Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2015, 11:18 AM

36,505 posts, read 30,847,571 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
In other news, studies have shown that 100% of women who kept their pants up did not have to worry about ending an unintended pregnancy. This rate has been shown to remain constant regardless of the woman's race, economic status, religious observance, political affiliation, or state of residence.

Just sayin'
I bet one would get the same results if 100% of men weren't always pawing, pressuring, intimidating and guilting women to take their pants off?

Just sayin'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2015, 11:19 AM

3,038 posts, read 2,412,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
Nope. Yes, there is the pill. There are also other alternatives, including some old-fashioned ones that men have sole control over. Just because a woman says she's on the pill doesn't absolve the man of all responsibility for the potential consequences of his actions, even if "it just doesn't feel as good". Something every young man should be taught at a very early age.
In the vast majority of committed relationships women have this responsibility, this is reality.

If she lies about being on the pill is that properly informed consent?

Old 11-25-2015, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Not to mention the risk of STDs for a man relying just on the pill. IMHO a man should aways wear a condom when having sex, no matter what the woman says. Even is she DOES diligently and responsibly use a birth control method, whatever it may be, STDs are still an issue, not just pregnancy.
You use rubbers in a committed relationship?

Old 11-25-2015, 11:30 AM

36,505 posts, read 30,847,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpm1 View Post
The woman has the control of contraception in almost all relationships due to current technology. That will change with a male pill but not until then. Yes the obligation is on the women.
If it is her obligation why then do so many fight it (abortion) being her choice? Her obligation=her choice.

Anyway, what do people expect is going to happen when there is no access to legal abortion.

Old 11-25-2015, 11:35 AM

12,883 posts, read 13,984,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpm1 View Post
You use rubbers in a committed relationship?
Not a committed relationship. I was talking casual sex, in any form. In a relationship of course there should be no risk of STDs as long as no one is cheating but people should keep in mind that technically no birth control method is 100% guaranteed. So if a woman gets pregnant and the guy is like "but you're on the pill" I think he should accept responsibility as well. If they're that worried about a pregnancy, I would advise being extra careful. If that includes using a condom, so be it. But I don't think a man can use the excuse "but she's on this or doing that to avoid getting pregnant!" and take no personal responsibility. It takes two.

Old 11-25-2015, 11:40 AM

21,467 posts, read 10,570,105 times
Quote:
I don't really care how judgmental it is if it's true.

» Teen Pregnancies Highest In States With Abstinence-Only Policies

TX high school that teaches abstinence only sees chlaymdia outbreak https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...e-only-sex-ed/

TX has the 3rd highest teen pregnancy rate, higher than the national average, too. https://thenationalcampaign.org/data/compare/1678

5th highest in teen birth rate, again much higher than the national average. https://thenationalcampaign.org/data/compare/1701

81% of Texas sexually active teens used any form of contraception at the last time they had sex. Sounds decent, and it is, but compared to other states (like Montana, the highest at 92), it's the lowest out of 34 states which shared the information and have applicable info. Yet again lower (in this case not a good lower) than rhe national average. https://thenationalcampaign.org/data/compare/3112

I'm not making this up. I could not care less how judgmental you think I'm being. My point is not to be judgmental. It's to look at cause and effect. Perhaps your state should change in this regard. IMO abstinence should not be stressed because it's unrealistic. Teen pregnancy rates prove this. So do the numbers of kids who report having sex at least once or regularly, as the link with teen pregnancy rates also shows on another page. Fact is, 100%, not even 90 or 80 or even 70 or 60 in some states, of kids are NOT practicing abstinence like TX strongly suggests and recommends above all else (it's the "expected standard" https://www.dshs.state.tx.us/abstain/), so it's irrelevant. Abstinence should be taught as an option, sure, especially seeing as it's the only 100% guaranteed way to protect against everything, but birth control methods are what should be emphasized IMO because teens are going to have sex. They just are. IMO the majority of TX is doing it wrong. I think access to and education regarding birth control has a direct effect on abortion rate, personally. It's no secret the Southern states are the worst culprits when it comes to this education and teen pregnancy rate stuff. It's the more conservative and religious ideology. It is what it is.
Has it ever occurred to you that teen pregnancies are highest in those states because there are more religious people who do not believe in abortion? Girls who grow up in households that are very pro life are far more likely to have their babies than girls in pro-choice households. It makes it seem like there are less teenagers getting pregnant if we don't even know the girls are getting abortions.

Also, perhaps the chlamydia outbreak at that one school is because there were others with chlamydia, therefore spreading chlamydia.

I am with TexasHorseLady. It's very hard to imagine that even with kids learning about abstinence along with various birth control methods as mandated by the state, that they are unaware of safe sex practices like condom use or birth control. It may be difficult to get birth control pills, but condoms are available everywhere. Believe me, these kids are well aware of prevention. They just make poor choices when they're h*rny...not unlike people throughout history. Difference is no more shotgun weddings and very few homes for unwed mothers like the Edna Gladney Home.

5,461 posts, read 3,234,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Despite enacting some of the severest abortion restrictions in the country, instead of curtailing abortions, Texas has sent more women the way of attempting to abort their pregnancies using their own methods. According to a study by the University of Texas estimates that over 100,000 women have attempted to self-abort their pregnancies.

Texas Women Are Inducing Their Own Abortions - The Atlantic

Nonsense hysteria from a far Left rag.

Dismissed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
If it is her obligation why then do so many fight it (abortion) being her choice? Her obligation=her choice.

Anyway, what do people expect is going to happen when there is no access to legal abortion.
I posted earlier why people oppose abortion if as opponents feel it is the ending of a life it is not her choice. The fact that a woman has sole control of a couples breeding particularly when it comes to ending a pregnancy is to say the least disturbing.

Old 11-25-2015, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Not a committed relationship. I was talking casual sex, in any form. In a relationship of course there should be no risk of STDs as long as no one is cheating but people should keep in mind that technically no birth control method is 100% guaranteed. So if a woman gets pregnant and the guy is like "but you're on the pill" I think he should accept responsibility as well. If they're that worried about a pregnancy, I would advise being extra careful. If that includes using a condom, so be it. But I don't think a man can use the excuse "but she's on this or doing that to avoid getting pregnant!" and take no personal responsibility. It takes two.
I am not disagreeing. Just pointing out that the implementation of BC is 100% on the women in those scenarios.

Old 11-25-2015, 11:43 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,136,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
In other news, studies have shown that 100% of women who kept their pants up did not have to worry about ending an unintended pregnancy. This rate has been shown to remain constant regardless of the woman's race, economic status, religious observance, political affiliation, or state of residence.

Just sayin'
Yeah, 'cause you know how well abstinence only education works.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events