Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2015, 07:47 AM

62,930 posts, read 29,126,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
soooo.... why are there legal Hispanics, many of them Mexican, getting jobs and doing well at them, and why are there ghetto dwellers who are not doing them? Why are there trailer park residents on welfare who are not doing those jobs? Legal immigrants are doing them, new to the country, but multi-generational welfare recipients won't do those jobs?

WHY NOT?

See above, why do people born here not take those jobs?

There are more employed non-Hispanics in this country than Hispanics so WTH are you talking about? Why do you completely ignore that fact and rant on about a minority of Americans who aren't employed and on welfare? Geez, I suggest you move to Mexico if you are so in love with them. Millions of American blue-collard workers lost their jobs to the illegal alien kind simply because they work cheaper. Another fact that you completely ignore. I keep asking you what jobs Americans won't take and you never answer. Why is that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2015, 11:01 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,919,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
There are more employed non-Hispanics in this country than Hispanics so WTH are you talking about? Why do you completely ignore that fact and rant on about a minority of Americans who aren't employed and on welfare? Geez, I suggest you move to Mexico if you are so in love with them. Millions of American blue-collard workers lost their jobs to the illegal alien kind simply because they work cheaper. Another fact that you completely ignore.
Please don't, that I am talking about legal immigrants, not illegal immigrants. You keep changing the topic to illegal immigrants and both of us will agree that an employer should not hire them.

Quote:
I keep asking you what jobs Americans won't take and you never answer. Why is that?
Please look back where I have describe the number of times of the grocery warehouse where born here people just were not surviving because they are not keeping up with their quotas, nor could they earn anymore above their base pay because of number of errors that were made. That is one example.

Old 11-26-2015, 11:11 AM

8,943 posts, read 11,780,861 times
It makes sense that the illegals are moving back to their ancestral land (if this is true), as jobs are moving there. The way things are here, I might have to move there myself. Legally, of course.

Old 11-26-2015, 11:15 AM

26,191 posts, read 21,579,426 times
Quote:
And just what are these jobs that Americans supposedly won't do? Again, I ask you and you refuse to answer is are you saying with a straight face that Mexicans are a superior group and that other groups don't also have good work ethics and family structures/values? You know that is racism, don't you?

You don't have a choice of picking foreigners over Americans, welfare bums or not. Many Mexicans living here are on welfare also and you seem to ignore that.

What jobs you may ask that Americans won't do? Typically hard manual labor

Great quote from the article

Quote:
U.S.-born workers unaccustomed to farm labor abandon the job after just days during harvest, farm owners say,
On U.S. Farms, Fewer Hands for the Harvest - WSJ

Old 11-26-2015, 12:58 PM

1,371 posts, read 1,932,439 times
One of the towns I live in has quite a few wealthy hispanics moving in, as long as they have $300,000 to invest in a business they get a fast track visa.

Old 11-26-2015, 02:57 PM

17,341 posts, read 11,274,075 times
I'm not sure what all the fuss is about no one wanting to do some jobs like picking crops. If Americans won't do it, then fine. Issue legal work permits for those who wish to come here from other countries to do these jobs. Anyone can come here do the work then go back to their country of origin and do so legally. I believe that's the way it used to be done but maybe I'm wrong.
The excuse that some very necessary jobs won't be done by Americans is just a nice reason to make people think illegals should keep coming across the border. That one is over used, and false.

Old 11-26-2015, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
I'm not sure what all the fuss is about no one wanting to do some jobs like picking crops. If Americans won't do it, then fine. Issue legal work permits for those who wish to come here from other countries to do these jobs. Anyone can come here do the work then go back to their country of origin and do so legally. I believe that's the way it used to be done but maybe I'm wrong.
The excuse that some very necessary jobs won't be done by Americans is just a nice reason to make people think illegals should keep coming across the border. That one is over used, and false.

Have you every applied for a work visa to work in the US picking crops? Do you know the time or cost involved? Just curious

Old 11-26-2015, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Please don't, that I am talking about legal immigrants, not illegal immigrants. You keep changing the topic to illegal immigrants and both of us will agree that an employer should not hire them.

Please look back where I have describe the number of times of the grocery warehouse where born here people just were not surviving because they are not keeping up with their quotas, nor could they earn anymore above their base pay because of number of errors that were made. That is one example.

And the only one incindental so- called proof you could come up with? You said that Americans wouldn't do those jobs. Not true, and there are slackers in every group including immigrants. It's ridiculous to claim the things you have claimed about the majority of American workers. Please don't bother to respond to me anymore.....thanks. I have no use for anti-American haters.

Old 11-26-2015, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post

There are already unlimited H-2A visas for legal, foreign crop pickers.

Old 11-26-2015, 05:27 PM

Quote:
There are already unlimited H-2A visas for legal, foreign crop pickers.

It's not as simple as one might make it out to be

The H-2A problem: Why a perfectly legal farmworker visa program isn't being used more - UPI.com

http://www.yakimaherald.com/news/loc...8c76745b6.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events