Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2015, 09:14 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,089,828 times

Advertisements

Im sure the proponents will explain this all away so innocently as some evil plot by people who say.. ENOUGH

This report squares with my seat of the pants probation experiences and how we have a much higher.... now 50 percent population self reporting DUI with MJ and alcohol since we enacted 420/215. Our county averages about 100-125 new DUIs per month.. that means about 60 plus are ADMITTING to using pot and or pot and alcohol...

Every one a potential murderer in a 4000 pound bullet

Report Examines Marijuana Positive Drivers Involved in Deadly Crashes | Washington Traffic

Being the ultimate in PC it leaves the reader to make up their own mind

Ask the 6 year old killed on Halloween in Washington State by the stoned driver... and what her parents think about pot

Pedestrian Deaths Soar in Vancouver with Legal Pot

Driver in Vancouver's fatal Halloween crash had smoked pot | Local & Regional | Seattle News, Weather, Sports, Breaking News | KOMO News

All of this conveniently explained away by proponents,, in this case High TImes

Radical Rant: Washington State Marijuana Traffic Fatality Data Tell Us Nothing | High Times

Is this really any wonder... and simply everything people like me are saying,,, watch out here it comes?

I wonder who will be the first defender of the magic all in one sacred cure all what ails one plant here

This report also squares with what is occurring in other states with the dirty deeds of the skunkweeds

"Its not the drug.. its your behavior.. and your behavior stinks.. literally"

Last edited by notmeofficer; 11-13-2015 at 09:24 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2015, 09:48 AM

321 posts, read 420,558 times
>quoting high times as a reasonable reference

Old 11-13-2015, 11:22 AM

679 posts, read 812,928 times
Stoned driving, drunk driving, prescription pill driving are all the same, DUI.

A couple questions come to mind.

One, mj stays in the blood stream of heavy users for weeks at a time, so can it be detected more than alcohol?

Are they now testing mj but were not before legalization?

How do the total number of fatal accidents where a drive had any substance in their system compare to before legalization?

I would want to hear those answers before I jump on the "refer madness" train.

Old 11-13-2015, 11:40 AM

5,444 posts, read 6,999,315 times
In other news, somebody died from diabetes. We should ban food.

Old 11-13-2015, 11:49 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,635,782 times
I'm curious if the OP wants to also ban alcohol.

Old 11-13-2015, 12:01 PM

319 posts, read 346,786 times
As someone who lives in Seattle, I can tell you my experience is that people who wanted to smoke pot have always been smoking pot and people that don't, don't. Just like anywhere. There is no reefer madness here. You don't notice any difference in in the time since it's been legal or not. It's the same people smoking regardless of legality.
The bigger problem here is heroin and that comes directly from people getting hooked on prescription drugs/ opiates and then not being able to wean from them so they move to heroin which is cheaper and easier to get.

Old 11-13-2015, 12:14 PM

2,222 posts, read 10,652,493 times
Below is an article that discusses the data obtained from the Washington Traffic Safety Commission.

http://www.thestranger.com/blogs/slo...re-car-crashes

Old 11-13-2015, 12:17 PM

4,899 posts, read 3,557,484 times
Alcohol should be outlawed. 30+ people die every single day in the US from drunk drivers. the absolute HORROR!!

Old 11-13-2015, 12:22 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,383,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I'm curious if the OP wants to also ban alcohol.
I seem to recall that was tried once before, and it didn't work out so well.

It's not the substance (alcohol, pot, prescription drugs) that are the problem. It's the misuse/abuse of those substances by people using poor judgment. I don't drink alcohol, or use MJ, so I have no dog in this fight. But put the blame for increased dui's & accidents where it belongs, on the heads of the people involved. They are the problem, not the substance.

Old 11-13-2015, 12:27 PM

8,387 posts, read 4,374,196 times
So...the argument here is ... people die because of alcohol, people die because of diabetes ... if that is OK ... we should let them die of THC also. Got it. We may as well let them die of morpheme, heroin, cocaine, crack, phenobarbital, Quaalude, LSD and any thing else they want to inject, ingest or inhale. Damn diabetics are ruining it for everyone that just wants to have a good time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events