Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2016, 08:21 PM

3,648 posts, read 3,784,861 times

Advertisements

I do not understand why anyone takes in anything to make themselves high.

It is a real sign of weakness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2016, 10:24 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,637,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branDcalf View Post

Why would you care if somebody uses cannabis and it has no effect on your life whatsoever?

Serious question.

The only answer I can come up with is that your some kind of control freak. "I don't do it, so no else is allowed to!"

Old 02-05-2016, 10:39 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,227,052 times
Quote:

Like coffee in the morning?

Old 02-05-2016, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jburress View Post
Why would you care if somebody uses cannabis and it has no effect on your life whatsoever?

Serious question.

The only answer I can come up with is that your some kind of control freak. "I don't do it, so no else is allowed to!"
Oh, but it does. I'm supporting med marijuana users with my taxes. The wimps are claiming everything from sleeplessness to "chronic pain" (so subjective) and mooching tax money to get their pot.

Also, the kids of potheads need more services in schools, so potheads are wasting resources there, too.

And, looking to the future, what kind of adults will their kids grow up to be?

It certainly does affect me.

I don't understand the need for stimulants like caffeine and sugar, either.

But, I know there is a lot of money to be made off potheads, so I have no doubt corporations will get it pushed through and the weak will line up for their anesthetic.

Old 02-06-2016, 12:27 AM

2,950 posts, read 1,637,619 times
Quote:
Oh, but it does. I'm supporting med marijuana users with my taxes. The wimps are claiming everything from sleeplessness to "chronic pain" (so subjective) and mooching tax money to get their pot.
You live in a backward state that hasn't legalized medicinal cannabis, so it doesn't affect your taxes at all. I have no idea why you think it does.

Quote:
Also, the kids of potheads need more services in schools, so potheads are wasting resources there, too.

And, looking to the future, what kind of adults will their kids grow up to be?

It certainly does affect me.
Need more services in school? WTH are you talking about? Give me a source.

Quote:
I don't understand the need for stimulants like caffeine and sugar, either.
In your perfect world, people would drink nothing but water and only eat bread.

Old 02-06-2016, 12:43 AM

2,495 posts, read 4,358,314 times
Potheads are on par with gun nuts, when it comes to defending their smelly habits. Want to spot a pot head? Look for the loudest contributor in this thread lol. I don't care for that stuff at all.

Old 02-06-2016, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jburress View Post
You live in a backward state that hasn't legalized medicinal cannabis, so it doesn't affect your taxes at all. I have no idea why you think it does.
Newsflash for you. We have roads in and out of my home state. And airports! Even internet (snicker)! And several of us have business interests in more than one place, paying taxes in each place. Just like people in other states.

The children of potheads require additional support at a higher rate than children on non-users. The problem is that the data is protected. Just like pot-related driving violations in states where it's not legal. It is then Protected Health Information and falls under HIPAA.

In my perfect world, people would live life on life's terms and not hide. They would be themselves and enjoy each other. People wouldn't hurt each other or themselves. They wouldn't lie or steal or envy.

Old 02-06-2016, 07:52 AM

3,129 posts, read 1,332,443 times
Quote:
The children of potheads require additional support at a higher rate than children on non-users.
Hmmm. I am a daily user, and not only did my child not need additional support, whatever that is, but she is now a mother of 4 and married to a doctor.

No one I know who uses it has ever had children that needed "additional support".

Quote:

In my perfect world, people would live life on life's terms and not hide. They would be themselves and enjoy each other. People wouldn't hurt each other or themselves. They wouldn't lie or steal or envy.
That is a great plan. It is EXACTLY how I live my life. Cannabis use, in my case at least, has nothing to do with hiding, and at the same time it strengthens the other qualities you mentioned.

The problem is you have an image in your mind of how cannabis affects people that is not at all accurate.

But don't worry, I don't expect you to accept that.

Old 02-06-2016, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post

But don't worry, I don't expect you to accept that.
Why do you use?

Old 02-06-2016, 09:08 AM

50,788 posts, read 36,486,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
Potheads are on par with gun nuts, when it comes to defending their smelly habits. Want to spot a pot head? Look for the loudest contributor in this thread lol. I don't care for that stuff at all.
There are many, many people for legalization that don't smoke themselves at all.

http://www.leap.cc/#
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events