Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2015, 07:53 PM

1,371 posts, read 1,931,887 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
I always wondered, how do you separate the male from female plants before they flower? I have never had the chance to ask a professional pot breeder like you.
What Old Town FFX said, and with an indoor grow you can force them to start flowering at a young age, find and remove the males, then set them back into a growth cycle. If you want to hybridize you let males continue to grow and pick which one you want to collect pollen from.

I guess a lot of people slept through biology class, I was fascinated by this mans work
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gregor_Mendel
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2015, 08:04 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,085,769 times
Delete..

Last edited by notmeofficer; 11-08-2015 at 08:19 PM..

Old 11-08-2015, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post

OMG. You do not care one iota about accuracy, do you? You are not even close, because a granny 6 plant grower has to grow indoors in order to be legal.

That makes it closer to 5 ounces per plant, my friend.

This is very, very typical of law enforcement. Exaggerate everything by at least 10X.

Ok, I will be the one to say it this time:

This is"Reefer MaDnEsS!!!" running amok.
You are correct.. I was referring to outdoor..because that's what we dealt with getting granny twelve plant enacted .indoor..pumped full of hormones co2 and lots of light... If you're good ...six ozs

Thanks for keeping me accurate... So lets recalculate
Two pounds from our magic plant for indoor growers ... If past practice is evident somewhere around 90 percent will cheat.. But let's say they want to actually be in compliance... Remember..we are using the energy of an entire family just for our grow room

Over 2500 joints...let's say good stuff.. 1-3 hit high...
That means you would have to be high 24/7 at six joints a day averaging being high for an hour.. And still buzzed for three.. Throw in some munchies time and sleep... Constantly stoned... Forget work...or learning ..

For those of you with higher tolerances who can smoke all you want... Isn't that a classic sign of addiction?

Again..how is this good for our world.. Can any of you answer that?

Old 11-08-2015, 08:16 PM

2,526 posts, read 1,592,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
Pffft...

Because the current play of wasting taxpayer money on turning random pot-heads into unemployable career criminals by throwing them in prison (at our expense) is working out soooo well.

Hey, let's criminalize another addictive drug that causes problems - alcohol. Look at the broken homes, the drunken spousal abuse, the drunk driving deaths. Maybe we should throw all them in prison, too? I mean, we never tried that before in this nation, so surely it'll work out, right?

See also: Prohibition, why legislating morality is a failure, and why imprisoning people for victim-less crimes is the height of idiocy and a criminal justice system gone wrong.
"Legalization" and "decriminalization" are not the same thing ...

Old 11-08-2015, 08:26 PM

25,560 posts, read 17,267,108 times
Heh, heh....Kinda funny.

People who don't want to legalize pot are called "closed minded" by those who do.

They're right, of course. I'm closed minded on the issue and nothing whatsoever is going to make me change my mind or my vote. Pot is for idiots.

Claiming to be "open minded" is just a crutch masking their irresponsible actions.

Smoke pot; get arrested. That's the way it ought to be.

Old 11-09-2015, 03:28 AM

2,296 posts, read 3,123,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Heh, heh....Kinda funny.

People who don't want to legalize pot are called "closed minded" by those who do.

They're right, of course. I'm closed minded on the issue and nothing whatsoever is going to make me change my mind or my vote. Pot is for idiots.

Claiming to be "open minded" is just a crutch masking their irresponsible actions.

Lol, I am going to call my rock climbing partner at the research institute where he is working as a nuclear physicist and tell him he is an idiot.

Old 11-09-2015, 05:41 AM

4,248 posts, read 4,159,642 times
Quote:
Not unless you drive or otherwise endanger others while under the influence.

Old 11-09-2015, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke_TX View Post
Not unless you drive or otherwise endanger others while under the influence.
Or commit a plethora of felonies manufacturing transporting distributing drugs
And for all those patients who have large amounts of thc in their blood.. Active or residual
Want them coming at you in a 4000 pound steel bullet?

Old 11-09-2015, 09:03 AM

15,293 posts, read 17,676,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpme View Post
What Old Town FFX said, and with an indoor grow you can force them to start flowering at a young age, find and remove the males, then set them back into a growth cycle. If you want to hybridize you let males continue to grow and pick which one you want to collect pollen from.

I guess a lot of people slept through biology class, I was fascinated by this mans work
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gregor_Mendel
That appears to be applicable to a large commercial operation, but what happens if you plant your 6 plants and half of them are male? Then you are stuck with no bud on half your plants and fertilized buds on the rest, or you have to do without half your crop. Plus, you aren't going to be doing much selective breeding with only 6 plants.

I stick by my original statement. Home growers do not start plants from seed, they do the same thing you do when you buy potted flowers in the spring; buy started cuttings that are a guaranteed strain and guaranteed female plants.

Old 11-09-2015, 09:11 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,807,166 times
Quote:
Heh, heh....Kinda funny.

Hilarious! You take issue with the 'close-minded' comment, then pronounce all those who disagree 'idiots'. Looked in the mirror lately? And it takes a special kind of narcissism to conclude that disagreement with you represents idiocy.

Oh, and as that last inane comment of yours that I've bolded? It implies that advocates are invariably pot-users. Not so. I've never smoked pot and I never will. I don't think inhaling burning particulate matter is good for a person. But criminalization is such an obvious spectacular failure, consuming precious limited resources and not actually doing much to reduce pot use, that I oppose it. Also, I lack the driving need to force others to behave as I do.

I don't think you're an idiot. You just want your way for no good reason than getting your way and forcing others to behave as you want them to behave (under threat of punishment by the government) pleases you.

And that's a woefully bad reason to support anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events