Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2015, 03:45 PM

17,340 posts, read 11,268,717 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKWildcat1981 View Post
Russians are considered white thou for US Census purposes thou, its a odd fact of geography Russia is in both Asia and Europe.
Russians aren't just considered white, they are white. They are an eastern European nation that through many centuries expanded eastward all the way to the Pacific, that's why most of their land is in Asia. That being said, many Russians are of Asian races, not European because they annexed conquered territory and people into Russia. There's really nothing odd about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2015, 03:50 PM

There are two sides to this story and maybe both sides are stretching the truth to cover themselves. I don't think Russia is a saint by any means, but Turkey certainly isn't either. I think the truth will eventually come out but it won't be today or tomorrow.

Old 11-24-2015, 03:52 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,109,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
There are two sides to this story and maybe both sides are stretching the truth to cover themselves. I don't think Russia is a saint by any means, but Turkey certainly isn't either. I think the truth will eventually come out but it won't be today or tomorrow.
This is my thoughts. Both are playing little games, with potentially very big consequences.

Old 11-24-2015, 04:01 PM

6,908 posts, read 7,665,376 times
Well, the parachuting pilots were shot when falling to the ground, indicating a terrorist presence. So obviously there was a reason to be in the area you dumb asses who questioned it.

Old 11-24-2015, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsNHL View Post
Well, the parachuting pilots were shot when falling to the ground, indicating a terrorist presence. So obviously there was a reason to be in the area you dumb asses who questioned it.
That was a barbaric thing to do which is nothing new to people of this region. I've already been hearing on news reports that the people who shot the Russian parachuting to the ground are the same people the U.S. has been supporting.

Old 11-24-2015, 04:13 PM

1,587 posts, read 1,014,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
That was a barbaric thing to do which is nothing new to people of this region. I've already been hearing on news reports that the people who shot the Russian parachuting to the ground are the same people the U.S. has been supporting.
They certain used a US made weapon to shoot the Russian helo

Old 11-24-2015, 04:17 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,468,595 times
I say split Syria into East (Shia and Christian) and West (Sunni) and end the conflict. You can't just keep Assad, 99% of Sunnis hate him while 70% of non Sunnis support him. There's no middle ground

Old 11-24-2015, 04:55 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,113,070 times
These Turks have balls. I don't know if the US would have shot down the fighter if it were encroaching our airspace in Alaska.

Mick

Old 11-24-2015, 04:55 PM

5,788 posts, read 5,102,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
It's much better than not shooting down the plane, which would lead to further Russian aggression and more lost lives.

What are you talking about? Turkey is a sworn enemy of ISIS. Russia has been aiding ISIS by protecting Assad, who is defacto allied with ISIS. Russia has been eliminating ISIS' enemies.
What Russian aggression? Last time I checked, Russia is bombing ISIS, and if you are going to rant about how Russia is actually helping Assad, so what? Assad should never have been pushed to such a situation to begin with. If Assad was still in power, ISIS would not be in Syria.

Old 11-24-2015, 05:01 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,807,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
What Russian aggression? Last time I checked, Russia is bombing ISIS, and if you are going to rant about how Russia is actually helping Assad, so what? Assad should never have been pushed to such a situation to begin with. If Assad was still in power, ISIS would not be in Syria.
Assad is in power.

If Assad wasn't too weak and incompetent to control the territory of Syria - which is only the size of North Dakota - then ISIS would not be in Syria. Assad lost control of his country long before there was any armed intervention by outside states.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events