Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2015, 05:36 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,088,826 times

Advertisements

Well well.. I go away for eight hours and lookie lookie here...
Very predictable comments by proponents denying ... Deflecting.. And disputing...
We are also seeing the emboldenment of sick people who seek full and unfettered integration of drugs into our world as mainstream... We see the anger that comes with it.

Do we hear proponents saying
I support more and better testing including roadside pms devices....
No... we don't

Do we hear personal believable commitments that proponents have never and will never drive with thc in their system... No we wont...Why.???..
They can't... That's why..
For heavy users they will consistently have high amounts of thcin their system and will use ever increasing amounts because of tolerance and adaptation by the body to a drug... Tolerance is a component of addiction.

Some interesting factoids..
The majority of marijuana dope users feel they drive better while under the influence... Many say they drive more slowly and extrapolate more safety

False.. As the deaths mount.

It will be interesting what technology will come forth in dealing with duid marijuana ... Currently we have no good roadside test but several are being worked on...then watch the arrests skyrocket.

Interesting that the deaths have been dismissed by proponents in the thread.. And that parents against pot are vilified...

Tells you how sick potheads are becoming.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2015, 05:41 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,088,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seasallyttle View Post
As someone who lives in Seattle, I can tell you my experience is that people who wanted to smoke pot have always been smoking pot and people that don't, don't. Just like anywhere. There is no reefer madness here. You don't notice any difference in in the time since it's been legal or not. It's the same people smoking regardless of legality.
The bigger problem here is heroin and that comes directly from people getting hooked on prescription drugs/ opiates and then not being able to wean from them so they move to heroin which is cheaper and easier to get.
Seattle has become a sewer... You have to admit.. The stoners downtown are everywhere now...
Want pictures?

Yes heroin is an epidemic there... And becoming so again across America.. So does that mean we screw up society with more widespread drug use? Should we give them mj?...

Many dopers are very amenable to polypharmacy from pot to heroin and more... And then drive

Old 11-13-2015, 08:11 PM

7,029 posts, read 4,899,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaconowner View Post

By the way, in many places in the US we are already letting them die of morphine, heroin, cocaine, crack, phenobarbital, Quaalude, etc. because we are still looking at addiction as a legal problem, instead of as a medical problem. Until we view it as the medical problem it is, people will be reluctant to admit they have a problem and seek rehab and they will continue to die, which is apparently what most American want.
I think the point is, if you are going to OD on any of those drugs, you're not killing anyone else except you. But once you get behind the wheel of a car, the potential to kill others along with yourself is enormous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mig1 View Post
I visited Seattle several weeks ago, what a a dump, all you see are homeless and doped up people everywhere.
Yeah, those homeless. All over the place.

Old 11-13-2015, 09:17 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,656,423 times
How many people die at the hands of a weed user vs a gun user?

Old 11-13-2015, 09:23 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,231,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Well well.. I go away for eight hours and lookie lookie here...
Very predictable comments by proponents denying ... Deflecting.. And disputing...
We are also seeing the emboldenment of sick people who seek full and unfettered integration of drugs into our world as mainstream... We see the anger that comes with it.

Do we hear proponents saying
I support more and better testing including roadside pms devices....
No... we don't

Do we hear personal believable commitments that proponents have never and will never drive with thc in their system... No we wont...Why.???..
They can't... That's why..
For heavy users they will consistently have high amounts of thcin their system and will use ever increasing amounts because of tolerance and adaptation by the body to a drug... Tolerance is a component of addiction.

Some interesting factoids..
The majority of marijuana dope users feel they drive better while under the influence... Many say they drive more slowly and extrapolate more safety

False.. As the deaths mount.

It will be interesting what technology will come forth in dealing with duid marijuana ... Currently we have no good roadside test but several are being worked on...then watch the arrests skyrocket.

Interesting that the deaths have been dismissed by proponents in the thread.. And that parents against pot are vilified...

Tells you how sick potheads are becoming.
More and more nonsense from the drug war bible thumpers, standing on the street corner screaming THE SKY IS FALLING! END TIMES ARE HERE!

Every person on this board, that I have seen/read/paid attention to, that is pro cannabis/reformation of cannabis laws, that have posted in MANY of your anti cannabis threads have NEVER ONCE supported under age usage, driving while impaired or vilified ANY parents of those affected by the poor decisions of a drugged/drunk driver.

