Why don't you go back and read what I was responding to and get the context, before you jump to false conclusions.
I see several posts implying that people hate Zimmerman because he's Hispanic (not white, which is incorrect) rather than because he, you know, killed a teenager who he was following at night, threatened his ex wife and ex girlfriend, and continues to brag about the death that came at his hands.

Old 09-30-2015, 12:11 PM

1,805 posts, read 2,369,318 times
What makes this really refreshing in a kind of way is that we are able to see him act out on his guilt and different kinds of manners.

I feel like someone like George Zimmerman will eventually be his own destruction in a sense we're just about everyone can see it coming from a mile away.

It's also funny watching the people that defended him be looked at as the fools they were being...and still are.

Old 09-30-2015, 12:25 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,574,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Are you posting here because you think it's ok for him to tweet that picture?
Did you even read my post? What do you think? I think it's clear in my wording that I find it heinous. Now, instead of deflecting yet again, why don't you stick to the topic.

Old 09-30-2015, 12:26 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,275,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
I see several posts implying that people hate Zimmerman because he's Hispanic (not white, which is incorrect) rather than because he, you know, killed a teenager who he was following at night, threatened his ex wife and ex girlfriend, and continues to brag about the death that came at his hands.
I agree. I can't speak for the posters that asserted this, but nearly all the people I know that dislike George Zimmerman dislike him not because he is Hispanic(I thought he was 1/2 white??) but because he killed a teenager, and once he was found not guilty he has continued to engage in distasteful activities that demonstrate that he is a pos.

Look even the people that believe that he was rightly found not guilty and acted in self defense, can affirm that George Zimmerman has continued to engage in negative behaviors that indicate a low moral compass. His race is irrelevant--it's his character and the type of person he has shown himself to be that creates the hatred people have for him.

Let's take for instance Casey Anthony. A lot of us were disappointed in the verdict. Some argued that "hey she wasn't found guilty by the court of law and the case was presented with all evidence indicating such, so I know she didn't do it". Some of the people dissapointed went so far as to come to Cindy and George's home harassing them, sending hate letters to Casey, death threats. What we saw in evidence was a woman that did not act the way a loving mother would when her child disappeared, we saw her partying, evidence that she committed fraud, was financially irresponsible, and was a liar. After the not guilty verdict, instead of taking George zimmermans path, she went into hiding and we have not heard a word about her since. Her parents and psychologist viewing the case labeled her with personality disorders, but whatever happened with her daughter, if she had something to do with it, and even if she did have a personality disorder she decided to stay out of the public eye.

George is similar to OJ, which means that eventually he will end up behind bars because he is not a good person and he continues to demonstrate that. His character is the reason people hate him.

Old 09-30-2015, 12:43 PM

7,006 posts, read 7,000,077 times
This needs to be quoted again for the cold hard truth. The fact that Eric Holder's DOJ could not find Zimmerman guilty of anything should tell you that this case is not how the media wanted you to see it. Stop being played by the race-baiting media.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonburgher View Post
I see so many people still hold ignorant opinions regarding the investigation, procedure, and verdict in the GZ trial, and still remain ignorant of some of the most basic principles of our American system of jurisprudence and the administration of justice.

How is it that today still, so many remain ignorant of the law of self defense, one of the oldest laws known to mankind?

How is it that so many posters here seem completely ignorant of the fact that the State must prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt in order to successfully prosecute one for an alleged crime?

How is it that even after a fully open trial, where a substantial volume of evidence was reviewed, and after considerable media attention was focused on both GZ and TM, some people still remain ignorant of the facts of the case?

GZ is a dope. But, he was still entitled to claim and show that he acted in self defense, and the facts and evidence admitted supported GZ's claim. And the evidence not admitted also supported GZ's claim!

Hate GZ all you want. But, realize, please, that his trial was a travesty only in that it was a political trial that should never have taken place, and understand that the legal justice system worked correctly in forcing the State to prove its charges beyond a reasonable doubt, which the State utterly and completely failed in doing.

You all should be praising the system for reaching the correct verdict and thankful that political trials/witch hunts are still not permitted in the US.

PS: If you think GZ was so obviously a racist and that he "acted" on such racism against TM, then why, after two years of intense investigation, did the DOJ not bring any civil rights charges against GZ?

I know the answer. I think some of you are too emotionally attached to a false narrative to accept the answer.

The state failed to prove their case against the most hated woman, Casey Anthony, as well. Instead hating on the jury who were only doing their jobs as instructed, people need to focus their rage on where it belongs: the incompetent state's attorneys who actually thought they could convict Zimmerman/Anthony with no evidence to support the charge.

Old 09-30-2015, 12:47 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,574,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
This needs to be quoted again for the cold hard truth. The fact that Eric Holder's DOJ could not find Zimmerman guilty of anything should tell you that this case is not how the media wanted you to see it. Stop being played by the race-baiting media.

The state failed to prove their case against the most hated woman, Casey Anthony, as well. Instead hating on the jury who were only doing their jobs as instructed, people need to focus their rage on where it belongs: the incompetent state's attorneys who actually thought they could convict Zimmerman/Anthony with no evidence to support the charge.
And yet, the topic of this thread is not the trial. It is about retweeting a picture of the body of the person he killed. Why don't you stick to the topic & tell us your thoughts on that?

Old 09-30-2015, 12:55 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,678,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
I was speaking of the grammar used. One refers to all Amerians, the other (correct) only refers to those who might hate.

So you didn't get it.

Old 09-30-2015, 12:55 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,646,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
No different than all the threads about #BLM and Muslims started by people who don't like blacks or Muslims.
And if I'm ever on one of those threads and a person complains about it while participating in it, I'll be more than happy to criticize them as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Or because down deep they are actually very much like GZ.
Quote:
How would you know?
When you have no facts, it's a common tactic to vilify those with whom you disagree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogoesthere View Post
Really all that needs to be said. Whether or not you believe GZ acted in self defense, why re-tweet the picture of the dead body?...On some level, can't people on both sides of the debate agree that re-tweeting the body isn't right?
I agree that re-tweeting the photo is a scummy thing to do, but it's really no surprise when you are talking about a scummy person like Zimmerman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee W. View Post
He belongs in prison...no regret at all for his many crimes!
Specifically, for which crimes should he be locked in prison?

Do you think we should just skip the whole trial for people we don't like and place them in jail?

I really think that is not what this country is about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Typically when someone holds the banner high for someone, they are identifying with that person or his or her ideals. Perhaps at a different level, but you usually wouldn't be outwardly and enthusiastically supportive of someone who you feel shares none of your own beliefs or values.
So, do you feel everything Ted Kennedy ever did was bad, or do you celebrate how he left Mary Jo in that car to drown?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Did you even read my post? What do you think? I think it's clear in my wording that I find it heinous. Now, instead of deflecting yet again, why don't you stick to the topic.
When other people on this thread departed the topic of the re-tweeted picture to talk about how Zimmerman should be in prison for murder, why didn't you tell them to stick to the topic?

I believe all of my posts were responses to the comments of others. Maybe had you jumped in and told them to not talk about the innocence or guilt of Zimmerman for the death of Martin, I wouldn't be responding to their posts.

Of course, we know the real motivation.

Old 09-30-2015, 12:59 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,678,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Why would I want to answer your off topic, incredibly flawed question based on your opinion? And why would I care to?
You called him psychotic. Are you saying now that you were being "Off Topic"? If not then......

I raise issue with your "clinical analysis". Obviously you simply wish to call him names as there is absolutely no evidence, as you state that GZ is psychotic. If there was, you wouldn't be so indignant of answering my very simple question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events