Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2015, 06:15 AM

1,069 posts, read 711,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderwall View Post
For those of you who think this is a cool sign, here's a thought for you. Would you feel comfortable living in that "county" if you were not Christian? What if you're Jewish and you actually want to say to the check-out clerk "happy holidays"? Would you just hold your tongue?

I am tired of this myth that there's a war against Christmas. I've never actually heard of a real person being "offended" by "Merry Christmas". But you know what I have read about? People actually being offended by "happy holidays". You tell me who's the bigot?

This sheriff just has a chip on his shoulder. No one cares if he believes in God or not. No one cares that he supports the troops. He's just looking for attention.
Where I live, there are plenty of people that say Happy Holidays, I respond with Merry Christmas to you too
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2015, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
No, I don't care if someone says happy holidays or if they say Merry Christmas. I don't have delicate sensibilities. I do think however your maturity level is at zero which would explain why you're so sensitive about two words.
It seems you are breaking this sign down to 2 words, but it encompasses more. You point out that I am sensitive about 2 words, yet it seems that you have the problem with it

Old 11-30-2015, 06:29 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,643,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep It Simple View Post
Again, asked and answered
Not.

Old 11-30-2015, 06:39 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,553,730 times
Quote:
It seems you are breaking this sign down to 2 words, but it encompasses more. You point out that I am sensitive about 2 words, yet it seems that you have the problem with it
How so?

Old 11-30-2015, 06:44 AM

828 posts, read 907,601 times
Quote:
Where I live, there are plenty of people that say Happy Holidays, I respond with Merry Christmas to you too
Because you are obnoxious.

Old 11-30-2015, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Because you are obnoxious.
Because the holiday is Christmas....it should be recognized....let me be the first to wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Old 11-30-2015, 06:55 AM

1,973 posts, read 2,272,272 times
Lots of groups are celebrating something in Dec so I wing it.. I use both...I ask all the Bible Bangers.. aside from the ONE ACT of clearing out the money changers ... when else, did Jesus use Direct Aggressive Confrontation.. He Didn't , he could have , but he didn't and IMHO He IS GOD.. so what makes you, any of you think, you should then ram your beliefs down anyone's throat?
Jesus did, single out and hold accountable those who were making claims of being members in " His Fathers club "..because they were not living by the rules of The Club.. Jesus was by and large loving and kind to non members, all the while showing the importance of his message.. Its been my observance that "Christians" that boast the most, live it the least.. I see that nowhere as evident as I see it here in the south.. Ask Yourselves this question.. If They were shooting Christians would you be singled out when not sitting in church? Jesus said PRAY for your authorizes for my Father put them there for his good reasons. He said pay your taxes.. Love Others at least as good as you love yourself.. don't bring false witness.. ( do you forward hate mail and post lies on the internet? ) WWJD is that a real question or just a money making con-job using cheap plastic bands made in a Christ Hating Country? Sorry I got off track from your post so mine is not directed at you : ) Hummm but then again
Quote:

Old 11-30-2015, 06:55 AM

828 posts, read 907,601 times
Quote:
Because the holiday is Christmas....it should be recognized....let me be the first to wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you too.

(See? It's simple.)

Old 11-30-2015, 07:01 AM

4,006 posts, read 6,036,840 times
Then gentle snowflakes again get their panties in a wad over a sign.....

Old 11-30-2015, 07:03 AM

2,055 posts, read 1,447,754 times
Quote:
For those of you who think this is a cool sign, here's a thought for you. Would you feel comfortable living in that "county" if you were not Christian?
Yes

Quote:
What if you're Jewish and you actually want to say to the check-out clerk "happy holidays"?
No. If I were Jewish, I would prefer to say Happy Hanekkuh.

Quote:
Would you just hold your tongue?
No. It would be impolite and discourteous to ignore a good-will comment.

Quote:
I am tired of this myth that there's a war against Christmas.
I'm tired of the deniers like yourself. Guess that makes us even.

Quote:
I've never actually heard of a real person being "offended" by "Merry Christmas".
Have you ever heard of an UNREAL person being offended? BTW, I've never heard of an unreal person either.

Quote:
But you know what I have read about?
No I don't. Are you one of those who buys Playboy Magazine just to read the articles?

Quote:
People actually being offended by "happy holidays".
Not me. Sounds like a good-will and festive comment. Are YOU offended by it?

Quote:
You tell me who's the bigot?
Hmmm ... that's a tough one. Could it possibly be YOU?

Quote:
This sheriff just has a chip on his shoulder.
Can you get me a picture of that so I can see just which shoulder it's on? And if there is indeed one, like you claim there is, I want to be there when you try to knock it off. Unfortunately, I am wasting a hope because 1) there isn't one and 2) if there was, you don't have the intestinal fortitude to try ... which is why you hide behind your computer screen and talk big.

Quote:
No one cares if he believes in God or not.

And I don't think the real Christians and/or Jews do either.

Quote:
No one cares that he supports the troops.
WRONG.

I DO. I used to be one. And from the disgusting tone of your post ... YOU WEREN'T. What a pity. Although, maybe not ... any lessons on respect would have been lost on you.

GO SHERIFF.

El Nox
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events