In fact, all have been ALL FOR better road side testing. All for getting systems in place that would help get things in line, with how they handle alcohol DUI.

Tells you how much attention some people pay to the WHOLE story, instead of cherry picking information that they think fits their agenda.

Why is it so hard to understand that there are responsible users of MANY chemicals/compounds? Will some slip through the cracks, undoubtedly. This will happen NO MATTER WHAT LAWS ARE IN PLACE, EVER.

Look at booze. Look at tobacco. RX Drugs. All readily available, FAR more DEADLY, yet none of the prohibitionist rant against them, why? Bunch of ignorant, lost in time, dinosaur hypocrites.

Reform the laws. Regulate. Monitor. Restrict illicit sales. Enforce DUI laws. Enhance roadside testing. But better laws, SMARTER laws, will help everyone.

Old 11-13-2015, 09:35 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,897,480 times
Quote:
As someone who lives in Seattle, I can tell you my experience is that people who wanted to smoke pot have always been smoking pot and people that don't, don't. Just like anywhere. There is no reefer madness here. You don't notice any difference in in the time since it's been legal or not. It's the same people smoking regardless of legality.
The bigger problem here is heroin and that comes directly from people getting hooked on prescription drugs/ opiates and then not being able to wean from them so they move to heroin which is cheaper and easier to get.

^^^Truth. If anyone wants to get weed they can, doesn't matter where they live. If they smoked it before it was legal they smoke it when legal. If they never smoked before made legal what is to make them start?
The same can be said about alcohol.
I never cared for opiates unless in killer pain and I don't like them for more than a day in pill form. If in the hospital give it to me IV. I am going to be in a bed and not out and about, much less driving.

I've seen a lot of things in my life; heroin is not one of them. Lots of people are ODing on it here in MD.

Old 11-13-2015, 10:43 PM

590 posts, read 714,882 times
Quote:

Yep....

Old 11-14-2015, 02:38 AM

6,395 posts, read 6,280,880 times
So? What do you wanna do about it? I'd bet my bottom dollar most people in crashes were smoking weed before it was legal. Now they are just allowed to be honest. Most of the accidents involve alcohol AND weed. You need to exclude those w ETOH before you make any conclusions. Because what i conclude from this is "alcohol can be highly lethal."

Seriously, OP, what is with you? You act like either someone who was not allowed to sit at the "cool table" in high school or just a really lazy officer who is irate that his work load has increased. The self appointed "Ronny and Nancy" of CD

Speaking of killing others with their cars (hopefully) NOT on weed. Here is a group who apparently does it semi regularly- 33 this year. I had NO idea this was going on! I DID know people were driving on weed and alcohol. Not new news. But here is some:

The Counted: people killed by police in the United States in 2015

Quote:
DEMOGRAPHICS
White Female, 17
Carrollton, Georgia
ARMED
No

CLASSIFICATION
Struck by vehicle
POLICE DEPARTMENT
Georgia State Patrol
Lindsey and another girl, Isabella Chinchilla, were passengers in a car that was struck by a trooper as it turned in front of the trooper's path, police said. The trooper, who has been fired, was driving about 30 mph over the posted speed limit seconds before hitting the car, according to authorities.

Quote:
DEMOGRAPHICS
Unknown Male, 53
Indianapolis, Indiana
ARMED
No

CLASSIFICATION
Struck by vehicle
POLICE DEPARTMENT
Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department
An off-duty officer hit Bowling, who was walking on the road, with his patrol car, according to authorities. Bowling died from 'multiple blunt force trauma', according to a local coroner.

Quote:
DEMOGRAPHICS
Hispanic/Latino Male, 19
Rialto, California
ARMED
No

CLASSIFICATION
Struck by vehicle
POLICE DEPARTMENT
Rialto Police Department
Camacho was struck by an officer in a police cruiser while standing outside of a crosswalk, police said. He died several days later from his injuries.

Quote:
DEMOGRAPHICS
White Male, 77
Columbus, Ohio
ARMED
No

CLASSIFICATION
Struck by vehicle
POLICE DEPARTMENT
Franklin County Sheriff's Office
Brown was turning on to a main street, driving a van. He was killed after being struck by an SUV being driven at high speed by a sheriff's deputy. Authorities said the deputy was pursuing a separate suspected drunk-driver who had just narrowly avoided crashing into the SUV before speeding away.

