Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2015, 09:57 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,983,801 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
You are free to get mad... please look in the mirror every time you do.. I think you will find the truth

I get focused... and help build policy... and work in grassroots organizations to recognize the drug culture for what they are.. damaged emotionally... damaged physically...
Leave morality out of it.. just nuts and bones.. look at the evidence.. weigh it.. good or bad for the world

It keeps coming up.. drugs bad.. drug behavior bad.. little or no benefit to the world at large

Who here wants a stoner taking care of your child vs a person who can make sound mental judgements?

Ohio clearly figured this out.. proponents said simply a bad bill... I think there is more to it.. regular folks see what MJ behavior is.. and they dont like it when it sucks them in.

And yet, many so-called "stoners" take care of their children very well, and are not causing problems. We're along the same lines as those who casually have a couple of glasses of wine in the evening to wind down after a long day at work, except we like to smoke a little weed instead. In your dealings of only a segment of the population, you're basing those dealings and making broad generalizations and passing judgement on a lot more folks who aren't causing a problem.

As for Ohio... How do you know what us Ohioans want? Have you been here? Are there there still people here opposed to legalization? Sure. But, I assure you many more favor legalization, however; we are just not going to blindly vote for a bad bill just so it can be legalized and have it be rife with even more corruption. You can also be sure that another initiative will be placed on the ballot here, which more than likely will be a bill for medical cannabis, which would almost certainly pass. Even the republicans here are considering getting on board with that initiative. Now, I personally think it should be full blown legal, with the obvious stipulation of only being available to those 21 and up (like with alcohol), but given that no state that has recreational cannabis, has ever successfully passed such an initiative without first having it legal for medicinal purposes, I understand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2015, 10:04 AM

436 posts, read 445,938 times
I think it should be legalized. But on the negative side, if it is legalized, I might not enjoy it as much. It's like drinking. I enjoyed it more when I knew that my parents would kick my butt if I got caught. Smoking is the same. As a result, I drink moderately now since it isn't as much fun and smoke pot as I am still sneaking and it's fun. My wife has replaced my parents as far as kicking my butt.

Old 11-11-2015, 10:04 AM

3,129 posts, read 1,331,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
You are free to get mad... please look in the mirror every time you do.. I think you will find the truth

I get focused... and help build policy... and work in grassroots organizations to recognize the drug culture for what they are.. damaged emotionally... damaged physically...
Leave morality out of it.. just nuts and bones.. look at the evidence.. weigh it.. good or bad for the world

It keeps coming up.. drugs bad.. drug behavior bad.. little or no benefit to the world at large

Who here wants a stoner taking care of your child vs a person who can make sound mental judgements?

Ohio clearly figured this out.. proponents said simply a bad bill... I think there is more to it.. regular folks see what MJ behavior is.. and they dont like it when it sucks them in.
Yes, I already knew you would just copy/paste more propaganda from your canned propaganda file.

You keep hanging you hat on the rocky mountain high report -- a report written by cops for cops. Only a really naïve fool would take that as gospel.

No, someone who is more interested in finding out what the reality is about the Colorado "experiment" would ask residents, plan a visit, or find less biased sources. Once they do so, they realize most of the stuff in your beloved report is bunk.

You yourself could do the same thing, but there's not a chance you will do so. Colorado's experiment is meeting with success after success, and that REALLY sticks in your craw, doesn't it?

Hopefully objective readers will see your pattern. From California, you say you know more about what is going on in Colorado than Coloradans do. Then, from California, you say you know why Ohioans vote the way they do more than the Ohioans themselves knows. Then, from California, you say that no one goes to jail for simple possession, when multiple people from Oklahoma continually try to correct you, but to no avail, of course.

Then, from California, you tell me to look in the mirror to see how damaged I am. How dare you! You don't know me at all, but from two states away can say I am damaged and offer little to no benefit to the world at large. That is really sick.

If that does not expose you and your narrow-mindedness for what they are, nothing will.

Old 11-11-2015, 10:18 AM

50,723 posts, read 36,431,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teilhard View Post
Huh …

You suggest that MaryJane has no significant effects at all on a human being …

Interesting … I guess it's just mostly almost entirely harmless *air* so what's the big deal … ???

There's a big difference between no significant effects and totally harmless. None of us said it's guaranteed 100% harmless, but NMO is really just making things up...Weakens the heart??? DNA alteration, really?? Find me a link.

