Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2015, 07:32 AM

29,528 posts, read 22,718,437 times

Advertisements

Good for them, seeing that many extremists these days use the internet heavily to further their goals.

I wonder if some CD members who thought their previous declarations a waste of time would now support this.

'Anonymous' Hackers Declare War on ISIS in Video Message - NBC News

Quote:
The hacker group Anonymous has apparently responded to the attacks on Paris by posting a video declaration of war against ISIS.

"Expect massive cyber attacks. War is declared. Get prepared," the announcer says in French.

"Anonymous from all over the world will hunt you down. You should know that we will find you and we will not let you go. We will launch the biggest operation ever against you," the spokesperson continued, according to translated transcripts of the video.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2015, 07:47 AM

4,899 posts, read 3,560,374 times
I can't imagine daesh having a data center.

would be nice though if they shut down their ability to use social media, indefinitely.

Old 11-16-2015, 08:02 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,496,492 times
Kids.

Old 11-16-2015, 08:18 AM

24,543 posts, read 17,291,517 times
If they can shut isis down on social media that would be great.

Remember those German teen girls that took isis for travel money? They chatted on social media back and forth and isis wired them money so the girls could travel to Syria and it was all a scam. The girls kept the money but oddly got into trouble for fraud. I wonder how that turned out for them?

Messing around with isis could be a dangerous game. We have seen they are ruthless.

Old 11-16-2015, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post

Remember those German teen girls that took isis for travel money? They chatted on social media back and forth and isis wired them money so the girls could travel to Syria and it was all a scam. The girls kept the money but oddly got into trouble for fraud. I wonder how that turned out for them?

Messing around with isis could be a dangerous game. We have seen they are ruthless.
I never heard of this but it sounds funny.

Old 11-16-2015, 08:33 AM

4,899 posts, read 3,560,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post

They were Russian. that was a great story lol

Russian women dupe ISIS fighters into sending over cash | Daily Mail Online

Old 11-16-2015, 08:34 AM

4,677 posts, read 5,775,300 times
Quote:
We will launch the biggest operation ever against you," the spokesperson continued, according to translated transcripts of the video.
I suspect the French air force is carrying out a much "bigger" operation right now than Anonymous.

Old 11-16-2015, 08:40 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,563,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marigolds6 View Post
I suspect the French air force is carrying out a much "bigger" operation right now than Anonymous.
I wouldn't discount what Anonymous is capable of. ISIS relies heavily on the internet for communication and if that can be disrupted it can send them into disarray.

Old 11-16-2015, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
I wouldn't discount what Anonymous is capable of. ISIS relies heavily on the internet for communication and if that can be disrupted it can send them into disarray.
Anonymous in general is a bunch of script kiddies. If messing up their facebook accounts and trolling their forums were that effective than they would have been crushed by government backed intelligence sources.

These kids are just trying to exploit this situation for publicity. But I have no problem with them trying.

Old 11-16-2015, 08:52 AM

20,130 posts, read 16,192,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
That is just awesome! Although you'd think they wouldn't need them, seeing as how they think they are getting ready to meet 74 virgins.

Quote:
Police found out about the scam because they were monitoring the activities of the ISIS militants in the country and realised that money was being transferred to the women.

They believe that many other young women may be doing the same.

Initial reports said that three girls were facing up to six years in prison but after public outrage it was revealed that the charges will probably be dropped.

Online commentators said the girls should be praised for their patriotic efforts in conning money out of the Islamic State militants and it now seems likely that officials will take no further action.

A spokesman said: 'There needs to be a complaint from the other side and it doesn't seem as though this is going to be likely.'
bahaha!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events