Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2015, 10:01 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,954,135 times

Advertisements

It will only hurt for a little while. Lights out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2015, 10:06 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
so........people that have committed such heinous crimes are deserving of a "peaceful" death......to the point where the country goes out of it's way to alter the death penalty procedures?

A man murders and rapes somebody (in that order), and we are worried about how painful his 2-3 minute death might be? Am I the only one who sees the issue here?
No, you aren't the only one. It isn't like people don't know that murder is a crime and what the punishment is. It isn't like people don't realize what drug addiction can lead to. They are personally responsible for themselves.

I would stake him, spread eagle in the desert tied with wet rawhide. I could be negotiable on public hangings. You have to make it real. A lot of people on death row are there being fed, clothed and housed for 20 plus years and probably having access to illegal drugs and the free medical care and many never executed. Scary, not so much considering the life many live on the outside.

Old 11-03-2015, 10:10 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,954,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Did his victims suffer pain in the hammer attacks?

Oh hell no!! I am sure getting beaten to death with a hammer is virtually a painless death. Holy crap. I don't believe this.

Old 11-03-2015, 10:17 AM

4,481 posts, read 3,640,250 times
Isn't it ironic that some monster feels it is okay to inflict horrendous pain on another human being, yet when he will be punished for it, he wants a peaceful and quick way out? I can't even imagine the horror of being beaten to death with a hammer. This trash has been living off of our tax dollars for the last 21 years (years his victims did not get to have). He should be grateful he had that long instead of whining that he doesn't want to feel any pain.

Old 11-03-2015, 10:52 AM

17,201 posts, read 15,390,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymer View Post
The point would not be the discomfort to the person undergoing the procedure, but the example being offered to those who might be inclined to follow in his footsteps.

The idea of inflicting pain does not imply that one is taking 'joy' from it.

I would not be completely opposed to bringing back public executions, nor to bringing back things like public whippings for lesser crimes. I don't think the current system is working all that well.

I also think that prison should be a very unpleasant place to be- no libraries, no gyms, no 'yards', no TV, no books, no magazines, no windows, no visitors. Cells should be cold steel or stone, cramped (5' x 5' x 5'), solid doors (no bars); lousy, tasteless, boring 'food'; no communication with the outside world or even other prisoners, they should have absolutely nothing to do but ponder the circumstances of what got them there. At the end of their sentence, prisoners should come out weak and wasted and squinting at the sunlight they haven't seen for years, and a fierce determination not to do anything that will get them sent back there; not muscle-bound and brimming with new ideas for more and better crimes.

For some, it certainly *is*. In fact, I would argue that fear of pain/injury/immediate death is the *only* deterrent/limitation on the scope of their criminal activities.
I agree with everything you said, but am at odds with the bold part.
That kind of treatment leads to insanity (literally) and the released prisoners would not be able to reenter society. They'd be forced into mental words, possibly forever.

Old 11-03-2015, 10:57 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,388,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunetunelover View Post
Actually, the guillotine is pretty painless and quick.

We do execute most inmates "publicly". There are witnesses there.

Draw and quarter is a bit rough, I'll admit. As is tar and feathering.

I'm not sure why we can't just have a shooting squad - all but one has blanks, so no one knows who really delivered the fatal shot.

Quicker and cheaper to just push them off the roof of the courthouse into a dumpster.

The biggest joke is that alchohol is applied to the arm during lethal injection to "prevent infection".

Old 11-03-2015, 11:04 AM

4,481 posts, read 3,640,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
Quicker and cheaper to just push them off the roof of the courthouse into a dumpster.

The biggest joke is that alchohol is applied to the arm during lethal injection to "prevent infection".
I read about that and I always wondered why they bothered - its not like an infection will have time to take hold anyway.

Old 11-03-2015, 11:05 AM

4,541 posts, read 1,159,825 times
Hmm I wonder if his victims felt pain with that damn claw hammer that he used?!

Old 11-03-2015, 11:28 AM

2,526 posts, read 1,594,387 times
The general picture emerges of not much sympathy at all for this condemned fella …

Whatever pain he feels at execution will quickly be over … It's not he's going to have a terrible episode that will traumatize him for years to come ...

Old 11-03-2015, 12:23 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times
I couldnt agree with you more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praline View Post
Missouri inmate: Lethal injection may trigger severe pain

A Missouri inmate is asking the U.S. Supreme Court to spare his life, claiming the execution drug could trigger severe pain and convulsions due to the remnants of a brain tumor and the damage caused by surgery to remove it.

Ernest Lee Johnson, 55, is scheduled to die Tuesday evening for using a claw hammer to kill three convenience store workers in central Missouri in 1994.

Okay lets put the drugs away and use a CLAW HAMMER to beat him to death just as he did his victims.

They shouldn't even waste the Court's time with this nonsense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events