Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2015, 04:03 PM

500 posts, read 583,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by unihills View Post
Why is there any reason to believe these refugees would live forever on the public dole? A lot of them are hard working folks displaced by regional conflict through no fault of their own.

I've read stories about the "Lost Boys" of Sudan, we took about 4,00 refugees. They were helped to assimilate by getting work and education and becoming productive members of our society. Here's a bit about their experience and the volunteers who helped them out:

Who are the Lost Boys of Sudan? | International Rescue Committee (IRC)

So they are not just added to welfare rolls for the rest of their lives. They could end up productive citizens like most of us.
I can tell you story after story of the people and businesses that I have encountered that are run/owned by immigrants that are not on the up and up. Don't let this "they are the well educated" fool you.
I can drive you past house after house and show you where 3-4 generations are living. I an tell you the way they live: grandparents did not contribute to social security or any taxes in the United States as they immigrated after their working years. They still receive some form of aid as on their taxes, they are "poor" with no income, own no property, etc. The grown children with spouse and children: one of these may own the "family business" and may be the only one that has any form of "paycheck" with some Federal withholding for FICA, Social Security, etc. Grandparents and kids as well as all of the other adults may work at this business "without pay". If you pay cash, that cash is most likely not going to be reported. FYI: Not going to deny that there are people of all backgrounds that do that. The other adults with small kids, yes, I've seen them at the store pull out their food stamp card then go get in their Lexus and drive to their $2M house.

Anyway, so, this business they have is NOT paying the same taxes as the business next door that is paying all of their employees on the up and up and their taxes.

These are not "productive" members of society. They are a drain on society and our system.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2015, 04:13 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,480,960 times
At least the White House have a large enough yard to put up some kind of tent city. I truly don't see what the problem is.

Old 11-17-2015, 04:15 PM

2,851 posts, read 2,300,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeHa View Post
No, they're not Muslims or like Muslims. That was not correlation I was making, it happens that they have some similar beliefs.

I don't think the Catholic Church treats women equally, or that the Orthodox Jews treat their women equally. Religion doesn't have the best track record with equal rights for women.
Bull.

How many Catholic or Orthodox women are precluded from going to college, driving a car, or even initiating a divorce ?

How many "honor killing" of Catholic or Orthodox women do you hear about ?

AHA Foundation: Fighting Honor Killings in the United States - The Atlantic

Old 11-17-2015, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
At least the White House have a large enough yard to put up some kind of tent city. I truly don't see what the problem is.
That would be perfect!!!!

Then we can give them work and I know just what they can do after visiting DC a few months back.
They can first be forced to walk every morning with Obama leading the way completely thru Arlington National Cemetary. On their way back they can stop at every single memorial and clean it up, pick up trash, replace burnt out lights (oh, so many of those at the war & veterans memorials), clean each statue and memorial with a toothbrush, tidy up the landscaping, etc.

Then they can have Michelle Obamas nutritious school lunches served for dinner on the lawn of the White House.

PERFECT!

Changed my mind, I'm all for them all coming if this is the plan.

Old 11-17-2015, 04:55 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,073,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ummagumma View Post
Bull.

How many Catholic or Orthodox women are precluded from going to college, driving a car, or even initiating a divorce ?

How many "honor killing" of Catholic or Orthodox women do you hear about ?

AHA Foundation: Fighting Honor Killings in the United States - The Atlantic
Lt is actually very easy for a Muslim woman to initiate a divorce if she desires to do so.

In Islam a Nikkah (Marriage contract is handled much like any business contract. Both couples specify the terms they want included in the contract.

Both parties need to be certain they have specified, in the Nikkah, the required settlement in the event of a divorce. This is one pupose a woman has a Wali for her first marriage, it is his duty to be certain the woman incudes all things in the Nikkah and does not get cheated.

There are many things both parties are required to include in the Nikkah but they can also add numerous other things. A smart woman insures stipulation of a set income for life in the even of a divorce.

No court action is required for an Islamic divorce. Ether party need only publically announce they are divorced on 3 occasions and after that if they do not share the same bed for 3 consecutive months, they are divorced.

all conditions made in the Nikkah must be settled at that time. A smart Muslim woman is a "good housekeeper", she keeps the house in the event of a divorce.

while it is easy for either party to divorce in Islam, it is very discouged and both should make sincere attempts and reconcilliation before resorting to divorce.

It is very difficult to undo a divorce once it is completed even if both parties want to remarry

For the actual formal steps that entail an Islamic divorce see this link

Steps to Islamic Divorce - Evaluate & Try to Reconcile

Old 11-17-2015, 05:21 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,477,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
Even better than Sean Penn and Susan let Obama kumbaya them all........sorry they will kill him if he sings that since it's not Allah Akbar well they can work things out on the lawn

Old 11-17-2015, 05:25 PM

Finally!!!!

Someone speaking the truth

At least One Muslim is Telling the Truth… – Israel Video Network

Old 11-17-2015, 05:28 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,268,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
I was just watching a snippet of Obama's speech in Antalya, where he stated that his "closest military advisors agree with him."
That was a slip up. He meant his closet military advisors.

Old 11-17-2015, 05:33 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,268,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
I have a question. Not addressed directly at you, but sort of related to your comment.

What is a terrorist most likely to do?

Enter the US as a documented refugee or come in as an illegal alien with phony documentation?

A terrorist with a small fraction of a brain will deny being Muslim or having any connection with Syria. The terrorists are not nice law abiding people, do not expect them to be honest about their identity.
Ahmad Almohammad was one of the Paris bombers and he used a Syrian passport to get in. Why wouldn’t it make sense? There is a flood of Syrians on the move. Why not be one of them? As you heard Obama said they are fleeing ISIS so they can’t be one of them. Perfect foil.

Old 11-17-2015, 05:38 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bergun View Post
Wow... I hope that you or your family are not murdered/slaughtered in a random act of terrorism by one or more of these "bad apples" as you describe them. Sorry, but it's not "well worth the risk" for my family or my community... And I live in Seattle too. Unlike most of the liberals that live in the city, I'm well armed and well trained to defend myself and loved ones 24/7... Retired law enforcement officer and a combat veteran of the current wars in the Middle East.

...good luck in waiting for the police to be right there to stop the killing BEFORE it starts... I hope that you have your rape whistle ready!!

No disrespect meant, but you are clueless to the realities of the world and individuals like you live in a make believe/fantasy world were you actually believe that you can reason with individuals that share the same views of ISIS... Sorry buddy, but they will either shoot you or cut off your head without a second thought while they laugh at you, as you beg for your own life.

Group hugs and green tea isn't going to stop these people... Only mass American military firepower and the will to release it, will save the western world... And your rights to think and say some pretty stupid things.

Again... Wow!!!
I'm always amazed at how the Conservative lives in fear.

And old conservative men in their sixties or so ~ seem to love war.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events