Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2015, 01:05 AM

9,470 posts, read 10,805,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
People who prey on the elderly or small children are evil and sick. This poor gentleman's jaw was broken and he lost three teeth. He should have gotten more than six years.

I agree with you. This is a cold evil crime against a defenseless victim. I am so tired of hearing these kind of stories, they have become so common. This "knockout game" is just unbelievable. We need to get so much tougher on these violent criminals, after all how will you make someone who can do this a productive member of society? I am not sure you can.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2015, 01:17 AM

104 posts, read 111,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroZach View Post
If you've seen the videos on YouTube then you'll find out that they do.
If race is mentioned it constitutes a hate crime. You are naive if you think that there would be much hesitation on behalf of a District Attorney to charge black folks with hate crime if they committed a similar crime.

Old 11-22-2015, 02:46 AM

1,556 posts, read 1,911,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Yes cops are doing the KO game. I would love to say so many things to and about you right now but I would get a TOS!!! Have a great day!!

You really need to get off your high horse. Police violate American's Civil Rights under 42 U.S.C. § 1983 on a continuous basis. There are many documented cases of Civil Rights violations for:

*False Arrest
*Malicious Prosecution
*Excessive Force
*Failure to Intervene

When a police officer is performing his duties properly no one complains. Even in cases where they are negligence and fail to exercise due care most people give them a pass. It is the immunity from being prosecuted for crimes that is an issue.

Defense attorneys representing a police officer for any of the above mentioned claims will raise a defense of qualified immunity. This defense exists to prevent the fear of legal prosecution from inhibiting a police officer from enforcing the law. The defense will defeat a claim against the officer if the officer's conduct did not violate a clearly established constitutional or statutory right. In other words, the specific acts the officer prevented the individual from engaging in must be legally protected, otherwise there is no civil rights violation. In order to win a civil rights claim, an individual bringing a police misconduct claim must prove that the actions of the police exceeded reasonable bounds, infringed the victim's constitutional rights, and produced some injury or damages to the victim.

Old 11-22-2015, 05:20 AM

5,860 posts, read 3,298,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyadic View Post
You really need to get off your high horse. Police violate American's Civil Rights under 42 U.S.C. § 1983 on a continuous basis. There are many documented cases of Civil Rights violations for:

*False Arrest
*Malicious Prosecution
*Excessive Force
*Failure to Intervene

When a police officer is performing his duties properly no one complains. Even in cases where they are negligence and fail to exercise due care most people give them a pass. It is the immunity from being prosecuted for crimes that is an issue.

Defense attorneys representing a police officer for any of the above mentioned claims will raise a defense of qualified immunity. This defense exists to prevent the fear of legal prosecution from inhibiting a police officer from enforcing the law. The defense will defeat a claim against the officer if the officer's conduct did not violate a clearly established constitutional or statutory right. In other words, the specific acts the officer prevented the individual from engaging in must be legally protected, otherwise there is no civil rights violation. In order to win a civil rights claim, an individual bringing a police misconduct claim must prove that the actions of the police exceeded reasonable bounds, infringed the victim's constitutional rights, and produced some injury or damages to the victim.
This is a thread about the KO game. Instead you and your cop hating buddies use this as an avenue to bash cops once again. Never let a good cop bashing opportunity go to waste!!!

Old 11-22-2015, 06:29 AM

1,153 posts, read 1,050,185 times
Quote:
Glad he got arrested and will serve time in jail. He is a scumbag and he makes me sick to my stomach. Oh btw how many white people have been the victim of the KO game? How many of the perpetrators were black? How many were charged with a hate crime?
None have been charged with a hate crime while engaging in "the KO game" or while "Polar Bear Hunting".

Don't you know that it's illegal to be White in America anymore? Especially a White Male? How dare you be born that way!!!

Old 11-22-2015, 06:34 AM

1,556 posts, read 1,911,521 times
Quote:
This is a thread about the KO game. Instead you and your cop hating buddies use this as an avenue to bash cops once again. Never let a good cop bashing opportunity go to waste!!!

Is it any different than you bringing up whether blacks are convicted for a hate crimes? The answer is blacks are convicted of hate crimes. I recall a case in Long Beach, CA. where 9 black teens were convicted of a hate crime for severely beat 3 white women on Halloween. A case can be made of you never passing up an opportunity to bring up black and crime. BTW, I'm not a cop hater, I just don't approve of individuals who disrespect the uniform.

Old 11-22-2015, 06:54 AM

5,860 posts, read 3,298,444 times
Quote:
Is it any different than you bringing up whether blacks are convicted for a hate crimes? The answer is blacks are convicted of hate crimes. I recall a case in Long Beach, CA. where 9 black teens were convicted of a hate crime for severely beat 3 white women on Halloween. A case can be made of you never passing up an opportunity to bring up black and crime. BTW, I'm not a cop hater, I just don't approve of individuals who disrespect the uniform.
Blacks are never held to the same standards as whites with hate crimes. Its not even debatable to be honest. I don't care if you are white or black a hate crime is a hate crime. The guy who did this to this innocent black man is complete trash. I hope he gets what is coming to him in jail. With that being said there were numerous black on white KO attacks and only a couple were charged with a hate crime.

Old 11-22-2015, 07:03 AM

743 posts, read 766,549 times
Quote:
Blacks are never held to the same standards as whites with hate crimes. Its not even debatable to be honest. I don't care if you are white or black a hate crime is a hate crime. The guy who did this to this innocent black man is complete trash. I hope he gets what is coming to him in jail. With that being said there were numerous black on white KO attacks and only a couple were charged with a hate crime.
I was listening to a lawyer on a talk show not that long ago and he claims if the blacks and Hispanics started being charged with their hate crimes, the legal system would become so backed up, nothing would get done.
The authorities are well aware of the constant black/Hispanic on white/Asian hate crimes, but they choose to ignore it and instead focus on the crime itself instead of the more serious aspects.
Hate crimes are essentially only for straight white men.

Old 11-22-2015, 07:39 AM

2,248 posts, read 2,349,201 times
No wonder so many threads have been closed recently. It's sad that some people want to argue just for the sake of it.

Old 11-22-2015, 07:44 AM

2,982 posts, read 4,101,035 times
I don't care what colour the victim is. Anyone who attacks a 79 year old in this manner deserves a vicious beating at the hands of a drunken squad of battle-hardened Marines, followed by a lengthy stint in prison to reflect on what kind of scumbag their mother managed to raise.

Quote:
Police violate American's Civil Rights under 42 U.S.C. § 1983 on a continuous basis. There are many documented cases of Civil Rights violations for:

*False Arrest
*Malicious Prosecution
*Excessive Force
*Failure to Intervene
I really don't think I'm alone in the opinion that when police use "excessive force" on perpetrators like this POS who hit the 79 year old, they deserve a medal for public service, not a reprimand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events