I've been using on and off since I was 15, now 53, with a break altogether between 26 and 36 or so...still graduated college Magna *** Laude still bringing in close to 6 figures in a professional job, my heart is fine; my lungs are probably messed up due to years of cigarettes, but I quit them last year (much harder than stopping pot use) and I use a vaporizer to smoke mj, so no lung damage there.

That's the point...NotMe is saying he can't wait for studies to come out with long term use effects, yet HERE WE ARE, long term users, telling you our experiences, our lifestyle, etc...none of us are unemployed losers sitting in front of TV all day, we are normal healthy adults with professional jobs living a normal life.

That is also the point. As has been made more than clear, I have not had ANY problems ever finding mj in 38 years....so it should be abundantly clear anyone with half a brain that prohibition doesn't make it hard to get and doesn't keep it out of kid's hands...yet we still have people arguing here for prohibition, yet no one has yet been able to tell me why it's better for us to keep throwing trillions at an issue it isn't making a dent in...while legalizing and regulating would make it harder for kids to get (it is easier for kids to get pot than even cigarettes) and safer for all users.

Old 11-11-2015, 10:20 AM

25,559 posts, read 17,267,108 times
The stoners still claim to be "superior parents", use the term "narrow minded" when referring to anyone who disagrees, blabber on about "objectivity", "reality", deny the implications of the Ohio vote, and so forth.

In my state stoners will face fines or go to jail. And that's a good idea.

A country that spends many millions promoting abstinence of tobacco products and many millions enforcing laws restricting its use, would contradict itself by legalizing pot.
Smoking anything is stupid. Smoking a drug is really stupid.

Old 11-11-2015, 10:21 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,222,179 times
Not to mention cannabis consumption is nothing new, it's not like it just started a few years ago. If there were SO MANY HORRIBLE DEADLY side effects, we WOULD know by now.

Old 11-11-2015, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
There's a big difference between no significant effects and totally harmless. None of us said it's guaranteed 100% harmless, but NMO is really just making things up...Weakens the heart??? DNA alteration, really?? Find me a link.

I've been using since I was 15, now 53, still graduated college Magna *** Laude still bringing in close to 6 figures in a professional job, my heart is fine; my lungs are probably messed up due to years of cigarettes, but I quit them last year (much harder than stopping pot use) and I use a vaporizer to smoke mj, so no lung damage there.

That's the point...NotMe is saying he can't wait for studies to come out with long term use effects, yet HERE WE ARE, long term users, telling you our experiences, our lifestyle, etc...none of us are unemployed losers sitting in front of TV all day, we are normal healthy adults with professional jobs living a normal life.

That is also the point. As has been made more than clear, I have not had ANY problems ever finding mj in 38 years....so it should be abundantly clear anyone with half a brain that prohibition doesn't make it hard to get and doesn't keep it out of kid's hands...yet we still have people arguing here for prohibition, yet no one has yet been able to tell me why it's better for us to keep throwing trillions at an issue it isn't making a dent in...while legalizing and regulating would make it harder for kids to get (it is easier for kids to get pot than even cigarettes) and safer for all users.

Yes prohibition actually makes it eaiser for kids to get. Given that it's illegal, dealers don't ID.

Old 11-11-2015, 10:22 AM

50,723 posts, read 36,431,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
The stoners still claim to be "superior parents", use the term "narrow minded" when referring to anyone who disagrees, blabber on about "objectivity", "reality", deny the implications of the Ohio vote, and so forth.

In my state stoners will face fines or go to jail. And that's a good idea.

A country that spends many millions promoting abstinence of tobacco products and many millions enforcing laws restricting its use, would contradict itself by legalizing pot.
Smoking anything is stupid. Smoking a drug is really stupid.
So you're okay with vaporizer use and use of edibles, nice!

Old 11-11-2015, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post

I've been using since I was 15, now 53, still graduated college Magna *** Laude still bringing in close to 6 figures in a professional job, my heart is fine; my lungs are probably messed up due to years of cigarettes, but I quit them last year (much harder than stopping pot use) and I use a vaporizer to smoke mj, so no lung damage there.

Yes, prohibition actually makes it easier for kids to get. Given that it's illegal, dealers don't ID.

Old 11-11-2015, 10:30 AM

3,129 posts, read 1,331,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Yes, prohibition actually makes it easier for kids to get. Given that it's illegal, dealers don't ID.
Not only that but Richard makes a good point too. If it is illegal, it is more glamorous. Keeping it illegal not only makes it easier to get, it makes it more desirable.

I believe kids being attracted to taboo things is a bigger factor than most realize.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events