Quote:
DEMOGRAPHICS
White Male, 60
Tampa, Florida
ARMED
No

CLASSIFICATION
Struck by vehicle
POLICE DEPARTMENT
Tampa Police Department
McIntire, a retired army veteran, died after being struck by a vehicle while walking from a bar, according to authorities. The vehicle sped away and police initially described the incident as a fatal hit-and-run collision. Weeks later, they disclosed that McIntire had been struck by one of their own officers driving an unmarked SUV, and said it was now unclear whether the impact from the vehicle was what killed him. Fellow customers said McIntire was upright and appeared fine when he left the bar. But surveillance video appeared to show him staggering beside the road before he was hit.

STATUS Ruled justified

Quote:
DEMOGRAPHICS
Black Female, 34
Ridgefield Park, New Jersey
ARMED
No

CLASSIFICATION
Struck by vehicle
POLICE DEPARTMENT
New Jersey State Police
Laroche and Jason Champion were driving on the New Jersey Turnpike when their vehicle broke down. The two got out of the vehicle and began walking along the highway when they were struck by a police cruiser.
STATUS Under investigation

Quote:
DEMOGRAPHICS
White Male, 19
Kaumakani, Hawaii
ARMED
No

CLASSIFICATION
Struck by vehicle
POLICE DEPARTMENT
Kauai Police Department
Kocher was hit by a vehicle while he was walking, and the driver stopped and called police. Kocher was alive and responsive, according to eyewitnesses, but the attending officer struck Kocher a second time with his vehicle as he arrived at the accident. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

Old 11-14-2015, 02:55 AM

301 posts, read 296,014 times
As someone who is in constant severe chronic pain, the war against prescription RX medication is just as bad. The DEA has made it nearly impossible for me to fill my prescription for my pain medication that has been the same prescription for the last 5 years from the same pain clinic where I have to do monthly drug tests and I am monitored for any behavioral changes. The DEA reviewed my case and told the Dr. that I was on too much and he was a champ and wouldn't back down, but my pharmacy (a nationwide brand), did. They themselves cut my meds by 25% by not carrying enough each time I needed to fill my prescription, I therefore had to take the lesser amount and eventually that became the norm. I now find it difficult to get out of be at all, and even typing this has been so painful. Then people try to compare people who are taking their prescription meds as directed are not affected the same way people who are taking them to get high are; especially after months or years of the same medicine to control pain, and it is completely different than alchohol.

Don't get me wrong, I am way against DUI and impaired drivers. But I am even more against the way The U.S. enforces DUI laws. The fact is that the penalties are not (usually) in line with the crime. Driver A may go to a bar after work and have 2 or 3 drinks over the span of an hour or two before heading home. This may still put him over .08 (and being slightly impaired) resulting in a DUI penalty. Driver B may go to the same bar with the intent to get plowed and drive around with a .25 BAC or higher and can barely keep the car on the road, and have a much higher probability of killing or hurting someone innocent. In many states, they may be charged differently, but in essence, if they agree to a state run alcohol counseling program (making more money for the gov't) they can both plea-bargain to the same much lesser offense and both in the end are treated equally when Driver A had a judgement error on how much will put him over the limit and Driver B went out to get loaded and drive around.

It is even worse if Driver A previously had a misdemeanor offense. Because of that, he may not get to plea his sentence like before and end up with a much harsher DUI sentence than Driver B. It is totally messed up that the quality of your lawyer (or how much money you have) can play such a big role as well.

My brother's best friend had 8 DUI's, All within the last 5-6 years. Yet, he is still out on probation. He has an ankle bracelet to monitor his position and a breathalyzer on his car, both of which are easily defeated. He still drives to go get loaded every night. And when he gets caught again, he will probably still be able to plea to some lesser offense and keep his license.

The laws should be tailored that Driver A probably should be allowed to plea for counseling, while Drier B should lose his license for a very long time, possibly life, regardless of "How much he needs his license to support his family".

Our legal system is so screwed.

Old 11-14-2015, 03:18 AM

2,260 posts, read 1,138,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
How many people die at the hands of a weed user vs a gun user?
Yeah this is interesting that the op is concerned about weed users killing people in cars, but not concerned about cops killing people at point blank range, for obvious reasons. Im sure the stats would show the latter is much more likely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events